• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2021-2022

gotbeer

12 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I would just like for the Knights to be able to put a complete team on the ice. Six players on IR and two on the COVID list. The whole season has been like this. It's a miracle that they are above .500

Not with your cap issues.  /obligatory

26 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

What they just did.  move players to LTIR, and move players off of LTIR.  Play the game for another month.

Which will now become a thing. Since a number of players at this point of the season (or this point in their careers) are hurt. 

It will continue on until too many teams are doing it. Then the owners (league) will either do something about it (To show they seriously need the financial protection of a salary cap.) or causally ignore it with the players unspoken approval.

I would guess they do the latter until at least the financial affects of covid  have played out. Too many owners can't compete on a level playing field. A bunch of billionaire one trick ponies and sports management isn't their trick. 

It's something they plan to discuss at the GM meetings coming up with one possible solution being that the team you ice on a given night in the playoffs has to be under the cap. The big issue here is that VGK is in danger of missing the playoffs this year. That would be a bummer, eh?

6 hours ago, arch stanton said:

It's something they plan to discuss at the GM meetings coming up with one possible solution being that the team you ice on a given night in the playoffs has to be under the cap. The big issue here is that VGK is in danger of missing the playoffs this year. That would be a bummer, eh?

It's amazing how a team can become expansion darlings, to hated by other fanbases so quickly.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@arch stanton  Thoughts?  Because that's the Manson I expect, and I've hated when he's on the Ducks.

The Sky Is Not Falling; Josh Manson Struggles Continue

Perhaps people had the wrong idea about Manson. He's been little more than a placeholder in Anaheim for the last several seasons. His addition to the 'Avs roster definitely adds a bit of edge but it also adds power plays opportunities for the opponents and a slew of bad decision making.

The last several games have been experimenting with lines and D pairings and letting the new guys feel themselves. Once the playoffs start he’ll pair with Girard and settle into a stay at home guy. His skills at denying zone entry and winning board battles will make him useful and the penalties will be called less frequently. 

Bottom line is I don’t think anyone has seen the playoff Avs and I think they’ll surprise people 

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Will the Coyotes sell out one game in their 5,100 seat venue next season?

Last-Place Coyotes to Triple Single-Game Ticket Prices

They're selling the future ( Because what else does Arizona have to offer). If you want to be a season ticket holder (with the best seats) when the new stadium opens, pay up. They'll do well enough with season seat sells that it could be close to sold out for the season. Or, at least, it should be.

I can see that the Eichel trade is a big part of their problem but I lay that on McCrimmon and McPhee. My personal theory is that they planned to trade the $5 mil contracts of Dadanov and Smith to balance this out but Smith got hurt and they pulled some bullshit with Dadanov that blew up in their faces and left them scrambling. Add in that Stone should have been shut down for the year and this is where you end up. 

Now add in the additional bullshit with Lehner and they've screwed themselves. 

On 4/27/2022 at 10:23 PM, gotbeer said:

Stars clinch.  Vegas out.  95% of hockey fans rejoice.  Sorry VHF.  

This season is pretty easy to summarize. According to NHL Network, the Knights lost over 500 games of combined play due to injuries. That is an average of more than six players - per game. I recall one road trip when nine players were out. We still had a shot at a playoff spot with two games remaining, in a season in which sometimes even fielding a team was an issue.

I was at the final home game against San Jose. By the third period, the team looked totally spent.

If ever a team needed a full off-season to unwind and reset, it is this one. I prefer this ending to making the playoffs and getting swept in the first series, which was the likely outcome had we gotten in.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan