• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Giants pitcher Shaun Anderson throws twice at Mike Trout's head

rafibomb

5 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I never talked about an it factor. What are you talking about?

I’m talking about the fact that what Joe says to the media doesn’t matter to the players, nor does it have an affect on whether or not the players are going to get upset while on the bench.  That it factor is the players and it really isn’t coached.  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m talking about the fact that what Joe says to the media doesn’t matter to the players, nor does it have an affect on whether or not the players are going to get upset while on the bench.  That it factor is the players and it really isn’t coached.  

What needs to be said wasn’t said. That’s about it. 

7 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

To the umpires. To the player that did this. To future players that think about doing it. Learn from the master in Phil Jackson. His philosophy worked with the refs. 

We have no idea what Maddon said to the league or the umpires. We don’t know what was said to the players. 

7 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

You didn’t answer the question. 

I mean sure if you want to play that game. We never truly know anyone’s real intentions ever. Because we’re not in anyone’s head making that decision for them. You got me. But two pitches in one at bat towards Mike Trouts head. After one of the Giants players was hit by a pitch. And the reaction from Trout himself. Doesn’t look good to me. 

As for motive. Baseball has silly unwritten rules. Our pitcher hit their best player so their team is going to throw at our best player. 

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We have no idea what Maddon said to the league or the umpires. We don’t know what was said to the players. 

You’re right all we know is what he said in public and in public he in so many words. Said no big deal the guy was just inaccurate. 

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

You’re right all we know is what he said in public and in public he in so many words. Said no big deal the guy was just inaccurate. 

And as a fan this rubs you the wrong way.  Did you think Noe purposely threw at Marisnik’s head?

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And as a fan this rubs you the wrong way.  Did you think Noe purposely threw at Marisnik’s head?

I honestly didn’t watch so I have no idea what you’re talking about I was at work. I just saw videos afterwards on the Trout fiasco. I think if he did throw at his head my next question would be did he do it twice in the same at bat? I mean hey they are only human people mess up and a ball slips out every once in a while. But what I saw from that pitcher looked intentional. 

let’s spin it back around. Do you think that pitcher threw at Trout intentionally or accidentally? Your opinion I’m not asking you for a clear cut fact. But your opinion what say you?

6 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I honestly didn’t watch so I have no idea what you’re talking about I was at work. I just saw videos afterwards on the Trout fiasco. I think if he did throw at his head my next question would be did he do it twice in the same at bat? I mean hey they are only human people mess up and a ball slips out every once in a while. But what I saw from that pitcher looked intentional. 

let’s spin it back around. Do you think that pitcher threw at Trout intentionally or accidentally? Your opinion I’m not asking you for a clear cut fact. But your opinion what say you?

I think he threw at Trout but do I think he meant to throw at his head, absolutely not.  

So you don’t remember when Noe Ramirez threw at Jake Marisnik after Marisnik blew up Lucroy at home plate?  

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think he threw at Trout but do I think he meant to throw at his head, absolutely not.  

So you don’t remember when Noe Ramirez threw at Jake Marisnik after Marisnik blew up Lucroy at home plate?  

No. Not at all. I probably didn’t watch the game. But if you say is what happened. Then I absolutely think he threw at him. This isn’t a well no Angel player is bad and every other teams player is opinion. 

Fair enough opinion. Then how do you explain both pitches up around the head? Both times he meant to send a message but wasn’t accurate on either one?

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Why do you guys think this guy was throwing at Trout in a game they’re winning 8-1?

(EDIT: I am not asking why you have that opinion. I am asking what you think the pitcher’s motive was for doing it.)

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Two pitches at his head in the same at bat. Even his look after the second one was WTF?!

You didn’t answer the question. 

I love Fletch.

Why do you guys think this guy was throwing at Trout in a game they’re winning 8-1?

(EDIT: I am not asking why you have that opinion. I am asking what you think the pitcher’s motive was for doing it.)

Barnes plunking Longoria in the 5th.

At least that’s what ESPN’s coverage immediately went to as a possible reason when trying to figure out what led to the pitches to Trout