• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are you attending MLB games this season?

Erstad Grit

Are you planning on attending MLB games this year?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How many MLB games will you attend this year?

• a handfull
    • less than 20
    • 21-50
    • more than 52
  2. 2. Was your answer more or less than what you would attend in a typical season?

• Less than a normal season
    • Same or more than a normal season

3 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

How does that compare to what you typically would do? 

Since I gave up my season seats in 2015 I haven’t attended more than maybe 10 games in any given year.  What we have done with the extra money that we used to spend on season seats is travel.  I have seen the Angels play in Chicago, Texas and New York a few times.  We had a trip planned for Fenway last year but had to cancel it.

Just now, Stradling said:

Since I gave up my season seats in 2015 I haven’t attended more than maybe 10 games in any given year.  What we have done with the extra money that we used to spend on season seats is travel.  I have seen the Angels play in Chicago, Texas and New York a few times.  We had a trip planned for Fenway last year but had to cancel it.

Nice! Except the canceling part

We've been going to at least 1 new stadium a summer. Last year it was supposed to be to be Twins. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I am waiting to pull the trigger for when they announce whether or not fans can attend 

Bingo.

One year ago - to the week, in fact -  I planned out two vacations: one just me, one with my parents. I spent a little over $1K on baseball tickets, the vast majority of which were for minor league games - all of which were “postponed,” which meant no refund until they were officially cancelled. I did not receive a refund for any of those minor league games until the end of July, and I definitely could have used it sooner, because, like many people, work took a major hit during the pandemic. 

This season, I won’t be buying tickets until I know for sure that I’m going and the game will be played. I certainly won’t get my choice of prime seats, but I can’t afford to lend money to baseball teams (or Ticketmaster) for five months like I did last year. 

i dont attend more than a handful due to distance travel and no longer having family in the area to crash etc... but, my plan for this year is unchanged.  I still plan to attend some when i can turn it into a weekend thing to justify the trip 🙂
I will follow whatever guidelines they give us to get back to something resembling normal. 

Our season seats just rolled over from last year to this year, so I feel like I'm playing with house money.  I plan to attend as many games as possible, as long as we can do so safely.

I have really missed the "in person" aspect of things I used to do.  It's been a real downer, and I can't wait to be able to get back to a slight bit of normalcy.  This would be a great step towards that.

My wife and I also plan on taking our annual Spring Training trip to Tempe near the end of March for our birthdays, and are planning to catch the Angel/Dodger game at Diablo on March 23rd.

I have no reservation about attending events in person, regardless if we have to wear masks.  It's a small sacrifice to get back to normal, IMO.