• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/albert-pujols-shocked-by-angels-release-denies-bench-player-claims-los-angeles-dodgers-joe-maddon-234540766.html

“I think there’s a lot of things out there saying, ‘Oh, you wanted more playing time, you wanted to play every day,’” Pujols said, via The Associated Press. “That never came out of my mouth.”

“My goal the last two years was never to try to be an everyday first baseman. I told you guys in spring training, whatever role they have for me, I’m going to go with. I understand they made that decision as an organization, a business decision, and no hard feelings. I understand that.”

Both could be true, really. 

Angels could have simply decided Albert sucked, told him they were reducing his playing time. 
Albert insisted he had more in the tank and a release was discussed to allow him to find more playing time. 

Neither side 100% at fault, neither side taking an absolute stance, i.e., "I am a full-time player" or "We are releasing you because you refused"...

Angels manager Joe Maddon took the high road after the provocative version of events offered by Pujols.

“I really don’t have (a response),” Maddon said before the last-place Angels hosted Cleveland. “Semantics are semantics. I wish Albert nothing but the best. It’s great that he gets to go to work down the road from where he played, so there isn’t any transition for him or his family. I wasn’t actually in the room (with Pujols and Carpino). It doesn’t matter at this point. I’m not here to lament anything in the past.”

31 minutes ago, Jay said:

Angels manager Joe Maddon took the high road after the provocative version of events offered by Pujols.

“I really don’t have (a response),” Maddon said before the last-place Angels hosted Cleveland. “Semantics are semantics. I wish Albert nothing but the best. It’s great that he gets to go to work down the road from where he played, so there isn’t any transition for him or his family. I wasn’t actually in the room (with Pujols and Carpino). It doesn’t matter at this point. I’m not here to lament anything in the past.”

Damn. ice cold (in a subtle way). That response makes me like Maddon more.

42 minutes ago, Jay said:

Whatever...

What really sucks about this and all the things the Angels make news about that occur off the field rather than on it, is how the organization is viewed.  Some organizations get labeled as "well run organizations" while the Angels get labeled as a "cluster f..."

These things are out of our control as fans, but it's a little tiresome just the same.  I would just like to see the Angels making more headlines for their play on the field. 

Looking forward to the game tonight.  Hoping they continue to win some more games because winning takes the focus off this other crap.

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

411 days. 

That's when his personal services contract starts! They will probably start him out in right field but knowing him it won't take long until he is bringing people nacho helmets in the Diamond Club. 

Edited by st1ckboy