• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

if Ohtani keeps this up

6 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Pauley Shore was never funny.

Very true, however, like Rob Schneider, he was so unfunny that the act of watching his movies became funny. 

Or at least that's what I told myself in the days before mainstream internet.

30 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

@Tank is kind of a movie snob

If you ever call me and I say to you “hey, can I call you back? I’m watching a Pauline Shore movie right now and it’s hilarious”, that’s my signal to you that I’m being held captive or there’s a home invasion robbery going on in my house and you need to call 9-1-1 immediately.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Can Ohtani go 30/30?

21 minutes ago, Justin said:

Homers and stolen bases? Probably.

Homers and wins? Probably not. 

Yeah I doubt he ever comes that close to steals. The Angels aren't big on SBs and no way they are going to risk him getting injured by doing that very often 

I think if Ohtani goes 30/30 and has a solid year pitching - he'll have to given some serious consideration for MVP.  Of course, if Trout continues on the pace he's current at - it probably won't matter what Ohtani does, but it makes for an interesting scenario.

Edited by True Grich

24 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

If you're interested in Angels baseball the broadcasts are available on multiple media platforms. You should give them a watch

Yeah, I have Dish Network but I haven't been motivated enough to switch to Direct TV so I guess I wait until it's aired on channel 13. 

9 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

It wouldn't even be fair to opposing pitchers if Trout decides to steal a lot of bases again. Trout has become like Mantle (great speed but doesn't want to steal bases). 

Do you think it's him that doesn't want to or the team being afraid he'll get hurt. If I'm not mistaken, I think he's been hurt twice in his career stealing bases

13 minutes ago, Toby Flenderson said:

Do you think it's him that doesn't want to or the team being afraid he'll get hurt. If I'm not mistaken, I think he's been hurt twice in his career stealing bases

I'm guessing it's a little of both.  I want him to steal bases for selfish reasons... but if not stealing bases keeps him off the IL, I'm fine with him not.

19 minutes ago, Toby Flenderson said:

I think it's more because of the team than Trout. It's just stupid and soft, in my opinion. Just because he had one fluky injury trying to steal a base in 2017 doesn't mean that you should stop letting him steal bases. He did stole 24 bases the season after he got hurt trying to steal a base against the Marlins. That leads me to believe that it's more because of the team. 

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I'm guessing it's a little of both.  I want him to steal bases for selfish reasons... but if not stealing bases keeps him off the IL, I'm fine with him not.

Yeah that's kind of how I see it too. Not much love is given to SB numbers like in years past so Trout will not be judged negatively for not having many. 

If I remember correctly, Ohtani said he wanted to be the best player in baseball.  He's heading in the right direction... IMO, he's more exciting than Acuna, Soto, Tatits, etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing him pitch tonight. I love the idea that you just never know what amazing thing he's going to do next.

I believe, Ohtani steals bases by going into the bag feet first... Trout goes in head first.  I think the risk of injury appears greater going in head first.  I'm happy to see Trout not trying to steal bases.