• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Feeling burnt out.

tdawg87

24 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

Living where you do, you don't have the advantage of living and working amidst a sea of front-running, often baseball-ignorant, entitled, sometimes degenerate, vocal rival fanbase.  You can always count on some loudmouth in blue gear to snap me out of my doldrums and hoping that the Angels will prevail or at the least, they will be blowing up Dodger talk with inane recriminations about how their destiny slipped through their fingers.  But I certainly get it.  The Angels have so many advantages that they've not capitalized on, and seem doomed to the same because of lack of vision.

Nevertheless, I'll be interested in this season as long as I have a team to root against and next year I'll look for signs of life  on the hot stove and spring training BSOHL propaganda.

No, he has to deal with Red Sox fans.  So same thing.

I feel burnt out on just about everything this year. It feels like we're living in bizarro world, where everything is at least slightly crappier than it should be.

I've been totally meh about the Angels this season, and haven't watched a single game since the first couple weeks. But I'll be eagerly looking toward Opening Day come January.

Probably the only game I even got into was the 2nd game against the Padres right before this Dodger series.  That one got my intensity because the Angels finally seemed to be playing for something. But the end was another let down.  Like everyone else, my overall enthusiasm this year has been greatly diminished. I live in eastern standard time and was able to sleep much more during this season because I didn’t care to watch. 

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

Burnt out on baseball because the Angels have had a rough few years? With all the other crap going on?  I'm not. Wish today wasn't the end of their season.

Everything else going on is very much a part of it. Didn't think it needed to be said.

10 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I haven’t been a fan in a long time but when I was I felt like I was just obsessed. However I don’t remember being this angry at the losses. Maybe it was because the team I rooted for was always bad and never had much expectation. Or maybe it was because there was no social media so I had no outlet. Or maybe it was just because I was young. 

social media has been far more of a detriment than a blessing. twitter absolutely sucks.

10 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

The key is to just follow a dozen teams across all different sports so that at any given time someone is doing well. Hell I even follow soccer now. 

if you ever hear me say this, that's my "help, I'm being held against my will. call the authorities." clue.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

if you ever hear me say this, that's my "help, I'm being held against my will. call the authorities." clue.

I follow Bayern and they lost today for the first time in something like 40 matches after sweeping every relevant trophy. Not surprisingly, people are immediately calling for the manager to be fired. 

22 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

I follow Bayern and they lost today for the first time in something like 40 matches after sweeping every relevant trophy. Not surprisingly, people are immediately calling for the manager to be fired. 

just to be clear, I wasn't trying to start a discussion on soccer.

don't make me ban you.

It's been tough to get into baseball in general in the last few weeks. I put on Quick Pitch every day on MLB Network to keep up, and tune into other games as well in addition to part of Angels games, and with the lack of fans and crazy rule/playoff changes it's hard to get invested. It starts to kind of feel like a chore, and that is on top of the game seeming to lose a lot of its fun in the last few with with the analytics era. I still love the game of baseball at its core though, and hopefully the Angels can get better and rekindle that flame for us.

8 minutes ago, Ceramic said:

I am a fucking Angels, Chargers, Clippers Fan. Fuck Me. The fucking trifecta of sports misery.

I know its been a rough six years for the Angels. Maybe more depending on your thought process. Its been a long time since 2002. Consider this, though...

20 of the 30 MLB teams have a longer drought without a World Series title.  It'll be 19 in a month, but being an Angels fan is not miserable.... certain people want to make it so, but its really not 

I'm feeling quite the opposite as I see rays of sunshine on the horizon. 

First, I don't believe we'll have a Covid season of no fans next year, so that's part of what I'm looking forward to. I did miss going to the game, but not having fans in the stands while watching on TV didn't bother me.

There's plenty to be excited about going forward and I think the prospects of a new GM and the hopes of adding some starting pitching and a closer this offseason is big reason for optimism. 

I think the key to not getting burned out during a dismal season is to enjoy watching other teams play, play fantasy sports and have an NHL and NFL team to root for. And if you're a weirdo, watch cricket too. 

I'll echo @Dochalo & @Inside Pitch comments though in that not having a minor league season sucked the most for me. That and I really hated the extra innings second base runner rule. That was garbage and I hope they change it. 

@tdawg87props to you for waiting this long to burnout.  

I burned out a long time ago and this dumpster fire of an organization is just on repeat year in and year out.  

rememebr when they used to tickle our junk and get to the playoffs and then just blow series?  

we don’t even get that anymore. 

the burn is good, like a toasted marshmallow.