• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official LA Kings thread 21-22

Tank

Dallas is pretty much locked into the final spot.   Would have to lose to the Yotes and Ducks in regulation at home, and Vegas would need to beat Chicago and St L on the road.

McLellan will be especially motivated to beat his former team in the first round.

Edited by Angel Oracle

boy, they played their game tonight. that was a great third period. they didn't panic, and that's the kind of calm and cool that wins you a Cup.

edmonton is scary with mcdavid, draisatl, and a few others, but mike smith is a crapshoot in goal. his sloppy, risky play in the third contributed to the gwg.

#56 for the oilers is a little punk. he started off in the opening minute of the game just being a bitch and got called for a penalty. if he keeps playing like that, i hope the kings take advantage of his hot head and make the oilers pay for it.

44 minutes ago, Tank said:

boy, they played their game tonight. that was a great third period. they didn't panic, and that's the kind of calm and cool that wins you a Cup.

edmonton is scary with mcdavid, draisatl, and a few others, but mike smith is a crapshoot in goal. his sloppy, risky play in the third contributed to the gwg.

#56 for the oilers is a little punk. he started off in the opening minute of the game just being a bitch and got called for a penalty. if he keeps playing like that, i hope the kings take advantage of his hot head and make the oilers pay for it.

That's Kailer Yamamoto. He's a little dude with a chip on his shoulder. I don't think I've ever watched an Oilers game where someone wasn't messing with him.

The Oilers like to sell out on the rush but they don't do a very good job of back checking and it screws them. A D corps can have Tyson Barrie, or Cody Ceci, or Duncan Kieth but I don't think one can survive the playoffs with all of them

Started this thread elsewhere.  Sorry.

The LA Kings started the 2022 playoffs with an exciting win in Edmonton last night, 4-3.  The Kings jumped out to a 2-0 lead, and like the Angels, let the opponent back into the game with horrible defense and an even worse penalty kill, letting the Oilers convert 2 straight power plays.

Honestly, I’m not expecting much from this Kings team but last nights game was an example of how this young Kings team has a lot of fight in them.  They are the 2nd youngest team in the playoffs, and this team reminds me of 2010, when the Kings went through a massive rebuild, and several years later went on to win 2 Stanley Cups.

The Kings special teams play is what probably will end up being their demise as their penalty kill is still atrocious and the power play is barely average.  Jonathan Quick made some great saves last night, but he’s also not the Quick of 2014.

All that being said, it was a great way to start the playoffs of 2022.  I can’t wait to be there for Game 3 on Friday.  It should be rocking at Staples (Cyrpto) Center.

As discussed, this Kings team is young and hard to read.  I’d assume we were in for a major letdown after that big Game 1 win, and it happened.

Hopefully we can gain control with a Game 3 and 4 win and take control of the series.  

A Kings fan can dream, can’t we?