• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to face the truth: this is not a good team

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

And all companies have their nits btw.  But the good ones can actually identify their strengths and weaknesses pretty readily.  The Angels haven't had conventional leadership since Arte took over and that can work in some situations if the right people are empowered.  If it's the wrong ones then who rule the roost then you're in deep caca.  

As long as the advertising guy owns the team, this unfortunately figures to stay the same.

He won’t see any more 3,000,000 attendance figures in the future though, at this rate.

9 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

You realize this joke is as old as Stradling's fanny pack? I said "magical" about a month ago, and a few of you keep going on about it. 

Things can be magical until they are suddenly no longer magical.

F0F99B2E-E9BF-41F6-81D5-3529CC269CA3.jpeg

14 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

The sad part is that you needed to see this play out for 2 months to come to this conclusion.

The sad part is that you think that when a broken clock tells the correct time, it knows something that no one else does when, in fact, it is just broken and will always say the same thing, no matter what.

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

a couple of proper moves and the dynamic changes.  but that doesn't feel imminent.  

Three good starting pitchers to go with Ohtani and Sandoval, 2 or 3 good relievers, some better coaches, a decent manager, and a new owner.

That's my prescription for better days ahead.

18 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Spy In The Wild Monkey GIF by CuriosityStream

I bitched about it at length in the "Pause and Acknowledge" thread, so I'll try to be brief and summarize in bullet points:

• 7th year in a row of mediocrity
  • We haven't won 90 games or made the playoffs since 2014
  • Poor results despite having a top 10 payroll, year after year, #5 this year
  • Farm system has some upside, but isn't deep and is weaker than I thought six months ago (I mean, look at those rosters!)
  • No clear or easy fixes to be made

I could go on. The bottom line is that this is a mediocre at best, and could actually be a truly bad team. And it isn't like we have a farm system brimming with talent. In a best-case scenario, we're probably 2-3 years away from being good, and that's only if the Angels make far more good than bad moves, and history tells us that's unlikely. Meaning, we're continuing to tread water and the horizon is as far away as its been for the last few years.

Feel free to try to convince me otherwise, but I've been mostly playing an optimist for years and it is finally growing thin. If the place we want to get to is a perennial contending, 90+ win team, it is really hard to see how to get there from here, without putting on the rosy glasses.

I suppose the one ray of hope is, well, hope springs eternal. Why? Because baseball is a funny game, and things can change quickly. But, for now, this kind of sucks.

This team has

1. Trout the best player in baseball 

2.  Rendon one of the best 3rd baseman in baseball and potential MVP caliber player

3. Ohtani who is playing as an MVP candidate 

4. Walsh who is arguably been playing better than all three 

Granted we have had injuries.  However it should be an embarrassment that a team with that much talent is this bad.  It's this bad because our bull pen sucks.  Our manager refuses to let his starters go more than 6 innings and frequently pulls before finishing 5 innings.  

Edited by stormngt

It's hard to imagine a team with Trout, Ohtani, Walsh and Rendon being below .500, but somehow the Angels have pulled it off, AND THEN SOME. 

It's pretty incredible if you think about it. Collectively, those guys should be worth like 25 WAR by the end of the year, and yet somehow, they're looking like they'll be at least 10 games under .500 by the end of the season. 

The level of suck from Suzuki, Butera, Iglesias, Upton, Pujols, Quintana, Heaney, Canning and the entire bullpen is truly mind-boggling. 

14 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Spy In The Wild Monkey GIF by CuriosityStream

I bitched about it at length in the "Pause and Acknowledge" thread, so I'll try to be brief and summarize in bullet points:

• 7th year in a row of mediocrity
  • We haven't won 90 games or made the playoffs since 2014
  • Poor results despite having a top 10 payroll, year after year, #5 this year
  • Farm system has some upside, but isn't deep and is weaker than I thought six months ago (I mean, look at those rosters!)
  • No clear or easy fixes to be made

I could go on. The bottom line is that this is a mediocre at best, and could actually be a truly bad team. And it isn't like we have a farm system brimming with talent. In a best-case scenario, we're probably 2-3 years away from being good, and that's only if the Angels make far more good than bad moves, and history tells us that's unlikely. Meaning, we're continuing to tread water and the horizon is as far away as its been for the last few years.

Feel free to try to convince me otherwise, but I've been mostly playing an optimist for years and it is finally growing thin. If the place we want to get to is a perennial contending, 90+ win team, it is really hard to see how to get there from here, without putting on the rosy glasses.

I suppose the one ray of hope is, well, hope springs eternal. Why? Because baseball is a funny game, and things can change quickly. But, for now, this kind of sucks.

How do Angels get good in 2 or 3 years? What's the plan? Minasian said we were on the cusp of winning of what a high draft pick?  I pissed off at losing year after year. Let's get halo baseball writers interview and interview Minasian or Moreno now. Ask some hard questions. Where do Angels go from here? Jeff Fletcher ask some questions, Minasian and Moreno as upset about losing as Angel fans? WHAT's NEXT,Rodger Lodge lifetime halo honk ask some hard question of these 2? Rodger  do not have people honk their horn 3 times while driving it's dangerous. Artie put suggestion box where people can help because last 6 years have been really bad.

18 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

How do Angels get good in 2 or 3 years? What's the plan? Minasian said we were on the cusp of winning of what a high draft pick?  I pissed off at losing year after year. Let's get halo baseball writers interview and interview Minasian or Moreno now. Ask some hard questions. Where do Angels go from here? Jeff Fletcher ask some questions, Minasian and Moreno as upset about losing as Angel fans? WHAT's NEXT,Rodger Lodge lifetime halo honk ask some hard question of these 2? Rodger  do not have people honk their horn 3 times while driving it's dangerous. Artie put suggestion box where people can help because last 6 years have been really bad.

Awesome.