• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should the Senate vote on a new Supreme Court Justice before the inauguration?

Taylor

Supreme Court Pole  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Senate vote on a new Supreme Court Justice before the inauguration?

2. 2. Will they?

• Yes, the Republicans are the Houston Astros of politics.
    • No, there is an ounce of decency left.

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

Anyone interested in principles beyond short-term self interest should want the nomination and vote to happen

Republicans threw principles out the window when they blocked Garland. Now that they are faced with the same predicament, they have to follow the precedent they established.

They can't have it both ways.

1 minute ago, JarsOfClay said:

Republicans threw principles out the window when they blocked Garland. Now that they are faced with the same predicament, they have to follow the precedent they established.

They can't have it both ways.

It’s kind of the same but different too. Last go around you had a republican controlled senate and a dem controlled executive branch. That process likely would have went well into Trumps term and possibly not have Garland confirmed. Anyways, I get the what goes around, comes around sentiment but that doesn’t make it right. Politics are shit and they all play dirty. I imagine it’s going to be very ugly. Kavanaugh got of easy compared to this next one 

There’s nothing short term about appointing Supreme Court justices.  

I’d say turnabout is fair play and they should wait until after the election but unlike the last go around the senate may have the votes. Both parties forcing things through is nothing new.  Sadly that’s about the only way they get things done these days. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Yes, it's time to overturn Roe vs. Wade! 

I'm pro-life, but outlawing abortion won't solve the problem. 

You know what will cause abortion rates to plummet? Ensuring that every American has access to healthcare, regardless of their financial status.

3 minutes ago, Spin Rate said:

I'm pro-life, but outlawing abortion won't solve the problem. 

You know what will cause abortion rates to plummet? Ensuring that every American has access to healthcare, regardless of their financial status.

I completely disagree with this. If it's against the law it would stop many law abiding citizens from getting one. Will there be underground abortions from corrupt doctors? Of course, but if you stopped 50-75% of abortions that's hundreds of thousands of lives saved every year.