• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Giants pitcher Shaun Anderson throws twice at Mike Trout's head

rafibomb

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Why do you guys think this guy was throwing at Trout in a game they’re winning 8-1?

(EDIT: I am not asking why you have that opinion. I am asking what you think the pitcher’s motive was for doing it.)

Mike Trout vs SF Giants lifetime 

.425 / .465 / .925 / 1.390

5 home runs

I think that’s enough motivation. 

My take is I don’t know for sure....

But, I know that Maddon said clearly he didn’t think it was intentional. And I checked on twitter with two beat writers who have covered him the longest (one from Chicago and one from Tampa) and both said in their experience Maddon would say if he felt it was intentional. 

So if I am going to trust their 12 or so years experience with Maddon, and thereby Maddon’s 45 years or so in baseball, that makes me think it wasn’t intentional. 

I also don’t think it would have just died down so quickly if Trout or the Angels were sure a guy was throwing at Trout’s head. There definitely would have been a lot more barking, not calmly standing there while the umpires talked it over. 

Also, I just don’t see why he would do that. No one would think Longoria was intentional and there’s no other reason to do it. 

I really don’t have that much trouble believing that a guy who isn’t a very good pitcher could let two slip on a day when it was really hot and unusually humid. 

The preponderance of evidence, to me, is that they just slipped. 

Who knows though? I guess if the Angels really believe it was intentional someone will get hit tomorrow. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

I enjoy him too. Bummed he had no response. But I’m glad he chats with the masses. It’s fun to hear his perspective. 

One time when Fletch and I were having lunch together, we talked about you.

Trout was also the first batter he’d faced in six days, so I’m sure that doesn’t help if you’re having command issues.

I am not sure why it’s so hard to believe that this dude just doesn’t know where he’s throwing the ball. 

Anyway, none of us knows for sure and I have already invested way too much time in it because I can’t sleep. 

When the first pitch is at Trout's face and the second pitch is behind his head there are pretty decent odds a guy is throwing at someone. Sure maybe Longoria isn't the player he used to be but he is the most recognizable name on that roster and that pitch he took to the ribs earlier looked quite painful. Now you have a young guy just hanging on to a job in MLB trying to be a good teammate and score points in the clubhouse by defending their team leader.

Anderson hits about 1 batter for every 50+ innings he's thrown in the big leagues... In the few times in my playing days that I hit someone in the head or nearly hit someone in the head my first reactions were shock, fear, and concern. Yesterday the camera cut back to Anderson's face and the look he had was something I could only describe as anger or preparing himself for a fight. 

There is no doubt in my mind it was intentional, and that doesn't have to mean that the pitcher had a good reason for it. All you have to do is look at the Fernando Tatis situation to see how low the average IQ is around baseball.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Anderson doesn't belong in MLB.    Walks three straight batters in a one-sided game? 

He's playing the long game. In 5 years when the Giants are playing in the WS Anderson will take out the opposing team's 3 best hitters with expertly placed fastballs directly on the wrist and no one will suspect a thing

Drop that pitch down and it's in the strike zone.  Maddon just looks silly here, though I suppose going to the media is all he can since the Angels forgot how to win.  Worry about your own pitchers not leaving meatballs over the plate all game.

Ef6x-mwUMAE-o3Q?format=jpg&name=360x360