• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Feeling burnt out.

tdawg87

27 minutes ago, True Grich said:

The longer this year went on without baseball, the less interested I became in this year. Not being able to go to games, just killed it for me. Watching it on TV just didn't do it for me. The fake fan noise, the crazy rules, etc., just didn't make it enjoyable. I tried to watch, but I ended up doing something else or watching something else most of the time.

The negative crap in this forum got old reallly, really fast. 

So... I sort of took the year off. You could say I opted out.

I'll be back, but I just didn't care that much this year. I got used to not having baseball and the thought of the Angels getting to the postseason without being able to attend games just made me apathetic.

Again, I'll be back. But right at this moment, baseball doesn't mean much to me.

I'm just tired of the pandemic and all that goes along with it. 

Exactly how I feel in every way. 

40 minutes ago, True Grich said:

The longer this year went on without baseball, the less interested I became in this year. Not being able to go to games, just killed it for me. Watching it on TV just didn't do it for me. The fake fan noise, the crazy rules, etc., just didn't make it enjoyable. I tried to watch, but I ended up doing something else or watching something else most of the time.

The negative crap in this forum got old reallly, really fast. 

So... I sort of took the year off. You could say I opted out.

I'll be back, but I just didn't care that much this year. I got used to not having baseball and the thought of the Angels getting to the postseason without being able to attend games just made me apathetic.

Again, I'll be back. But right at this moment, baseball doesn't mean much to me.

I'm just tired of the pandemic and all that goes along with it. 

Nailed it. 

2 hours ago, Keener said:

I have similar feelings about all of sports right now. 

I was so ready for some good, after so much negative since covid shut down the world back in march.

So instead, my penguins get bounced by the worst team in the playoffs, who were a mercy throw-in.  Then the angels can't even make it in as a mercy throw-in.  And i dont even know where to start about being a lions fan.  

At this point, covid shutting down everything except korean baseball and cornhole (sponsored by johnsonville sausages) was preferable to the multi-levelled shitshow i put myself through instead.  So, I hear you, tdawg.

Oh Lions fan, I guess there is a hell after all.

Maybe it will be best to just forget about this partial, artificial season and think constructively about what comes next whenever a full season returns. The Angels very well could have been a playoff team this year with even a 110 game season like 1981. A poor couple of weeks doomed them at the start and they never got rolling. Fifty more games and I think they get a wildcard. Oh well, no glory this year for any team in terms of history. 

All sports are irritating me with the fake noise and empty stands. Technically the games are being played, but the fan experience is diminished. 

Many players respond to real fan emotion and momentum often is heightened by real time fan reaction. 

Watching these games in empty stadiums with no fans is all cerebral,and one dimensional. No fan or community solidarity. Generally skilled pro athletes doing their jobs, but missing an important dimension. 

Still better than nothing at all, but eventually a historical anomaly.

I feel ya, its like that way being a Chargers' fan. For me though, basketball is my first love when it comes to sports and I've been a die hard Lakers' since I could really follow sports in the mid 90's so they've been a great relief to this shit show of the season by the Angels. For me its just check the box score; watch a game or two a week, and follow this forum. You have to detach and follow from afar sometimes. 

I feel burnt out knowing we have to watch a million teams play in the postseason (mind you, in a new format custom built for a team just like us)  and a long COVID off-season.  Extra grueling wait for next season.  I think that's the anxiety you might be feeling.

However compared to how I was feeling a month ago about this team, things are a lot better and should be WAY better in 2021.

I didn't expect it to, but this crappy shit show of frankenball actually restored a little hope for me.  I was completely disinterested to start the year and felt like every topic was completely talked out.  If we have to do similar shit next year again without a minor league season then I'll be pretty bummed but if it goes back to normal then I'll feel pretty good about things.  

@tdawg87, you and I share the exact same thoughts. My satellite provider doesn’t even have Fox Sports West so I haven’t watched a single game this year and i haven’t even cared or thought about it. Like you, I check the box score and a few times caught up on a game in the MLB app gamecast thing. This team gets the same results every year regardless of personnel so I don’t find them any fun to watch. It is just baseball, and like most other forms of entertainment, it has very little importance in my life 

11 hours ago, Justin said:

Every year that goes by, I believe this more and more. 

Basketball is a game, one that is far more fun to play than watch. Football is an excuse to eat junk food and drink beer on the weekends. Cricket is... something to pretend to like to get Aussie chicks to sleep with you. 

Baseball is beautiful. Even when your favorite team has become a punching bag for the national media... it is still beautiful. Hang in there, @tdawg87. "The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away."

Cricket wins.

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I didn't expect it to, but this crappy shit show of frankenball actually restored a little hope for me.  I was completely disinterested to start the year and felt like every topic was completely talked out.  If we have to do similar shit next year again without a minor league season then I'll be pretty bummed but if it goes back to normal then I'll feel pretty good about things.  

If they do this again next year, not sure ill be willing to pay much attention.  The lack of minor league baseball made for the worst baseball experience ever (for me).

I'm ok with the venting if it's constructive.

There's a Rock-Bottom reality the Angels have had to face for awhile.

When every baseball mind projects you to likely be .500 at best, clearly

something is likely not right with team for a Championship run.

Need a GM and a Coach to get the right talent.  Starting Pitching should

be the priority.  If a team like the Oakland A's can find it year after

year, Angels should be able to as well.

I tried personally to see this season in a different light, because I was prepared to not even have a baseball season this year. I saw the 60 game schedule as this weird experiment where nothing would matter in the end, there were even moments where I figured the season could just end without a World Series.

With that being said it didn't work so well as I am still insanely disappointed with the season and the thought of a Mike Trout approaching his 30's and our team still letting me down season after season. I'm not burnt out I'm just fed up with incrementally getting "better" while simultaneously getting worse at the same time.

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

The negativity bugs the hell out of me, obviously.  

Sometimes there are fans on Twitter who just are so bitter and complain so much that I just want to slap them and say “Dude, this is a baseball team. It’s supposed to be fun. Sorry they can’t win every time.”

But I suppose that’s a side affect of the passion that makes people read my stories more religiously than other stories, and thus keeps me employed, so I’m OK with it. 

I haven’t been a fan in a long time but when I was I felt like I was just obsessed. However I don’t remember being this angry at the losses. Maybe it was because the team I rooted for was always bad and never had much expectation. Or maybe it was because there was no social media so I had no outlet. Or maybe it was just because I was young. 

Living where you do, you don't have the advantage of living and working amidst a sea of front-running, often baseball-ignorant, entitled, sometimes degenerate, vocal rival fanbase.  You can always count on some loudmouth in blue gear to snap me out of my doldrums and hoping that the Angels will prevail or at the least, they will be blowing up Dodger talk with inane recriminations about how their destiny slipped through their fingers.  But I certainly get it.  The Angels have so many advantages that they've not capitalized on, and seem doomed to the same because of lack of vision.

Nevertheless, I'll be interested in this season as long as I have a team to root against and next year I'll look for signs of life  on the hot stove and spring training BSOHL propaganda.