• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official 2020 Tokyo Olympics

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

US men take gold and silver in the shot put. ryan crouse, the winner, wins gold for the second olympics in a row.

all five of his throws broke the existing olympic record. his final throw was the second longest in history, just shy of his own world record.

Hell yeah! No one throws a metal ball resting on their neck better than we do.

USA! USA! USA!

8 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Hell yeah! No one throws a metal ball resting on their neck better than we do.

USA! USA! USA!

i think the commentator said that out of the 84 olympic medals awarded in the history of the shot put, the USA has won 49 of them. i think he said we're also the only country to have back to back winners, and it's happened 4 times.

i threw the shot in high school, so i like this event. even had my own shot ball so i could practice when i wanted/needed. i had the second farthest throw in school history.

women's golf is struggling. the temp today was supposed to be around 97 with lots of humidity. this was a huge concern as it was hot enough yesterday that two caddies went down, including the one for lexi thompson. 

the weather is supposed to be brutal again thursday, and friday will be worse as 50 mph winds and rain are expected blow in. lots of discussion about what to do. some were calling for the golfers to play 27 holes today in this heat, but they decided not to do this. they may end up shortening the competition to 54 holes for player safety.

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

You were probably doing something that makes this world a better place.  

i bought bulletin board paper earlier today. one of my boards will have a starry sky paper with stormtroopers border around it.

very likely, none of the kids will notice it until i point it out to them in february and tell them it's been there all year, and they'll go "what? no way!"

oh, and i also took my mom to the cardiologist. she's going to be getting a pacemaker in a few weeks.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

i bought bulletin board paper earlier today. one of my boards will have a starry sky paper with stormtroopers border around it.

very likely, none of the kids will notice it until i point it out to them in february and tell them it's been there all year, and they'll go "what? no way!"

oh, and i also took my mom to the cardiologist. she's going to be getting a pacemaker in a few weeks.

Prayers for your mom, Tinker. (yeah, I'm still going with this) You're a good son.

And an average teacher. 

Just now, Lou said:

Prayers for your mom, Tinker. (yeah, I'm still going with this) You're a good son.

thanks, means a lot to me. and i'm cool with tinker.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

And an average teacher. 

i hope your brother has to teach common core math for the rest of his career.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

I hope your brother has to teach common core math for the rest of his career.

He actually teaches math, but has the "problem" kids. He's a pretty big guy so he just walks in on the first day, scares the shit out of them, then just cruises the rest of the year. 

2 hours ago, St1ck said:

Why is steeplechase still a thing? It's hurdles but you have to jump in water and run the race with wet shoes. 

i had lunch with the IOC and asked them if they'd allow you to call timeout and change your shoes & socks after each lap, and they agreed to this.

2 hours ago, St1ck said:

That's very interesting. (st1ck, close your eyes)...

Jrue Holiday -

Bruin.

Holiday fact: His wife is soccer star and 2-time Olympic gold medalist Lauren Cheney. Cheney suffered a brain tumor when she was 7 months pregnant. Cheney...

Bruin.