• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

The ONLY reason any team would pick him up would be to put butt's in the seats. His elderly, drunk friend in CHI doesn't want him. The ONLY team he made his HOF career with doesn't want him. The team that owes him $ doesn't want him. 

In the words of the great Vince Neil, 'girl, don't go away mad. girl, just go away.'

7 hours ago, meat said:

The ONLY reason any team would pick him up would be to put butt's in the seats.

He didn't put butts in the seats here.

After 10 years, I still don't understand this erroneous line of thinking.

Only in St Louis is that decrepit old hag going to cause one person to purchase a ticket.

12 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

FWIW, I hope AP gets the opportunity he wants and reaches whatever goals he has left....but, with the emergence of Walsh he served no purpose here, none.  So, while it sucks it ended how it did, it really was for the best.

In a perfect world both sides come out of it better off.

I agree. Honestly it felt like this season especially. He didn't seem to give a damn if we're winning or losing. He constantly looked really frustrated at how bad HIS game was. He's only out for personal glory at this point in his career. Hopefully he finds a team that will give it to him.

10 hours ago, yk9001 said:

In what world did it sucks how it ended?

The world where at least two HOF players, several current all star players, a significant number of the talking heads in the media, and fans everywhere to to social outlets and messages boards to deride the Angels for doing nothing other than FINALLY acting in the best interest of the team ... that world. Pretty sure it could have been avoided but here we are... 

Not sure what you think I meant... but I have zero sympathy for AP he's getting his 240 mil and still going into the HOF.  I think it's a load of horseshit that a great deal of people who have been actively chiding the team for continuing to play AP would turn around and fault them for actually cutting bait when all the excuses for keeping him around no longer existed.  

28 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The world where at least two HOF players, several current all star players, a significant number of the talking heads in the media, and fans everywhere to to social outlets and messages boards to deride the Angels for doing nothing other than FINALLY acting in the best interest of the team ... that world. Pretty sure it could have been avoided but here we are... 

I can't keep track of all the teams coming forward to sign Albert and show him the respect all of the angry people thinks he is entitled to. 

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

You and I have a lot in common.  We should hang out sometime. My calendar is free this weekend. 

can't. going to disneyland on sunday.

of course, you're always welcome to join me/us for online church on saturday, too.