• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Reds 3/2/21 (5:05PM PST start)

2 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Letting teams end innings early in spring was a phenomenal idea. No longer will there be those late innings with some obscure career MILBer throwing BP for 40 minutes just to try and record 3 outs

This was posted by bloodbrother 2 hours ago.  

Truer words have never been spoken tonight

5 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Yeah - he seemed like a low ceiling / high floor guy - someone the FO could bank on to be a solid SP, but nothing spectacular.

Given the state of our rotation, that's probably what we need now - someone who can rise quickly and fill a spot.  CRod definitely looks more high upside to me.  

Yup. I think for the long term outlook of the team, having a Detmers type of starter is very necessary. As I'm sure you already know, the only two starters they have beyond this year are Ohtani and Canning. Along with Rodriguez, you've got a trio of starters with great upside but little certainty. Not much to anchor a rotation to. I'm sure they'll look to re-up some guys out sign free agents, but you know how well that's gone recently. 

Just now, Second Base said:

Yup. I think for the long term outlook of the team, having a Detmers type of starter is very necessary. As I'm sure you already know, the only two starters they have beyond this year are Ohtani and Canning. Along with Rodriguez, you've got a trio of starters with great upside but little certainty. Not much to anchor a rotation to. I'm sure they'll look to re-up some guys out sign free agents, but you know how well that's gone recently. 

Yep. This team sorely needs some mainstay in the middle who you can count on to give you good innings with good ratios.

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Yeah.  I'd expect at least one of our SPs to be re-signed.  Sometime in 2022, I'd expect to see Ohtani, (re-signed SP), Detmers, CRod, Canning, along with Sandoval and Barria in the mix and likely, another FA SP too.

Should be a good mix of young talent and veterans, and hopefully, a strong overall rotation.  Lots of upside with Ohtani and CRod, and a lot of solid mid-rotation stability in Canning, Detmers, and whichever SP we re-sign (if we do).

I'm curious why I am seeing so many coaches/managers put down their mask when talking. I see with NBA coaches too. They do know that the other person can hear them with the mask on correct? They do know that covid is spread through droplets/spit etc correct? I mean, way less risky outside but I find it odd that they feel the need to take down their mask when talking.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

His pitch and location recognition seems to be non-existent.  Swings 2 feet from where the ball is sometimes.

still has such a long swing path. Not sure how he's gonna do anything vs pitches inside except get jammed consistently. On the flip side, I was very impressed with Jordyn Adam's swing.