• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official LA Kings thread 21-22

Tank

as for the game on saturday night, they just couldn't miss. Kempe was right on target. i can't remember the last time i saw a 4-goal game in person. 

pittsburgh didn't put a lot of pressure on the Kings. i was expecting them to be nonstop in our zone, but it didn't play out that way. our boys really played well. 

the blowup with crosby happened down at our end. not sure why he was so upset about this particular cross check, but he was out of line to come and confront anderson as he was trying to go the box. the ref told him repeatedly to back off and then it looked like he was t elling syd to go to the  box himself, but syd wouldn't comply. he finally had enough and gave a game misconduct to crosby, the first time he's been thrown out of a game in his career. the last time i saw crosby play was when he was a 17 year old after the draft and came to LA for some kind of development camp. he was head and shoulders better than everyone else on the ice that day. it was fun to see him skate saturday night as a pro.

Jonathon Quick is a total pile of shit.  As a lifelong Kings fan, I’ve seen great goaltending and bad goaltending.  When Quick was young and on his game, he was good.  He won 2 Stanley Cups.  Tonight is the Jonathon Quick 2.0.  Horrible.  Slow.  I’m sitting right behind him tonight and he’s let 3 goals get past him, 2 on the glove side.

Horrible.  He flat out sucks the last 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Kings did the unbelievable tonight - they trade Quick to Columbus for Korpisalo and Grivkov (?).

His contract ends this summer and there's 20 odd games left. he deserved to retire as a King. Figure out a way to play him less, put him on the IR or something that will save his dignity, but not this.

I read a comment from someone who said the whole clubhouse had a pall over it even though they won tonight and Kopi had 4 goals.

This isn't the right way to part with a legend.

In accordance with the CBA they can’t alter his contract in any way once it’s signed. They could get salary relief if he’s on LTIR but the league actually checks up on the validity of those injuries.
I guess the moral of the story is either get trade protection written in the contract or try not to suck when the team has a window to compete before Kopitar and Doughty fall apart 

21 hours ago, Tank said:

Kings did the unbelievable tonight - they trade Quick to Columbus for Korpisalo and Grivkov (?).

I had a bit of a start. A Kings fan posted on Facebook about Quick being traded with the hashtag "#Vegasgoldenknights". I thought that the Knights had traded for him, which would have meant that A. They had just traded talent for a subpar goalie, and B. Logan Thompson's injury was worse than advertised. Fortunately neither was true, and I have no idea why the hashtag.

14 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I had a bit of a start. A Kings fan posted on Facebook about Quick being traded with the hashtag "#Vegasgoldenknights". I thought that the Knights had traded for him, which would have meant that A. They had just traded talent for a subpar goalie, and B. Logan Thompson's injury was worse than advertised. Fortunately neither was true, and I have no idea why the hashtag.

Some say it’s in the works. Nothing finalized 

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

it's official now. vegas has tweeted about it.

That’s fine. Quick has mentioned he wants to play beyond this season 

The orig needed to improve and did what was needed. No hard feelings 

hope quick continues to play like he has been lately with Vegas 

3 hours ago, Tank said:

it's official now. vegas has tweeted about it.

It's up on the club's Facebook page as well. Guess that Thompson is out for a while. He actually was traded to Columbus, but he was traded again right after that. Hope that he didn't fly to Ohio.

The Knights didn't give up much - a goalie from the minors and a seventh-round draft pick in 2025.

We're probably not going to see Robin Lehner play again, so there's that. Goalie play with Thompson out has been spotty at best. The worst example of that was the gift goal that Adin Hill gave the Avalanche 14 seconds into the game on Monday, just being careless.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

This just in.

Connor McDavid is a dirty player.

Has slammed quite a few players violently into the boards where a regular check suffices.

Avoids penalties where others get suspended.

Great player

But referees protect his ass way too much!

Conor McDavid, while a great player, has a dirty streak in him @Angel Oracle.

That Boarding call last night should have been a major penalty.  He got away with a 2 minute minor, because of who he is.  
Mikey Anderson laid on the ice for a few minutes before being helped off, and looked completely woozy.

It was a bullshit penalty and, like you said, got away with it because of who he is.  No doubt.