• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Absolutely Disgusting in Every Phase

if you can't keep your shit together man, then how do you expect anyone to take you seriously, much less listen to you? i know changes need to be made, and i voice that. i don't need some dude losing his shit and calling me names because i'm not freaking out and acting like a bitchass.

everything is real bad now for the angels, it'll probably get worse before it gets better. you're powerless to affect it. so chill or take a walk outside and clear your head.

Listening to the Boston Red Sox announcers during todays game they flat out said this team is not Scioscia's team. This came up as a side discussion when they were talking to Jim Rice about a texting poll about what he would prefer; a team with the best pitching or hitting. Rice was all for hitting and moments later Boston got another hit and the announcers said right now Scioscia is probably texting he wants pitching.

This team is not designed around pitching and defense. The pitching staff is one of the worst in the majors, the defense is sub standard and the offense was built around waiting for the big hit instead of manufacturing runs and taking advantage of scoring opportunities through higher risk play like base stealing, hit and run, squeeze plays and situational hitting.

Essentially they were saying the Angels were not a team that was the right fit for Scioscia's brand of play but wouldn't play any better under anyone else. They had a lot of respect for Scioscia and his style of play but recognized he had a white elephant team to manage through the rest of the year.

Being outside of California, most of the outside coverage says the same thing.  Pitching and defense were boring though.  Big names are fun and generate buzz.  Mike Scioscia will go somewhere, be allowed to manage to win and not make headlines and do well.  

We clearly need more bats.

I hope Scioscia is flying commercial on the way back home, and he is s-canned before the trip is over.

It is comical that people are worried Scioscia is going to go to another team, and that team is going to win the world series.

The hallmark of Scioscia-managed teams the last few years are brain-dead baserunning and bad defense, mixed with bunting.  That doesn't win World Serieses.

Hey HM, your superfan comment I am assuming is about me. Sorry I am not miserable watching the team and only focus on the obvious holes this team has. I call it perspective, you call it superfan. If I rubbed anyone the wrong way with my 90's comment, sorry. I just remember that decade being so miserable that it would make this look like a decent season. I completely understand being upset because of expectations but this stuff happens all the time in baseball, why should the Angels be any different. By the way, in my rant about his post, I mentioned that I would replace Scioscia at the end of the season. I also said I thought this team was really bad, I am not sure how that makes me a super fan, but whatever.

Stating the 90s were worse is not superfan BS..   Stating there were fewer fans then is not Superfan BS.  But stating both those comments apparently does threaten some people.   The reality is you were right, if people think this is bad, they would have jumped out of buildings then, the difference is they weren't expected to win so when they didn't, nobody much cared.  Angels fans today have a different set of expectations, and with it come a different perspective... look no further than the love for Disar and the hate for Howie..   I personally don't blame anyone for being bent, although I disagree with the cause and course of action needed.

Really, neither side is wrong but, there is a lot more knee-jerk stuff these days than in that past..   Homebrewer to his credit just plain hates Scioscia and sees him as the crux of all things bad in Angel-land, Drinking or not, he wasn't reacting...he's been pretty consistent with his criticisms and beliefs.  

I never liked Terry Collins, even when the team did well, so nothing I'm saying is meant as a slight to you Homebrewer.

Until ownership or the FO grabs some axes and pitchforks, I guess it falls to us to show a little anger.

Nobody that watched that game today should be shrugging their shoulders or turning pages.

That was a putrid steaming pile of an embarrassment that there is no excuse for.

Problem for me is I think the FO/ownership is far more responsible for the steaming pile of embarrassment than the manager (Why Hamilton again?).  That's not to say that I don't think the team could benefit from moving someone else into the managers seat.

My sincere desire is that the people who are actually making the decisions are looking at this roster, and where they want to be in 5 years and get the people in place that will get them there.   Whether or not Scioscia is a part of that...  meh...

By the way, you have no idea how happy I am that AngelsWin wasn't around in the 90's, then again, most of you weren't fans back in the 90's.

i fit that category- first angel game was ST 2001 and have been folowwing since - as a newer fan in some ways this whole season is a way for me to earn some suffering points- ha! when this team turns things around and starts winning (maybe next year or something like that ) i can say "i remember 2013 "

This team looks like it is trying to push out the mother of all bowel movements while suffering from constipation.

To improve the Angels, I think that Blanton should continue pitching, Hamilton should get as many at bats as possible, blindfolds for all runners and a disabled parking tag for Pujols (moves the batters box closer to first).

Best post in thread.

The hallmark of Scioscia-managed teams the last few years are brain-dead baserunning and bad defense, mixed with bunting.  That doesn't win World Serieses.

And the hallmark of Angels fans commentary consistently false statements.  Angels led MLB in defensive efficiency last year -- they were 4th the year before that.   This year, they cant play defense to save their lives ...  Mark Trumbo makes routine plays at 1st base look extremely difficult.  Possibly the worst fielding player in Anaheim since Chili Davis.