• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official 2020 Tokyo Olympics

34 minutes ago, Lou said:

Just watched fencing.

Archery is next. 

My youngest son took up fencing on an amateur level. He practiced daily, went to matches and even won a couple small events on a local level. One day an old guy, in his late 70's, asked if he wanted to practice. He thought, sure, humor the old guy and take it easy on him. 

They face off and suddenly the old guy that walked kind of slow and funny pounces on him flashing steel faster than his mind, let alone limbs could react to. 

After about twenty minutes of getting his ass cut to ribbons and sweating out of ever pore they take a break. That's when the old man admitted being an international competitor from his teens through 40's. He bemoaned he just wasn't as light on feet as he used to be. 

I like watching the matches but I rarely can see the actual landed strikes the competitors are so fast. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Just watched fencing.

Archery is next. 

i like watching both of these. i have a shirttail relative that is a fencer and competes nationally. 

the US mixed archery team, ranked #2, was beat by indonesia, ranked #15.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

i like watching both of these. i have a shirttail relative that is a fencer and competes nationally. 

the US mixed archery team, ranked #2, was beat by indonesia, ranked #15.

you beat me to it, lou.

11 hours ago, Blarg said:

My youngest son took up fencing on an amateur level. He practiced daily, went to matches and even won a couple small events on a local level. One day an old guy, in his late 70's, asked if he wanted to practice. He thought, sure, humor the old guy and take it easy on him. 

They face off and suddenly the old guy that walked kind of slow and funny pounces on him flashing steel faster than his mind, let alone limbs could react to. 

After about twenty minutes of getting his ass cut to ribbons and sweating out of ever pore they take a break. That's when the old man admitted being an international competitor from his teens through 40's. He bemoaned he just wasn't as light on feet as he used to be. 

I like watching the matches but I rarely can see the actual landed strikes the competitors are so fast. 

My college roomie was on the fencing team.    Definitely an interesting sport to watch in person