• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Shohei Ohtani to 2 year, $8.5 million deal, avoiding arbitration

mmc

Just now, Bronson said:

Or you know you could just watch it and find out...

Cmon. Technology has ruined me. I ask alexa if the sun is up instead of looking out the window. And i also ask her what time it is, so i dont have to scroll my eyes up to the top of my phone screen

36 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Remind me. Is this the game where he looked good, and the second inning he fell apart, and had like 8 people reach or something, didnt get an out?

He had two games. First was a disaster. Didn't get an out, iirc. Second was the one Fletcher is referring to. 1-2-3 first inning. Second inning he managed two K's but had 5-6 BB's also before getting pulled. 

32 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

He had two games. First was a disaster. Didn't get an out, iirc. Second was the one Fletcher is referring to. 1-2-3 first inning. Second inning he managed two K's but had 5-6 BB's also before getting pulled. 

He should have had 3 K’s in a row to end the inning. The ump straight fucked him up the ass with that bullshit call.

5 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

There was no suggestion of an injury. He just got into some bad habits and it snowballed. 

The shortened season was tough on a lot of veteran guys that have a great track record of hitting. We saw Rendon get off to a slow start. Upton as well.

It must have been extremely hard on the young guys who are still trying to find their way and are less confident in their approach. I quoted you because you mentioned bad habits. That is what I’m most worried about. Some of these younger guys that picked up bad habits in a shortened season when everyone’s timing was off. Ohtani had similar seasons his first two years and then everything started to go downhill fast. Hopefully Ohtani just leaves last year in the past and with a proper spring training gets back to what made him successful

On 2/11/2021 at 11:50 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

They had him work out at 1B and OF last year so I think that would be their plan. 

What a weird shuffle that would be--Ohtani in RF (like Japan), Adell to left, Marsh to 1st? Adell to 1st, Marsh to center, Trout to left? Ohtani at 1B makes the most sense but it seems like you waste his athleticism at 1B. 

An outfield of Trout or Adell, Marsh, and Ohtani (calm down I'm speculating) would be the most athletic in the majors. 

7 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

An outfield of Trout or Adell, Marsh, and Ohtani (calm down I'm speculating) would be the most athletic in the majors. 

That's great if they're bringing back the Superstars competition.

On 2/8/2021 at 3:00 PM, Capital_Dave said:

This seems pretty team-friendly.  A salary of more than $5.5M seems pretty likely in Arb2.

It's a minor thing, but doesn't making this a two-year deal create an AAV reduction in 2022?  Gives us another million or two in flexibility to come in under the cap...

AAV will be the same for both years. 8.5/2= $4.25M towards luxury tax in 2021 and 2022 for Ohtani...