• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoughts on Rich Waltz so far .......

New PBP guy Rich Waltz.  Seems to be doing fine IMO,'

Still kind of bewildered as to why the Halos decided to jettison Daron Sutton after a half a season at the All Star Break.

If Waltz was available in February/ March why didn't the Halos get him on board back then.?

Rich (Tennessee) Waltz -- sure he hasn't heard that one before !! LOL !!

I think Waltz and Gubi seem to mesh better -- there were some back and forth banter between Gubi and Sutton  that last series right before the ASG break that sounded like there was tension there. And then Sutton made some comment - can't remember the specific comment now - I was half listening/ watching the game as I do while on line doing other stuff - like posting here -- and I just remember stopping and wondering - 'what did Suttoin just say? not sure if management will be happy with that......"  

next thing - in a stealth like announcement - designed not to get too much attention during the ASG break - Sutton is OUT.

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

Maybe it's because I'm sleep deprived, but I clicked on this thread thinking Rich Waltz was a AAA reliever the Angels had called up in the last week.

Well, it does beg the question, how is his change up? 

BTW, the Angels do have Andrew Wantz on the roster so it's an easy mistake. 

He is a marked improvement over Sutton, which, respectfully, wasn't a tough bar to set.

For me is acceptable right now, but the Angels should perform a more competent search over the next two season for more of a Victor Rojas type (or just convince Rojas to come back!).

I know some of you don't care for Mota, but I'd like to see him get a shot. Both he and Gubi do have a lot of excellent baseball experiences and angles about the game that I find interesting (Gubi obviously knows his stuff in regard to pitching).

There are good solutions and the Angels should use Rich while they look around. Either he will prove himself out further and stay or the Angels find a better option.

8 hours ago, Taylor said:

Hopefully the Angels make the playoffs again by the time my kid goes to college.

College?  I predict she becomes a Navy Seal right out of high school, serves her country proudly and then marries a congressman from Texas (Republican) and settles down in Dallas, has five kids and volunteers for various conservative political candidates.

38 minutes ago, True Grich said:

College?  I predict she becomes a Navy Seal right out of high school, serves her country proudly and then marries a congressman from Texas (Republican) and settles down in Dallas, has five kids and volunteers for various conservative political candidates.

Her rebellious-teen phase will involve fearmongering about CRT and intentionally writing with bad grammar and spelling.