• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should the Senate vote on a new Supreme Court Justice before the inauguration?

Taylor

Supreme Court Pole  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Senate vote on a new Supreme Court Justice before the inauguration?

2. 2. Will they?

• Yes, the Republicans are the Houston Astros of politics.
    • No, there is an ounce of decency left.

20 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Well they’re all women, and they’re about to lose control of their own bodies.  Perhaps they have a right to be a little pissed off.

wasn't the court already at 5-4 with republican nominees? maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think 6-3 would be any different than 5-4.

and I don't think they're going to lose anything (greetings to @Lou and/or @fishbulb when you find this post in the future).

1 minute ago, Tank said:

wasn't the court already at 5-4 with republican nominees? maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think 6-3 would be any different than 5-4.

and I don't think they're going to lose anything (greetings to @Lou and/or @fishbulb when you find this post in the future).

No need to tag them as they’ll dig deep and find it 

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

That's a slippery slope there. 7-2 won't be any different than 6-3. 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Meh, I think it’s an overreaction and Rowe v Wade isn’t going anywhere. 

Rowe v Wade doesn't affect me at all, but I'm not willing to take away anyone else's choices.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/16/913698689/ice-almost-deported-immigrant-woman-who-says-she-got-unwanted-surgery-while-deta

The same right wingers that are opposed to abortion performed unwanted hysterectomies on immigrants in ICE custody. At least according to reports.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

21 minutes ago, Tank said:

what has happened to people?

"if we can't get things our way, we're going to destroy it all!" Really, this seems like the logical way to proceed?

I don't condone rioting or looting but seeing the bullshit from McConnell i can see why people can get enraged. I'm not a violent person but I dont think I would ever get tired from repeatedly punching that dude in his turtle shaped face 

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

Roberts often broke with his conservative colleges and voted with the Liberals. That's not likely to help with a 6-3 split. Only thing left is to expand the Court to 13 justices under Biden and both houses of Congress in the Democrat's control.

6 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I don't condone rioting or looting but seeing the bullshit from McConnell i can see why people can get enraged. I'm not a violent person but I dont think I would ever get tired from repeatedly punching that dude in his turtle shaped face 

I don't like the way McConnell does his job, so I understand this perspective.

I'd feel the same way about Corey Perry if Dallas wins the stanley cup.

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

McConnell is a c*nt but there's a reason he's the Senate majority leader for the Republicans...

Because he is the c*ntiest of the c*nts. The Senate breakdown is another massive problem with our system.  The vote differential in the senate far exceeds the presidential election.  The combined total of votes for elected senators is around plus 20 million for the dems yet Republicans hold the majority. As I said in the thread earlier that c*nt McSally is in line to go 0-2 in senate elections within a 2 year span, yet she gets a vote for confirming a lifetime Supreme Court judge.

The dems ain't worried about Roe v Wade. Even if overturned, the dems will eventually win and stack the court with 100 judges. Another judge makes it much tougher to steal an election with boxes of discovered votes after the election. If we had just left the existing voting rules in place, Trump probably doesn't appoint until next year. Dems are perfectly ok with changing voting laws last minute before a big election. They really shouldn't be ass hurt if the Reps decide to exercise their  powers. I remember some bullshit passing on Christmas Eve without a 2/3 majority. 

25 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

The dems ain't worried about Roe v Wade. Even if overturned, the dems will eventually win and stack the court with 100 judges. Another judge makes it much tougher to steal an election with boxes of discovered votes after the election. If we had just left the existing voting rules in place, Trump probably doesn't appoint until next year. Dems are perfectly ok with changing voting laws last minute before a big election. They really shouldn't be ass hurt if the Reps decide to exercise their  powers. I remember some bullshit passing on Christmas Eve without a 2/3 majority. 

Do you honestly think a majority of Republicans in office give a shit abortion? 

Just now, st1ckboy said:

Do you honestly think a majority of Republicans in office give a shit abortion? 

No. You know damn well dems love killing babies but this fight isn't about that. This fight is about preserving the opportunity to steal this election. All the Roe v Wade noise from the Dem party is simply to stir voter turnout. Even if abortion was to be overturned there would be multiple exemptions which will be easily manipulated by leftist doctors. 

4 hours ago, angelinkc said:

“It’s OK for me; evil for thee.” Earlier this year, for example, it emerged that Elliot Broidy, the former RNC deputy finance chairman paid $1.6m to a Playboy Playmate he had an affair with, after she aborted his child.

Then there is Tim Murphy, the pro-life Pennsylvania Republican who resigned last year after it was revealed he had urged his mistress to consider an abortion. And let’s not forget the charming Scott DesJarlais. According to testimony during his divorce trial, the Tennessee congressman supported his ex-wife's decision to get two abortions before their marriage. The former doctor also allegedly pressured a 24-year-old patient he was having an affair with to get an abortion. Even after all that information came out DesJarlais still had the gall to vote for anti-abortion bills and boast of having a “100% pro-life voting record."

8 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Only applies when the White House and Senate are in the hands of opposite parties.

Exactly.    That's what happened last time.   But the man went on record as saying if he controlled the senate he would have pushed for it.   So all talk about rules and fairness seem laughable.  Both sides are opportunistic fucks that put ethics aside whenever its politically expedient .   

It gets old seeing people act like one side is morally superior.  

23 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Exactly.    That's what happened last time.   But the man went on record as saying if he controlled the senate he would have pushed for it.   So all talk about rules and fairness seem laughable.  Both sides are opportunistic fucks that put ethics aside whenever its politically expedient .   

It gets old seeing people act like one side is morally superior.  

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

For every Mitch, there's a Nancy..... 

Two Both Sides! posts in a row. Impressive.