• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Network Segment on Angels

• Inside Pitch changed the title to MLB Network Segment on Angels
24 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

God MLB Network runs circles around ESPN.

I remember when ESPN/Sportscenter was a daily part of my routine...  I can't remember the last time I've watched it in it's entirety, its been over a decade.  These days I hate that MNF is on the network, otherwise I'd skip them completely.

I like how they put up the top pitchers in next year's free agent market and described all but Scherzer as a risk. Even Scherzer, at his age, is a risk. And yet all will command a large salary and the Angels could very well get the Zonk prize picking any one of them. 

Verlander is coming off of Tommy John, he isn't giving you 150 innings. Greinke has Weavered and his fast ball is falling off the radar. Scherzer looked like crap the last two outings which means age/innings caught up to him. Kershaw is a Dodger, they are not letting him walk and he isn't going to leave the Dodgers. 

So you have Ray and Noah. Choose one and over pay but hope to God they don't crater. Otherwise the same group next year is shaking their heads once again. 

But if one more of those assholes says trade Trout... 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Yet there are some who still defend Arte. It's mind boggling.

Are there really? (I'm being serious with that question, not snarky.) I paid less attention this season than any other season of my adult life. I still browsed game threads on AW two or three times per week, but I probably spent 25% of the time on AW that I normally have in the last 12 years. 

Are there really people who still say "Damn the haters, Arte Moreno is doing a good job!"?

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Agree with a lot of the stuff being said here.

They gave 10 minutes to the Angels and they finish by saying, we could go all day.

It's a great point they make about Perry Minasian being put in a tough spot. They don't even mention Billy Eppler getting canned last year. How is Perry going to avoid making a big, long term mistake, when you have a manager publicly telling you how to spend money, and an owner who just fired the last guy for not showing results while trying to avoid the landmines in the market.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Philly looking to add bats pur around Harper. Trout big Eagles fan. Adell, Marsh and Ward in OF. Halos have youth moving forward. Ohtani value never will be higher maybe get big haul for him. This would be splash Angels need not a big name starter.

You heard ir hete first!

Trout to the Eagels!

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Agree with a lot of the stuff being said here.

Face, Arte Moreno!

They mention everything wrong with how Moreno oversees this franchise.

Need better scouting and development.

Need better FO, not drinking buddies like Carpino and Kuhl.  You need a true baseball savvy president of operations! 

Need to not avoid signing solid enough FA pitchers like Stroman to short enough deal.

This is all on Arte Moreno!

Question: is Matt Wise really good enough to be a SOLID MLB pitching coach?

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I like how they put up the top pitchers in next year's free agent market and described all but Scherzer as a risk. Even Scherzer, at his age, is a risk. And yet all will command a large salary and the Angels could very well get the Zonk prize picking any one of them. 

Verlander is coming off of Tommy John, he isn't giving you 150 innings. Greinke has Weavered and his fast ball is falling off the radar. Scherzer looked like crap the last two outings which means age/innings caught up to him. Kershaw is a Dodger, they are not letting him walk and he isn't going to leave the Dodgers. 

So you have Ray and Noah. Choose one and over pay but hope to God they don't crater. Otherwise the same group next year is shaking their heads once again. 

But if one more of those assholes says trade Trout... 

Stroman too, may end up being the best value of the bunch.

Look no further than here for the blame.   See Harry Truman’s famous quote.  
Six years of this crap, multiple managers, GMs, pitching coaches, ONE common denominator 

Sorry, I’m just royally pissed at what he did to a franchise that finally found stability in the 2000s

0B0A3926-0D60-4FEF-9C73-C0E8F7A95FC5.png

Edited by Angel Oracle