• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler is worse than Dipoto and Reagins

1 hour ago, Tank said:

What percentage of your posts are complaints? Not trying to be a jerk but it seems like nothing the team does ever works for you.

It’s not shaping up to be a good year so Maybe it’s time to step away for a bit? I dunno.

In his defense, you can’t talk about the Angels and be positive 

This thread seems to show a pretty significant lack of understanding about how the long term health of an organization is secured. 

Reagins inherited a top four or so MLB franchise with a solid farm system and money to burn. He proceeded to burn much of the money and trade away significant pieces of the system. Yes, I know many of you blame this entirely on Moreno.

Dipoto inherited the best player in the world, enough money to buy Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton and CJ Wilson, and a lower tier farm system. He proceeded to turn that into the most barren system in league history, a decent but fluky run in 2014 and a .500 franchise anchored by contract obligations. He did so shitty he quit out of frustration, leaving the Angels with Mike Trout and 50 feet of shit. Yes, I know some of you still blame this on Scioscia.

Eppler has not been able to push this team over .500 but for the first time ever the organization is in a position where we can actually have expectations again. 

15 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Eppler has not been able to push this team over .500 but for the first time ever the organization is in a position where we can actually have expectations again. 

Five years in and this team is on pace to win 18 games. The people across the street are on pace to win 42. Eppler has failed badly in the depth department. He has yet to field a complete team. He has a few high rollers and a bunch of low income renters. Upton was really just another bad decision that again chews up salary. Manfred can do Eppler a big favor and allow him to start his offseason early.  

Edited by RendZone

36 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I understand that the situations from the other GMs are different but I’ve seen nothing from Eppler that gives me any hope for them to have success. Especially in the pitching department. It’s almost like he has a philosophy that they can win with mediocre pitching.  As far as Dipoto, he isn’t near as bad as him. Dipoto may be the worst GM in franchise history 

Edited by Jason

4 minutes ago, nate said:

Eppler inherited a dumpster fire, huge contracts, no farm system and a terrible manager.

It takes more than five years to fix that, and this year really doesn't count anyway.

He does deserve some credit for getting the farm back on track but it’s tough to overlook how consistently poor the pitching is 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

He does deserve some credit for getting the farm back on track but it’s tough to overlook how consistently poor the pitching is 

I get it, but what would you have done differently.  The fact is, pitching is extremely expensive, and when you have a team saddled with gigantic contracts and no pitching on the farm, it is very hard to fix that.  Five years it not enough, especially when you add in some bad injuries and a tragic death.  Not to mention you can't really count this season for anything.

1 minute ago, nate said:

I get it, but what would you have done differently.  The fact is, pitching is extremely expensive, and when you have a team saddled with gigantic contracts and no pitching on the farm, it is very hard to fix that.  Five years it not enough, especially when you add in some bad injuries and a tragic death.  Not to mention you can't really count this season for anything.

Yeah, I can agree with that assessment. It’s beyond frustrating to watch

10 minutes ago, RBM said:

Good then.

Eppler - really bad

Dipoto - reallly, really super bad. 

Arte needed to hire a true President of Baseball Operations type that would hire his own GM and coaches. Neither Eppler or Dipoto were experienced enough to fill that position. 

2 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Arte needed to hire a true President of Baseball Operations type that would hire his own GM and coaches. Neither Eppler or Dipoto were experienced enough to fill that position. 

At the time I said this team needed to poach Zaidi when they had the chance.

16 hours ago, FabulousFabregas said:

I really don't get how anybody defends Eppler. He's had 5 years and a lot of money and hasn't even put together an average pitching staff, and the team has not finished over .500 ONE TIME during his reign. He's the worst GM I've seen in my 20 years as an Angels fan. You can criticize Reagins and Dipoto, but we did win division titles and finish over .500 with them at the helm.

That's unfair.   Regains came to the franchise at a time we were dominating the west.  He didnt bring in the new takent.  We has the players already.

Dipshito is a disaster as he traded away our farm and signed the two most disastrous free agent signings in history.

Eppler came to the franchise when Moreno closed his pocketbook and had to field the team that had grave wholes with no room in the budget and no farm.

Now that doesnt mean Eppler deserves to keep his job.  The fact is the team hasn't improved during his five years.  However that he isn't anywhere close to the disaster of Dipshito. 

Edited by stormngt

1 hour ago, RBM said:

Isn’t that like saying Mussolini and Stalin were not as bad as Hitler...

Could be right.  However the original post argued that Eppler is worse than Dipshito.  He maybe Reagins gets a bad rap.  However Eppler has never made a move like the Wells trade.

1 hour ago, RendZone said:

He was a big supporter of Dipoto at the time of his hiring just like he loved Iannetta replacing Mathis. 

Dipoto talked a good game.  At the 2012 (?) spring fanfest he said one of his main goals was to leave the organization in better shape than when he took over as GM.  

What a great selling point.  Just too bad it was soft soap.

Dipoto, Eppler, Pujols suck. The guy who gave the drugs to Skaggs sucks. They all suck. The point is the Angels suck. Stop pin pointing blame and just realize this has not gone well for us, is not going well for us, and probably won't go too well for us in the near future.

This is an organization that just isn't that good...

12 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Dipoto, Eppler, Pujols suck. The guy who gave the drugs to Skaggs sucks. They all suck. The point is the Angels suck. Stop pin pointing blame and just realize this is has not gone well for us, is not going well for us, and probably won't go too well for us in the near future.

This is an organization that just isn't that good...

Bravo Wangin, now have another beer.

I think people are forgetting the shit show Eppler inherited.

When you have no assets and are strapped with not much cap space because of poor contracts and obligations, there really isn't a fair shot.

For fucks sake we were so strapped we had to bring in guys like Trevor Cahill and  Matt Harvey because there was no money. The biggest contract he has given out before Rendon was 38m to Cozart. And to be fair, we did offer Cole a record deal but he wanted to be a Yankee.

No one is going to GM a winner here with the resources he has to work with.

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think people are forgetting the shit show Eppler inherited.

When you have no assets and are strapped with not much cap space because of poor contracts and obligations, there really isn't a fair shot.

For fucks sake we were so strapped we had to bring in guys like Trevor Cahill and  Matt Harvey because there was no money. The biggest contract he has given out before Rendon was 38m to Cozart. And to be fair, we did offer Cole a record deal but he wanted to be a Yankee.

No one is going to GM a winner here with the resources he has to work with.

No one forgets. This is an organizational issue. Dumb shit has been happening for years because the people that run this team just aren't very good. It isn't rocket science.