• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rays (5-4-2021)

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need the bottom half of the line-up to show up tonight, otherwise that batting order falls off a cliff after Walsh. Having said that, the top half is good enough to put the game away early so here's hoping we get good Cobb and the winning streak starts now! (It's got to start soon, hasn't it?)

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Pujols shouldn't be in the lineup after the shit he pulled last night. I blame him just as much as Quintana for that loss.

Yeah man, I'm still bitter after Saturday night's blowout win in Seattle for not picking any of those two Iglesias throws to 1B. While I know part of the blame and hell maybe even most of the blame goes to Jose's short throws... Pujols should have picked those in the dirt. Then last night's baserunning blunder. Gah, this guy gets on my nerves. 

17 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Pujols shouldn't be in the lineup after the shit he pulled last night. I blame him just as much as Quintana for that loss.

P

We were 7-3 when Pujols was being a partime player.  Never thought the injury to Fowler would hurt the team so much.  I really thought Ward would be brought up.

Albert cannot possibly be marginally better than Ward or Thaiss at this point. Since they can actually improve at this point in their career and Albert cannot, there's no reason why Ward shouldn't be in RF with Walsh at 1B or Thaiss at 1B with Walsh in RF. 

Albert needs to be a bench bat and clubhouse leader, that's it. 

Edited by Second Base

May The Fourth Be With You GIF by Star Wars

I get that people still feel the need to get mad and frustrated and whatever other word you want to use to describe it but we all have known for years that the Angels need to win in spite of Pujols presence. His last year is no different. 30 million and a 1st ballot HOFer mean he is going to play unless he is injured. All we can hope for is that Maddon/Arte don't play Pujols in a one game playoff. That's what I am looking forward to. The Angels winning in spite of Pujols hitting, fielding and base running and Pujols not playing in extremely important games/one game playoff/playoffs. Other than that, try to just accept it and keep telling yourself that this is his last year. Or if that doesn't work for you and you need to constantly mention Pujols

original.gif

The problem is not only is Pujols a negative in the lineup and on the field, he’s blocking other players from developing. All this time that Maddon is giving him starts for that one HR per week, Ward or Thaiss could be getting playing time to acclimate to the majors and give the Angels a chance to see what sort of chops they have. At worst they won’t be worse than Pujols, but they could be significantly better.

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

The problem is not only is Pujols a negative in the lineup and on the field, he’s blocking other players from developing. All this time that Maddon is giving him starts for that one HR per week, Ward or Thaiss could be getting playing time to acclimate to the majors and give the Angels a chance to see what sort of chops they have. At worst they won’t be worse than Pujols, but they could be significantly better.

Please don't misunderstand me. I agree with all of that. 100%. I am just trying to explain why Pujols is playing is all. If Pujols was making 3 million and was not a HOFer, he wouldn't be playing. Every home run or hit Pujols does is more and more history and I think Arte loves that and doesn't want 30 million sitting on the bench. I don't agree with it but that has got to be the reason. If the reason is only that the ORG doesn't think they have anyone else better than Pujols to play 1st instead, we are in a whole lot of trouble. I am leaning towards the money/HOF thing though.

9 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Please don't misunderstand me. I agree with all of that. 100%. I am just trying to explain why Pujols is playing is all. If Pujols was making 3 million and was not a HOFer, he wouldn't be playing. Every home run or hit Pujols does is more and more history and I think Arte loves that and doesn't want 30 million sitting on the bench. I don't agree with it but that has got to be the reason. If the reason is only that the ORG doesn't think they have anyone else better than Pujols to play 1st instead, we are in a whole lot of trouble. I am leaning towards the money/HOF thing though.

Right, but what gets me is him playing full time. I mean, he’s played in 23 of 27 games, starting 21 of them. That’s a pace of 138 games played, 126 starts. I was really hoping we’d see closer to half that.

On the other hand, it could be worse. Miggy is just as bad (even worse so far this year) and still has another two years guaranteed after this one.