• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official 2020 Tokyo Olympics

On 7/24/2021 at 12:17 AM, Blarg said:

My youngest son took up fencing on an amateur level. He practiced daily, went to matches and even won a couple small events on a local level. One day an old guy, in his late 70's, asked if he wanted to practice. He thought, sure, humor the old guy and take it easy on him. 

They face off and suddenly the old guy that walked kind of slow and funny pounces on him flashing steel faster than his mind, let alone limbs could react to. 

After about twenty minutes of getting his ass cut to ribbons and sweating out of ever pore they take a break. That's when the old man admitted being an international competitor from his teens through 40's. He bemoaned he just wasn't as light on feet as he used to be. 

I like watching the matches but I rarely can see the actual landed strikes the competitors are so fast. 

I don't always watch a whole match of fencing but when I do it was the US girl winning gold today. 

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Sports like these are why I watch the Olympics. 

But I do love track & field.

Track first especially relays, swimming relays are bad ass, women's water polo when they are getting out of the pool, individual dressage. 

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

3 x 3 indoor, on immaculate courts just doesn't do it for me.  3 x 3 should be on asphalt or concrete, by the beach, where the wind is blowing, where if you slam the ball, you'll be guaranteed to need a tetanus shot.  Also should be mandatory that they talk trash to each other.  

1_jLRoC2U9a3cWy7FIzejj3g.0.jpeg

they should also have chain link nets.

1 hour ago, St1ck said:

Go ahead and throw skateboarding into the pile of Olympic competitions I don't care about. 

yeah, as a viewer, it looked like every single one of them was doing the same exact move of riding down the stair handrails. a few minor variations that a trained eye would appreciate more, but it was hard to get really excited about what i was seeing. same with surfing.

not sure how to feel about a couple of 13 year olds competing.

US looked really crappy vs. the russian men in volleyball. if they continue to play this poorly, they won't come close to winning a medal.

US vs. china in women's water polo on right now. US up 11-7 late in the 4th quarter.

both jon rahm and bryson de chambeau have tested positive for the 'rona and will not be allowed to play for their respective countries.

patrick reed replacing bryson. this will be the one time of the year that i don't wish for him to suck.

Typical of the stupid shit you read on the internet, especially Yahoo.

Japan's Olympic organizers lied about its weather, and now athletes are paying the price

https://sports.yahoo.com/japan-lied-about-the-weather-and-now-olympians-are-paying-the-price-010612634.html

No, the Japanese don’t have to apologize for the weather here — the searing sun, the sky high temps, the pea-soup humidity. No one tells Mother Nature what to do.

But as athletes continue to wilt and wither in these conditions, they do owe everyone an apology for this much: They lied like hell about it.

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

One of my flipper friends on Facebook posted about it and wrote "finally." At first I thought she just meant finally they have a gold medal this Olympics.