• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official LA Kings thread 21-22

Tank

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

You guys better win tonight.  Looking at what happened, should have been 2 games.  Oilers quickly becoming a dirty team.

They are a frustrated AND dirty team @gotbeer.  Evander Kane should have been suspended for Game 5 for a deliberate and dirty high stick and eye gouging in Game 4.  

I hope like hell the Kings play out of their minds tonight and kick their asses.

Well, they outplayed us and shut us down very effectively in their zone.  

Looked like they had a tough time generating shots. Edmonton stepped big tonight and we had no answer for them.

Like @Tanksaid, Edmonton simply outhustled, outshot, and outplayed the Kings in Game 7.  Simple as that.  The 2nd period said it all.

I’ll give the Kings this….the nucleus of this team is very young.  This could be the beginning of a pretty good run for them, like the beginning of 2010 and the rebuild that led to 2 Stanley Cups.

The Kings will have some tough decisions to make.  Veteran players like Drew Doughty, Jonathon Quick,  and Kopitar are going to be big questions in the off season.  Tough, because they are fan favorites and icons here.

regardless, it was a good run and looking forward to next season already 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anddd, the Kings pull off a major trade in acquiring LW Kevin Fiala from the Wild, in exchange for the 19th overall pick in this draft plus the rights to UofMinnesota blueliner Brock Faber.

Fiala had 33 goals, 52 assists, 85 pts, +23 +|- for the Wild this past season, and will turn just 26 next month.

As part of the trade, restricted FA Fiala signed a new 7 year/$55 million contract with the Kings.

Kings are still some $12 million under the cap, and clear more after next season when Quick is a FA.

It's Eklund.  But wouldn't be the first that someone went to So Cal, (Miller, Gretzky), so that their wives can be closer to the biz.

On Burns, Forsberg, Slafkovsky, Campbell, MAF, Malkin...more...Wed's Buzz

*While I still believe the Preds will get Forsberg signed, there is a strong feeling growing out there that Forsberg could head to LA.. His wife is in the entertainment industry and the Kings are hell bent on adding scoring...

• 7 months later...

for Christmas, my brother bought me tickets for the game this past saturday night against pittsburgh. we got there in time for the number retirement ceremony, and we both really enjoyed brownie's speech. his is the seventh jersey to be retired, and i've been there for four of them. 

i'll tell you, when they bring the Cup out onto our ice, i will always get chills. there's just nothing else like it in sports when it comes to championship trophy ceremonies. 

a lot of former teammates showed up and told stories, and they were great. clifford, matt greene, stoll, martinez, scuderi, and muzzin among them. Luc's hair is as white as your grandfather's, and it's strange to see. 

brown talked a lot about team and how important it was for them to trust and love each other. it made the difference in winning vs. going home empty.

the trophy unveiling was fine until we got a close up look at his face. yikes. it wasn't done well and someone should have made the artist do that part over.

all in all it was a great evening. even ran into a couple of my former students.