• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Giants pitcher Shaun Anderson throws twice at Mike Trout's head

rafibomb

2 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Yeah... that’s what I’m saying. Keep up or shut up.

So what would having to "answer" look like in that situation? Charging the mound? I literally can't think of anything else.

30 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Trout shouldn’t have to charge the mound in order for someone to pipe up. This team rolled over much like they have the last decade during a moment in which they needed to stand up for their guy. 

If you think the perfect retaliation for throwing at your stars head twice is for this 8-16 team to beat a 9-16 team twice then yikes.

Also, other teams and pitchers now know that they don’t have to answer to anyone for throwing whatever they want at Trout.  

Yea this is “fan” nonsense.  This shit is handled inside the game.  The idea that if Upton or Albert came out of the dugout and challenged them after the second pitch to Trout would then mean you can’t throw at Trout is just dumb.  Also yea you go out and beat them.  Because the rest doesn’t matter. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Which would have really sent a message. 

I feel like you haven’t played a sport in a while. I play hockey a couple times a week. It’s a beer league game. But we always have each other’s backs. If someone gets hit and it’s a cheap shot or a low blow or however you want to put it. Someone is always there seconds later. To say something or to put someone else on their ass. It is what it is. Just don’t like the look That the players didn’t do anything also don’t like it from Joe saying everything’s fine nothing to look at after the game. It’s two pitches at or near Trouts head for zero reason what so ever it’s dog shit. 

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea this is “fan” nonsense.  This shit is handled inside the game.  The idea that if Upton or Albert came out of the dugout and challenged them after the second pitch to Trout would then mean you can’t throw at Trout is just dumb.  Also yea you go out and beat them.  Because the rest doesn’t matter. 

I expect nothing from Upton or Pujols. Ones 100 years old and can barely run to first let alone charge the mound and Upton can barely hit water after falling out of a boat so him doing anything he might swing and hit Trout. But I do expect the other young players and veterans to say something and especially his manager. 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

I feel like you haven’t played a sport in a while. I play hockey a couple times a week. It’s a beer league game. But we always have each other’s backs. If someone gets hit and it’s a cheap shot or a low blow or however you want to put it. Someone is always there seconds later. To say something or to put someone else on their ass. It is what it is. Just don’t like the look That the players didn’t do anything also don’t like it from Joe saying everything’s fine nothing to look at after the game. It’s two pitches at or near Trouts head for zero reason what so ever it’s dog shit. 

In hockey if someone runs one of your star players you’re going to be answering to someone immediately.

Guys like Milan Lucic aren’t being paid for their scoring ability. They’re there to make guys think twice about doing something stupid 

8 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

That's a fair point, and I'd have to assume there was some sort of yelling coming from the dugout after that second one behind his head. If there wasn't, that suggests a bit of a problem for sure. As for Maddon not saying something... I mean maybe he actually thought it wasn't on purpose? Still though, you've gotta say something like it's unacceptable for a guy to be up around his head, that has no place in the game, etc...

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

Eff all this "we should have done this" and "this shows our mindset" bullshit. The best retaliation will be blowing them out tomorrow and Thursday.

Obviously, but since that's not really an option given how ass this team is, the next best thing is to retaliate and satiate the fans' bloodlust

2 minutes ago, Don said:

That's a fair point, and I'd have to assume there was some sort of yelling coming from the dugout after that second one behind his head. If there wasn't, that suggests a bit of a problem for sure. As for Maddon not saying something... I mean maybe he actually thought it wasn't on purpose? Still though, you've gotta say something like it's unacceptable for a guy to be up around his head, that has no place in the game, etc...

For me I go back to Phil Jackson. No matter what he’d stand up for his guys and try to play the refs. This was a cheap shot you didn’t call that whatever. He was the master of head games. To just flat out say nothing or have no real concern about what was going on is kind of just going thru the motions. Even if the pitches weren’t intentional and I highly doubt they weren’t. You still have to say something to the media and stand up for your guy. To say that’s not right. That’s bad form or whatever pirate hippie thing he wants to say. Just stand up for your guys Joe.

I’m not asking him to go out and say that’s bullshit. We are gonna throw at the first three batters heads in the first inning tomorrow. That’s idiotic. But at least say something in the defense of your dude. 

19 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I’ve played a ton my entire life.  Once again it’s the players not the managers that create that it factor. 

46 minutes ago, cvdog said:

That was 100% intentional.  The 2nd pitch just watch Anderson's arm slot. He was targeting Trout. 

It's clearly intentional. When you miss that bad up and in you usually miss low and away next time. For the next pitch to be behind Trout is pretty much proof of what the target is.

I have no idea if there were words from the Angels dugout, if so they didn’t show it on camera.  But it was the last at bats of the game.  They play them the next two days.  I would not be at all surprised if there is a message sent tomorrow.  

Just like I don’t think Noe went up to the head of Marisnick on purpose, I highly doubt this dude meant to go at Trout’s head.  The art of pitching inside is simply gone, pitchers don’t do it and especially relief pitchers don’t do it.  It’s a different arm slot.