• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Reds 3/2/21 (5:05PM PST start)

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

8, apparently.  I didn't even realize that was an option.  I think people are just making up shit at this point and seeing if anyone notices.

If you watched more true crime TV, you'd know why this game is 8 innings.

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Is anyone else at all a bit surprised Marsh hasn't started yet but has only subbed in? Thought for sure he'd start today. Guess that could be the problem with Lagares, Jay, Folwer, Ward, Adell and Schebler looking for playing time.....

It's the 3rd game, so I wouldn't read too much into it yet. My guess is that sooner rather than later there will be a shakeout among some of the names you mentioned, with 1 or 2 of them getting dropped altogether or at least losing playing time.

32 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Is anyone else at all a bit surprised Marsh hasn't started yet but has only subbed in? Thought for sure he'd start today. Guess that could be the problem with Lagares, Jay, Folwer, Ward, Adell and Schebler looking for playing time.....

Not really. Generally ST games start with the veterans and then the younger players sub in for them. The Angels just have a ton of veteran outfielders who ultimately end up getting the start before Marsh: Trout, Upton, Fowler, Jay, Lagares, and Schebler. Plus, Adell is probably ahead of him on the "depth chart" since he played in the majors last season.

In reality, Marsh ends up getting about the same amount of playing time he would if he started because the starters only play 3-4 innings then get subbed out.