• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official 2020 Tokyo Olympics

12 hours ago, Tank said:

has anyone watched rugby yet? this is a sport i like to watch, but i haven't got a clue about the rules, or what the lines on the field mean. there are also some guys who wear some sort of helmet? but i'm not sure why only some guys wears it and what it's for.

a lot of rugby looks like street football if you didn't care about following the rules.

I think it's so they don't get their ears ripped off.  Kind of like wrestling.  

Rugby is a great sport.  I don't know the rules either.  But I like it more than both footballs, because it's nonstop action.  it's too bad it doesn't have a following in the US.  

23 minutes ago, Lou said:

Some chick won the first medal ever for San Marino, which makes them the smallest country to ever win a medal. (pop. 34k)

yep, she won it in shooting. you could fit the entire population of san marino inside anaheim stadium with room left over.

watched some canoeing today. the athletes make it look reasonably easy, but i'll bet the amount of strength it takes to turn that canoe around against the tide must be insane.

US women taken by Turkey to five sets in volleyball but prevail in the end. the Russian women beat china in five sets, too.

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

the best shooters are in chicago and detroit, but they only know how to shoot at moving targets.

Actually they are terrible. That's why they are killing people with stray bullets all the time. 

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

US women taken by Turkey to five sets in volleyball but prevail in the end.

Two Bruins playing for the US. Also, another Bruin is their coach, legend Karch Kiraly.

Btw, men's team is coached by current Bruin coach, John Speraw.

That is all. 

women's trampoline is on. i guess if they can make rhythmic gymnastics an olympic event, then trampoline is okay.

i'm still trying to figure out how dressage is an olympic event. it has nothing to do with your own athletic ability - it's about how well the horse can respond to your commands. that doesn't meet the "athletic" requirement for me.

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

women's trampoline is on. i guess if they can make rhythmic gymnastics an olympic event, then trampoline is okay.

i'm still trying to figure out how dressage is an olympic event. it has nothing to do with your own athletic ability - it's about how well the horse can respond to your commands. that doesn't meet the "athletic" requirement for me.

Bruce Springsteen's daughter is on the US team.

I saw him in concert when I was at UCLA.