• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Peter Gammons: Perry Minasian will have authority Billy Eppler did not experience

rafibomb

4 hours ago, rafibomb said:

What a weird proposition - Minasian has been *allowed* to bring on experienced, talented baseball people?

Implying that Eppler could only hire inexperienced, untalented soccer people?  

I feel like the intern who wrote that looked up those names on wikipedia, not realizing they're pretty much at every game already. "Hey, I know, let's suggest bringing back Gene Autry!  The fans seem to like him ...."

I say "intern", because I have this unfortunate notion that Gammons' keyboard is encrusted in a nightmarish slurry of dribbled applesauce, Ensure, and saltine cracker crumbs, and that his computer isn't even connected to the Internet anymore (www.gammonthoughts.gov.www/gammonthoughts.com)

19 hours ago, eligrba said:

Wonder if Billy lost some authority or never had it from the beginning?

this is peter gammons we're talking about here, and not even vintage gammons. i'd hold off on any of the supposition regarding authority. i doubt there's been any change in authority at all between eppler or minasian.

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I remember one year walking up with my girlfriend in high school and got tix behind the dugout for broke high school kid prices

But then alan watson started the game, and you still felt like you overpaid.

And the only thing that made it better was 2 of the strike force chicks were kind of hot.