• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should the Senate vote on a new Supreme Court Justice before the inauguration?

Taylor

Supreme Court Pole  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Senate vote on a new Supreme Court Justice before the inauguration?

2. 2. Will they?

• Yes, the Republicans are the Houston Astros of politics.
    • No, there is an ounce of decency left.

21 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Did you find that tidbit of knowledge on a fortune cookie wrapper on in the floor while you were sweeping?  

Hey @gotbeer you hired MAGA?  While that’s very kind of you, I’d be interested to know why he couldn’t handle it at Arby’s.

Is what I posted inaccurate? 

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

There’s some nuance here you’re missing.  And she would not “interpret as written”, she would interpret as her Christian brain interpreted. 

Were you concerned about Ginsberg’s “Jewish brain”?

”I am a judge born, raised, and proud of being a Jew. The demand for justice runs through the entirety of the Jewish tradition. I hope, in my years on the bench of the Supreme Court of the United States, I will have the strength and the courage to remain constant in the service of that demand."

—RBG

7 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I’d like to take this answer off the air, Bob.

I should have trolled the anti-Christians by editing that quote to make it from Amy Barrett talking about how being Christian will guide her.

That would have been fun to see their heads explode and then say, “Oops, my mistake.  That was actually RBG talking about her Jewish faith guiding her.”

Dang it.  I blew that opportunity.

26 minutes ago, calscuf said:

No, but as I’ve explained to you in the past (and please know I say this with the utmost respect): We all think you are borderline retarded.

There are people here with views that range from one end of the political spectrum to the other.  But on a certain level, there is a concession amongst us all that essentially is “I disagree with you but that is your right to have that opinion.”  

Then there’s you.  Look, not understanding the world and having evolving political positions as you gain more life experience is normal.  Having totally opposite and conflicting political opinions, and to have them with such indignant arrogance, within the span of a few months?  That’s either evidence of mental illness or legendary level stupidity.  I believe it’s the latter.

You went from a douchebag Bernie Bro to an asshole Trumper overnight and you expect us to think that anything you say is an independent thought? 

Perhaps if you had shown some humility and deference to those that clearly had more experience, intelligence and original thoughts than you did, we all would have accepted your metamorphosis as odd but acceptable.  Instead you came out retard guns blazing and haven’t looked back.  

While fascinating, it’s been eye roll and head shake inducing and that’s why no one respects your opinions.

At least you admitted I'm right.

Meh.

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

Failure of critical thinking is the hallmark of the Christians intellect, or rather lack of.

I have to disagree. The greatest nation in the world was  founded by Christians and Deist. Now, I will admit there are a lot of so called Christians left and right that are more about their institutional religious doctrines vs following the Bible.  I will be the first to admit my beliefs are based on faith. The Bible is a pretty accurate on historical events that can be cross referenced to non christian historians writings. The ultimate message of salvation can't be proven and no Christian has all the answers with creation etc. We simple have faith. I would point to the miracles of America and Israel as possible signs of divine intervention. 

Now. lets take a look at the the accomplishments of non Christian Nations.  Every non Christian empire has been defeated. You can make a case Europe's influence has decreased as churches became corrupt and their societies became more secular. The big three of tyranny all purged religion and murdered millions of people in the process. The undeveloped barbaric nations are most all muslim or non Christian nations. 

Christians are well represented throughout history. Copernicus, Galileo,Newton, and the Wright Brothers all believed in God. I can't verify what was in their souls but there work was heavily influenced by the belief God exists. Our founders used Biblical principles in writing the Constitution. While not a perfect document, there is not another governing document in history that did more for protecting individual freedoms. I won't deny Christians have went too far making their beliefs into law. Prohibition is a pretty good example of this. Today, I see a whole lot more liberal beliefs being legislated into law. Separation of Church and State is been totally distorted from its original intent.

There have been many atheist inventors and scientist as well. I don't believe all atheist hinders a persons ability to think critically. I do think some atheist and agnostics can be impaired by their prospective faiths.  Many fail to acknowledge their lack or believing is a belief in itself. This bias can be a benefit but can also be a major handicap. From evolution to climate change we have theories being pushed as fact not faith. I argue it takes at least as much faith to believe non living organisms exploded into life and later evolved in perfect harmony. Many of the same people believe life is so fragile we need to drive a Prius powered by chicken shit to save the planet. Christians can at least verify Jesus lived on earth. At no point in world history has any atheist witnessed a non living organism spring to life. 

I don't won't to imply Christians are superior be any means. Christians can be condescending and are capable of committing some of the worst crimes. I don't want the courts to enforce Baptist doctrine. The courts do need to get back to honest interpretation based on the Constitution and precedents. All precedents should be reviewed and not just precedents from 1960 forward. The federal courts have corrected many injustices throughout our history. They have also waged a a 50 year war against individual liberties and Christian values. Their piss poor court decisions have enabled the indoctrination and entitlement of BLM and antifa.  

What to know about the top female judges being mentioned for SCOTUS

7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Amy Coney Barrett; 11th Circuit Judge Barbara Lagoa; 4th Circuit Judge Allison Jones Rushing and 6th Circuit Judge Joan Larsen are the top contenders for President Trump's Supreme Court nomination. <br data-cke-eol="1">

7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Amy Coney Barrett; 11th Circuit Judge Barbara Lagoa; 4th Circuit Judge Allison Jones Rushing and 6th Circuit Judge Joan Larsen are the top contenders for President Trump's Supreme Court nomination.

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Trump needs Florida, Lagoa would be the smart pick to sway a state and a nod to hispanics. Barrett sways Catholic voters, not sure that pushes any given state over to him. Jones is waste of time, the evangelicals are already on board. Larsen doesn't move the needle much for Trumps election. 

25 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Trump needs Florida, Lagoa would be the smart pick to sway a state and a nod to hispanics. Barrett sways Catholic voters, not sure that pushes any given state over to him. Jones is waste of time, the evangelicals are already on board. Larsen doesn't move the needle much for Trumps election. 

Aren't most Hispanics traditionally Catholic? 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Would like to see the Dems try to tear apart a female minority in the process.

Then their true agenda would be on display.

18 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Would like to see the Dems try to tear apart a female minority in the process.

Then their true agenda would be on display.

Anyone with a functioning brain knows they do not care about minorities and only care about current party agendas. The pandering is so blatant anymore