• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Absolutely Disgusting in Every Phase

It was interesting to hear Terry and Mark talking about the Red Sox during today's game, how they played with energy and enthusiasm, how Pedroia was their leader and played like one, etc.

You'll never hear talk like that about this year's Angels' team.

They also had to fire a couple of managers to get the players to step up and produce.

Don't hear much talk about THAT around Halo-land this year either.

Jesus Christ, over-react much? Crash and burn for four straight years? Sure this will be the fourth season in a row they miss the playoffs but crash and burn? This might be the first season of those four and of Arte's ownership where the team will finish under .500. If this season is lost, which I believe it is, why should he fire Scioscia now? Why not wait until the offseason, and only make one hire, instead of hiring an interm then the permanent one after the season? Not to mention, Scioscia is a tradeable asset, like it or not. Why not trade him, or hell even reassign him to the front office, which would basically force his hand to quit, thus saving Arte about $30 million. This team has performed horribly, so much worse than I ever thought possible. That being said the major league team (the minors will take years to fix) has the pieces to compete next year, with the right additions and with health. My guess is the next manager, which will be managing opening day next year, will be a lot more focused on taking pitches and being smart on the base paths. The only player on the team that has never shown the ability to be a smart base runner is Aybar. This team will have a completely different philosophy with its next manager.

Would it be inappropriate for me to call all you guys dumbasses when Scioscia wins a WS for the Dogs?????

Would it be inappropriate for me to call all you guys dumbasses when Scioscia wins a WS for the Dogs?????

What a silly assumption and yes it would be inappropriate. The Angels should be worried about their own organization and what their current manager does, not the possibility that said manager might lead another team to a title.

Hey HM, your superfan comment I am assuming is about me. Sorry I am not miserable watching the team and only focus on the obvious holes this team has. I call it perspective, you call it superfan. If I rubbed anyone the wrong way with my 90's comment, sorry. I just remember that decade being so miserable that it would make this look like a decent season. I completely understand being upset because of expectations but this stuff happens all the time in baseball, why should the Angels be any different. By the way, in my rant about his post, I mentioned that I would replace Scioscia at the end of the season. I also said I thought this team was really bad, I am not sure how that makes me a super fan, but whatever.

I was a fan back in the 1990's. I remember those horrible years. This one reminds me of the 1999 season where both the Angels and Dodgers sucked terribly.  Good news, is that it only took 3 years to right the ship.  Hopefully it will take less time this go around.

Hey HM, your superfan comment I am assuming is about me. Sorry I am not miserable watching the team and only focus on the obvious holes this team has. I call it perspective, you call it superfan. If I rubbed anyone the wrong way with my 90's comment, sorry. I just remember that decade being so miserable that it would make this look like a decent season. I completely understand being upset because of expectations but this stuff happens all the time in baseball, why should the Angels be any different. By the way, in my rant about his post, I mentioned that I would replace Scioscia at the end of the season. I also said I thought this team was really bad, I am not sure how that makes me a super fan, but whatever.

Stradling...props to you...but you shouldn't have to defend yourself like this. Shitty seasons being out the fails in full force and with it some of the most sensitive posters on earth. It's as if most fans are punch drunk right now looking for anything and anyone to argh about...if the season is over as many on here believe...quit bitching about the inevitable and believe in a future where the Angels make the playoffs again.

I'm not sure why you are quoting me. You and I are probably on the same page when it comes to the Big Catorce. I don't think Mike is a bad manager, I just think his teams are undisciplined. I do think it is funny though that people say that the Angels aren't put together in Mike's image, that he doesn't have the pieces to compliment his style. I have two things to say to that. First, how is this team, as constructed on paper that much different than the team he won it all with in 2002, besides the bullpen? Believe it or not this starting staff is probably better than 2002. The team lacks the clutch players that team had, but on paper this team should rival that team offensively. Also this team on paper should be equally as good on defense, minus perhaps Molina vs Ianetta. One thing 2002 had was healthy players that could go first to third, but other than Pujols, everyone on this team is capable of doing that.

Secondly, how does Mike win with the way the Dodgers are currently constructed. They have an under-performing $20 Million Centerfielder (sounds like Pujols) and an under-performing $16 million right fielder (sounds like Hamilton). They have an awful defensive team. That team has pitching but it isn't as good as Atlanta's pitching, or Arizona's or the Giants. I do think that Mike is better suited for the NL, but him winning with the Dodgers is far from a guarantee.

Most fans are concerned. Does that mean we need to grab pitchforks to share our disgust?

Until ownership or the FO grabs some axes and pitchforks, I guess it falls to us to show a little anger.

Nobody that watched that game today should be shrugging their shoulders or turning pages.

That was a putrid steaming pile of an embarrassment that there is no excuse for.

It's easy to talk about how miserable things were in the 90's.'02-09 was a good 8 eight year run, but now it's been three straight (probably four) of no playoffs and things are getting progressively worse. I think any talk of how bad things were back in the day are quickly being negated by how bad things are now. 

Hey guys, I just finished talking with some people I know in the front office, who requested anonymity.  They said they were content to ride this season out with what we had and make changes after the year was over, but then they read this thread and realized something, anything, needed to be done and done now.  I can't say what, but expect big changes soon.  And pat yourselves on the back, your thread got it done.  

Until ownership or the FO grabs some axes and pitchforks, I guess it falls to us to show a little anger.

Nobody that watched that game today should be shrugging their shoulders or turning pages.

That was a putrid steaming pile of an embarrassment that there is no excuse for.

Or there are more important things in life than being visibly upset about a baseball game.

Or there are more important things in life than being visibly upset about a baseball game.

Maybe you need to realize that Angels Baseball is THE topic of discussion in this establishment.

If I want advice from Dr Phil, I am sure he has a message board where I can go to seek mental stability.

I am pissed at the way the Angels are pretending to play baseball.

YOU need to get over that, and go out, somewhere away from your keyboard, and give some mental health advice, face to face, to someone you don't know...

I will be waiting to hear how that works out for you.

Hey guys, I just finished talking with some people I know in the front office, who requested anonymity.  They said they were content to ride this season out with what we had and make changes after the year was over, but then they read this thread and realized something, anything, needed to be done and done now.  I can't say what, but expect big changes soon.  And pat yourselves on the back, your thread got it done.  

Thank you. I knew someone would be listening.

I will be checking the newswires until it shows up.

This team looks like it is trying to push out the mother of all bowel movements while suffering from constipation.

To improve the Angels, I think that Blanton should continue pitching, Hamilton should get as many at bats as possible, blindfolds for all runners and a disabled parking tag for Pujols (moves the batters box closer to first).

AMERICAN LEAGUE ALL-STAR VOTING
(as of June 8)

CATCHER
Joe Mauer, Twins: 1,492,396
Matt Wieters, Orioles: 1,153,795
Carlos Santana, Indians: 723,119
A.J. Pierzynski, Rangers: 697,403
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Red Sox: 509,712

FIRST BASE
Chris Davis, Orioles: 2,084,274
Prince Fielder, Tigers: 1,469,537
Mike Napoli, Red Sox: 552,845
Albert Pujols, Angels: 531,138
Mitch Moreland, Rangers: 513,722

SECOND BASE
Robinson Cano, Yankees: 1,851,371
Dustin Pedroia, Red Sox: 1,106,949
Ian Kinsler, Rangers: 900,950
Omar Infante, Tigers: 621,202
Jose Altuve, Astros: 488,466

THIRD BASE
Miguel Cabrera, Tigers: 2,355,128
Manny Machado, Orioles: 1,170,108
Adrian Beltre, Rangers: 845,540
Evan Longoria, Rays: 657,056
Josh Donaldson, Athletics: 355,693

SHORTSTOP
J.J. Hardy, Orioles: 1,231,843
Elvis Andrus, Rangers: 1,045,885
Jhonny Peralta, Tigers: 915,400
Jed Lowrie, Athletics: 803,972
Derek Jeter, Yankees: 529,234

DESIGNATED HITTER
David Ortiz, Red Sox: 1,716,410
Lance Berkman, Rangers: 957,618
Mark Reynolds, Indians: 622,977
Edwin Encarnacion, Blue Jays: 554,337
Mark Trumbo, Angels: 551,942

OUTFIELD
Adam Jones, Orioles 1,944,450
Mike Trout, Angels 1,939,486
Torii Hunter, Tigers 1,067,973
Nick Markakis, Orioles 1,030,653
Jose Bautista, Blue Jays 1,021,813
Nelson Cruz, Rangers 1,011,198
Nate McLouth, Orioles 918,359
Alex Gordon, Royals 789,488
Jacoby Ellsbury, Red Sox 714,716
Yoenis Cespedes, Athletics 652,702
Coco Crisp, Athletics 643,532
Josh Hamilton, Angels 564,417
Austin Jackson, Tigers 538,178
Shane Victorino, Red Sox 499,413
Ichiro Suzuki, Yankees 477,870

Exactly...the front office has thought about waiting to make moves until they saw homebrewer get completely unhinged and start shaking his virtual fist at them.  Now, it just got real.  My own inside sources told me that Arte has a red phone in his office that lights up whenever someone loses their sh!t on a message board and, let me tell you my friend, it is ringing like crazy now.  Expect sweeping changes...they just needed the match to light the fire.