• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Diamondbacks (9/15/2020)

Chuck

31 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The predictive data for both Ward and Walsh was very promising last year in AAA.  Yes, everyone in the PCL hits a ton, that's why you look to the weighted data and look for guys outperforming the league.  Ward, Walsh, and Thaiss were all showing up in the areas that tend to point towards future success.   The bad season has allowed them to pile up the steady at bats and they look to be getting more comfortable.  Silver lining maybe.

Walsh btw started today with a babip of .237... Its not been a lucky streak, his statcast data is on point.

Wow that's ridiculous. Was just going to look up his BABIP too and was certain it would be in the .400's

6 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Front line starter extend Simmons and bullpen help.

Perhaps it's a good idea but, Simmons avg is really pretty overrated, his OBP/OPS is quite sub pedestrain, his righty bat is also not the best thing to have in a lineup chock full of righties.  It's also a shame Rengifo nor Berreto have shown up at all.

2 minutes ago, Angel said:

Perhaps it's a good idea but, Simmons avg is really pretty overrated, his OBP/OPS is quite sub pedestrain, his righty bat is also not the best thing to have in a lineup chock full of righties.  It's also a shame Rengifo nor Berreto have shown up at all.

How many shortstops are left handed?

His OPS is fine with me if he delivers the defense.  We do not need a slugger out of that position.  Neither Rengifro nor Barretto is as good as a hitter and they are not on the same planet defensiveky.

5 minutes ago, Angel said:

Yea, and he is still a supreme defensive player that saves runs, something this team needs badly.

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

How many shortstops are left handed?

His OPS is fine with me if he delivers the defense.  We do not need a slugger out of that position.  Neither Rengifro nor Barretto is as good as a hitter and they are not on the same planet defensiveky.

Simmons might be our only option, it could be worse but it's going to cost us to keep him around and our lineup is a concern, so is defense so idk if his defense outweighs his offense that much and if it is really worth shelling out that much.

Even at $10M/year (low end likely) -- i don't see how any Angel fan could support resigning Simmons when we need pitching so bad.  I'm not even talking SP...how much better is this BP if you spent $10M on it?  Yes, RP is up/down, but getting one or two proven vet guys would go a long ways to improve the team.  I'd first use that money on a SP, but fallback would be on 1-2 RPs.