• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Keynan Middleton - no longer an Angel?

Warfarin

Trying to keep politics off the baseball discussion pages is the right thing to do.  The mods yanking posts to try to maintain the separation is just fine.  Mine included.

But at this point point it’s a bit like throwing down a few sandbags getting ready for the hurricane.   I am just noting that it is going to be harder and harder to keep the sports and political conversations separated when the athletes themselves drift further into melting the two subjects together, explicitly and openly on the field.

Fans paying attention often know current stats of players they follow.  We are very close to being acutely aware of, and being reminded on a daily basis, many players’ political positions and specific causes that they align with.

When that happens, it’s gonna be impossible to keep these conversations separate.  That becomes part of their intended public identity in baseball.

I would hope the mods don’t pull this specific post down because I am not taking any political position, I am literally just talking about how the face of baseball is changing and how it’s just gonna be different.

8 minutes ago, failos said:

@Dtwncbad I hope “””they””” delete your post since it must’ve taken you so long to compose.

You might be surprised.  I write very very fast.  Being long winded (one of the things I need to improve upon for sure) is directly correlated to hammering out thoughts at a very fast pace.  Going fast also produces me repeating myself in the same post.  I hate when I do that.  Anyway, I type my thoughts and click post and then instantly I see a gigantic fat entry that I never intended to be so long.

41 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Trying to keep politics off the baseball discussion pages is the right thing to do.  The mods yanking posts to try to maintain the separation is just fine.  Mine included.

But at this point point it’s a bit like throwing down a few sandbags getting ready for the hurricane.   I am just noting that it is going to be harder and harder to keep the sports and political conversations separated when the athletes themselves drift further into melting the two subjects together, explicitly and openly on the field.

Fans paying attention often know current stats of players they follow.  We are very close to being acutely aware of, and being reminded on a daily basis, many players’ political positions and specific causes that they align with.

When that happens, it’s gonna be impossible to keep these conversations separate.  That becomes part of their intended public identity in baseball.

I would hope the mods don’t pull this specific post down because I am not taking any political position, I am literally just talking about how the face of baseball is changing and how it’s just gonna be different.

It is true that the onset of social media has made it easier to discover the personal and political views of athletes.

32 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You might be surprised.  I write very very fast.  Being long winded (one of the things I need to improve upon for sure) is directly correlated to hammering out thoughts at a very fast pace.  Going fast also produces me repeating myself in the same post.  I hate when I do that.  Anyway, I type my thoughts and click post and then instantly I see a gigantic fat entry that I never intended to be so long.

I’m not surprised by anything anymore. But I have this problem on occasion, too.

Just giving you a hard time, broski.