• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to face the truth: this is not a good team

4 hours ago, ukyah said:

that's a bullshit comment to what is one of his few reasonable posts.

fans have every right to expect some answers from the organization that happily takes their money.

What he wants he isn’t going to get.  The team isn’t going to lay out it’s plan to the fan base.  They aren’t going to tell us their draft strategy or who they are targeting in a trade or if they are looking to make a trade and they aren’t going to tell us their free agent plans.  They aren’t going to tell us they are buyers or sellers. They aren’t going to tell us anything other than the typical, “we believe in our guys” or “we haven’t played up to expectations” or “we have to improve and that needs to happen internally or we might have to go outside the organization to find help” and then Minasian will take some blame in a show of humility.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

What he wants he isn’t going to get.  The team isn’t going to lay out it’s plan to the fan base.  They aren’t going to tell us their draft strategy or who they are targeting in a trade or if they are looking to make a trade and they aren’t going to tell us their free agent plans.  They aren’t going to tell us they are buyers or sellers. They aren’t going to tell us anything other than the typical, “we believe in our guys” or “we haven’t played up to expectations” or “we have to improve and that needs to happen internally or we might have to go outside the organization to find help” and then Minasian will take some blame in a show of humility.  

You are right Minasian will not tell us about his plans. It has always been that way about trades and FA. The off season is few months away but trade deadline not far off. With 4 starters becoming FA and most of bullpen by seasons end. Unless Angels find a way like Tampa and win 11 in a row Angels will be sellers. Minasian will answer questions about Adell and give a vote of confidence to Maddon and staff. Angel plans will not be known until this off season. 2022 looks bleak with  so many pitchers needed. Angels are not on the cusp of winning but maybe 3 or 4 years away. I'm just a frustrated halo fan that's sick of losing with nothing looking different going forward. 

@Jeff Fletcher not sure if you're crowd-sourcing questions, but there's mine: 

About a year ago, it was reported that the Angels were aggressively furloughing employees in Baseball Operations, more so than other teams.  Have the Angels struggled to staff back up, and as you staff back up are you (Perry) changing the structure of the Angels staffing, particularly in analytics and scouting?

1 hour ago, Capital_Dave said:

@Jeff Fletcher not sure if you're crowd-sourcing questions, but there's mine: 

About a year ago, it was reported that the Angels were aggressively furloughing employees in Baseball Operations, more so than other teams.  Have the Angels struggled to staff back up, and as you staff back up are you (Perry) changing the structure of the Angels staffing, particularly in analytics and scouting?

Great question.  I know the front office is much bigger than it once was, and if it isn’t then at least the names brought in have more cache than the ones they replaced.  It was brought to my attention that it is entirely possible that these guys were brought in so they didn’t have to have as many scouts, which blows my mind.  It would be awesome to hear these questions answered honestly.  But my guess is it will just be another non answer.  

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

You are right Minasian will not tell us about his plans. It has always been that way about trades and FA. The off season is few months away but trade deadline not far off. With 4 starters becoming FA and most of bullpen by seasons end. Unless Angels find a way like Tampa and win 11 in a row Angels will be sellers. Minasian will answer questions about Adell and give a vote of confidence to Maddon and staff. Angel plans will not be known until this off season. 2022 looks bleak with  so many pitchers needed. Angels are not on the cusp of winning but maybe 3 or 4 years away. I'm just a frustrated halo fan that's sick of losing with nothing looking different going forward. 

If true that we are 3 or 4 years away, them it really is true the team wasted Mike Trouts talent. 

All this time I thought it was trolls who kept saying it.  

While you're right @Stradling, that Minasian won't be forthcoming and will likely only give all the rote answers ("We're disappointed in our start, but hopeful we can start playing better, yada yada yada"), I've got to agree with @ukyah: The fans are the customers, and just like you in your position at In N Out care (or should care) about how the customers feel, so too should the Angels brass care about their customer base. Likewise, if a customer isn't pleased with the product they shouldn't support said business.

There are exceptions, of course. Let's say your local mom and pop is struggling and is always out of everything. It is a good thing to support them through hard times so they don't go under, because the last thing we need is yet another small business being destroyed by big corporations (no offense). But the Angels aren't going through lean times. They've made poor decision after poor decision, and the players aren't performing. So it is fully reasonable for fans to ask, "WTF?" 

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

While you're right @Stradling, that Minasian won't be forthcoming and will likely only give all the rote answers ("We're disappointed in our start, but hopeful we can start playing better, yada yada yada"), I've got to agree with @ukyah: The fans are the customers, and just like you in your position at In N Out care (or should care) about how the customers feel, so too should the Angels brass care about their customer base. Likewise, if a customer isn't pleased with the product they shouldn't support said business.

There are exceptions, of course. Let's say your local mom and pop is struggling and is always out of everything. It is a good thing to support them through hard times so they don't go under, because the last thing we need is yet another small business being destroyed by big corporations (no offense). But the Angels aren't going through lean times. They've made poor decision after poor decision, and the players aren't performing. So it is fully reasonable for fans to ask, "WTF?" 

I get it. Yes we want to know what our customers think.  But if the Angels want to know how we feel there are ample ways for them to find or solicit the information.  It takes 30 seconds of reading Twitter to know how the common fan feels.  What they won’t do is hold a question and answer and give real answers.