• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Diamondbacks (9/15/2020)

Chuck

22 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Taylor Ward in the meantime has looked better of late as well. Coming into tonight's game Ward has slashed .450/.522/.600 over his last 9 games. 

Wouldn't it be something if Ward ends up beating out Adell for the RF job next spring. He certainly has the wheels and arm to play there if he can hit anything like he has in the minors and as of late in the bigs. 

Dipoto FTW!! 

16 minutes ago, FD2You said:

Holy Cow!   I was about to turn this game off a little while ago.   A Pleasant Surprise !!

Honestly I was afraid this would be one of those "MadBum has a 7 ERA but is going to regain his form against us" type of game, but the Angels are coming back!

19 minutes ago, FD2You said:

Holy Cow!   I was about to turn this game off a little while ago.   A Pleasant Surprise !!

2 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

Honestly I was afraid this would be one of those "MadBum has a 7 ERA but is going to regain his form against us" type of game, but the Angels are coming back!

Hi Frank, meet John from Montana who's been on our Friday virtual happy hours here and there. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Wouldn't it be something if Ward ends up beating out Adell for the RF job next spring. He certainly has the wheels and arm to play there if he can hit anything like he has in the minors and as of late in the bigs. 

The predictive data for both Ward and Walsh was very promising last year in AAA.  Yes, everyone in the PCL hits a ton, that's why you look to the weighted data and look for guys outperforming the league.  Ward, Walsh, and Thaiss were all showing up in the areas that tend to point towards future success.   The bad season has allowed them to pile up the steady at bats and they look to be getting more comfortable.  Silver lining maybe.

Walsh btw started today with a babip of .237... Its not been a lucky streak, his statcast data is on point.

9 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Dipoto FTW!! 

What’s crazy is I do think Ward has turned a corner and I still think he won’t be on the roster next year.  I think we could see him traded or simply released as we get to a roster crunch where we have to protect other young guys.  I also think we will see a guy like Jam Jones gone.  We don’t have a lot of guys that are free agents after this year.  We traded three of them, that leaves us with Simmons and Teheran?  I’m sure I am missing someone.  

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

The predictive data for both Ward and Walsh was very promising last year in AAA.  Yes, everyone in the PCL hits a ton, that's why you look to the weighted data and look for guys outperforming the league.  Ward, Walsh, and Thaiss were all showing up in the areas that tend to point towards future success.   The bad season has allowed them to pile up the steady at bats and they look to be getting more comfortable.  Silver lining maybe.

Walsh btw started today with a babip of .237... Its not been a lucky streak, his statcast data is on point.

Could end being a HUGE silver lining for us. That means instead of spending money on a RF and 1B next season we can allocate all of our resources into starting pitching and perhaps a closer. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Could end being a HUGE silver lining for us. That means instead of spending money on a RF and 1B next season we can allocate all of our resources into starting pitching and perhaps a closer. 

Bullpen and lineup (RISP especially) is our concern really, our starting pitching seems to be fine outside Teheran, an ace type wouldn't hurt though.

Man I'm on board to bring Simmons back if they can't work out a 2-3 year deal, then go all in for Bauer or sign two of Stroman & Tanaka (maybe he'll come out west to be closer to home and have a Japanese teammate in Ohtani). Then sign Liam Hendriks to close. 

Upton and Simmons are hitting really well, if they can fix Ohtani at the plate and get his arm right. This team could be scary good. 

Look, throw out the stats and just use the eye test...  Send Adell to Long Beach, play Ward everyday in RF and let Walsh continue to improve... Dude hasn't started to walk yet which he's always done so yes, he can improve.

Those guys give the Angels their best chance to win and while Adell may be the future, these guys look ready now and the team invested years developing them too.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Man I'm on board to bring Simmons back if they can't work out a 2-3 year deal, then go all in for Bauer or sign two of Stroman & Tanaka (maybe he'll come out west to be closer to home and have a Japanese teammate in Ohtani). Then sign Liam Hendriks to close. 

Upton and Simmons are hitting really well, if they can fix Ohtani at the plate and get his arm right. This team could be scary good. 

It comes down to price.  The Angels best run prevention IF has Simmons at SS and Fletcher at 2B with Rengifo doing Aybar weird shit (while taking walks) as the UT guy