• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

if Ohtani keeps this up

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

I believe, Ohtani steals bases by going into the bag feet first... Trout goes in head first.  I think the risk of injury appears greater going in head first.  I'm happy to see Trout not trying to steal bases.

trout seems to be hitting okay  . . . so far . . .

38 minutes ago, Tank said:

trout seems to be hitting okay  . . . so far . . .

Tank with the spot on insight. Well done, sir.  Well done.

Tosser.

@Lou, can you work your magic and look up the threads when we first signed ohtani, and that first spring training?

I know when we first signed him, lots on here were excited, and I couldnt care less. Didnt think he was going to be anywhere near the hype. "More power than matsui, more speed than ichiro". Forgot what pitcher he was supposed to be. 

I didnt freak out his first spring though either, just because I wasnt excited anyway for him.

He cane out of nowhere and set the baseball world on fire. Eppler absolutely nailed that one.

And I know dipoto was PISSED....

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

@Lou, can you work your magic and look up the threads when we first signed ohtani, and that first spring training?

I know when we first signed him, lots on here were excited, and I couldnt care less. Didnt think he was going to be anywhere near the hype. "More power than matsui, more speed than ichiro". Forgot what pitcher he was supposed to be. 

I didnt freak out his first spring though either, just because I wasnt excited anyway for him.

He cane out of nowhere and set the baseball world on fire. Eppler absolutely nailed that one.

And I know dipoto was PISSED....

You started strong, then somehow lost your way...

On 12/8/2017 at 11:42 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im not even sure what to expect, but as a folllower, im fucking stoked

On 12/8/2017 at 12:01 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Now i really hope the rumors were true, and ohtanis agent was playing one team against the other.

Dipo'doh!

On 12/8/2017 at 5:11 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im still in wait and see mode. I really have a hard time thinking he'll be able to hit MLB pitching off the bat (no pun intended), especially part time. And we still dont know how good of a pitcher he will be.

To me, genius of it is the low risk. If he is at best a #3 pitcher, were still paying him less than that. There is ZERO downside here, a ton of upside, and worst case scenario doesnt hurt us.

Good job front office...

On 12/10/2017 at 2:49 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

I nust spent the last 20 mins or so reading scouting articles on him. Pitching wise, sounds like there is a lot to be excited about.

The bat is up for debate....i wonder if he struggles, how long does the 2 way player thing last? If he doesnt hit anything special, but still "demands" to hit, it creates a roster problem, IMO. 

On 12/10/2017 at 3:12 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im sure for 2018, hes "the" DH. But I wonder if he doesnt hit enough, if that changes at all.