• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should the Senate vote on a new Supreme Court Justice before the inauguration?

Taylor

Supreme Court Pole  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Senate vote on a new Supreme Court Justice before the inauguration?

2. 2. Will they?

• Yes, the Republicans are the Houston Astros of politics.
    • No, there is an ounce of decency left.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Only liberals are allowed to “not care.”

Anyone else who “doesn’t care” about something is labeled by the left as selfish, greedy, cruel, unkind, mean, stupid, racist, or any number of other insults.

What the fuck are you talking about?

31 minutes ago, Tank said:

a constitutional amendment would be required, right?

i'd much rather see term limits for members of congress. too many of them have way overstayed their welcome.

No clue. I'm good with term limits on all elected or appointed officials. I'm also good with PR and DC becoming states. Also if there is a way, combining the two Dakotas into one.

16 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

The Senate will never take it up for a vote but it's not a bad idea.

I would agree, with both you and @Jasonon this. Power is indeed hard to give up. Term limits are also, I think, very necessary. People stay in those positions too long and it all becomes about political gamesmanship, and not about helping the people of your constituency. Too few elected officials are term limited. I mean, notice the proposed term limits only applies to SCOTUS. Why not senators and reps as well?

56 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'd much rather see term limits for members of congress. too many of them have way overstayed their welcome.

American voters are to blame for officials overstaying their welcome. There are term limits. The voters choose not do anything about it when election time comes because the other candidate has the wrong political letter next to their name.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

For sure. Politicians only become more corrupt the longer they are in office. Political power should have limits. I would not be upset if all of them received term limits 

Edited by Jason

15 minutes ago, Kevin said:

American voters are to blame for officials overstaying their welcome. There are term limits. The voters choose not do anything about it when election time comes because the other candidate has the wrong political letter next to their name.

100% true. Voters are even lazier than you describe. Sometimes I think its as simple as casting a yes vote for a name they recognize. Its like the common voter doesn't even research the candidates 🙂 

The problem is as soon as members of congress are elected they're working on getting re-elected.  The only way they'll do what's best for the country which involves tough decisions and thinking long term is acting like they aren't up for re-election.  It would be great if there were term limits for members of congress but it will never happen. 

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The problem is as soon as members of congress are elected they're working on getting re-elected.  The only way they'll do what's best for the country which involves tough decisions and thinking long term is acting like they aren't up for re-election.  It would be great if there were term limits for members of congress but it will never happen. 

Good point. Its obvious when you see policy decisions that are obvious pandering to certain demographics. 

26 minutes ago, Kevin said:

i think that's why it'd be good to have some kind of legislation in place. the voters can't be trusted.

Conservative ad uses RBG's words to argue for replacing her quickly

A new video ad uses the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's own words to argue the case for filling the Supreme Court seat left empty by her death last week.

"The president is elected for four years, not three years, so the power he has in year three continues into year four," the liberal icon is featured saying in September 2016.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

DC is the size of a normal metropolitan city. Why make it a state?

i think the original intention was also to keep the capitol in a neutral place so that it wasn't unduly influenced by local interests. i may be a bit foggy on that, but that's what i recall. making it a state would go against that. plus the size thing.