• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler is worse than Dipoto and Reagins

I really don't get how anybody defends Eppler. He's had 5 years and a lot of money and hasn't even put together an average pitching staff, and the team has not finished over .500 ONE TIME during his reign. He's the worst GM I've seen in my 20 years as an Angels fan. You can criticize Reagins and Dipoto, but we did win division titles and finish over .500 with them at the helm.

Just now, failos said:

I actually agree. Reagins gets a lot of undeserved flack (along with deserved flack).

The only year the Angels were under .500 with Reagins as GM was 2010 after two straight division titles, and they won 86 games in his last year 2011. I remember them having a shot at the Wild Card that year until September hit. Dipoto's Angels were only under .500 in 2013, won the division in 2014, and in 2015 missed the playoffs by 1 game after his departure midseason. Eppler has been given 5 years and a lot of money, I don't see why anybody would want to hire him after failing to even field a .500 team.

16 minutes ago, FabulousFabregas said:

I really don't get how anybody defends Eppler. He's had 5 years and a lot of money and hasn't even put together an average pitching staff, and the team has not finished over .500 ONE TIME during his reign. He's the worst GM I've seen in my 20 years as an Angels fan. You can criticize Reagins and Dipoto, but we did win division titles and finish over .500 with them at the helm.

What percentage of your posts are complaints? Not trying to be a jerk but it seems like nothing the team does ever works for you.

It’s not shaping up to be a good year so Maybe it’s time to step away for a bit? I dunno.

Just now, FabulousFabregas said:

The only year the Angels were under .500 with Reagins as GM was 2010 after two straight division titles, and they won 86 games in his last year 2011. I remember them having a shot at the Wild Card that year until September hit. Dipoto's Angels were only under .500 in 2013, won the division in 2014, and in 2015 missed the playoffs by 1 game after his departure midseason. Eppler has been given 5 years and a lot of money, I don't see why anybody would want to hire him after failing to even field a .500 team.

Well the thing is, Eppler inherited a depleted system and some really shitty contracts due to Dipoto’s focus on short term success. I think that’s why people here give him a long leash.

I agree it’s taking a while for the team to win, but I somewhat get Dipoto’s approach and understand why people here defend him.

I’m personally not a huge fan, but I don’t think replacing him will give you the results you want.

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

What percentage of your posts are complaints? Not trying to be a jerk but it seems like nothing the team does ever works for you.

It’s not shaping up to be a good year so Maybe it’s time to step away for a bit? I dunno.

Forums are inherently for shooting the shit, especially with a poor team. It's how we laugh through the losses by bitching and trolling, this is all entertainment. When the team is doing well I'm cheering and fist pumping like everyone here. I did that plenty of times watching today until they blew the game, but those would make for boring forum posts. We all want to see the Angels be a good team.

In one way or another this organization has been hamstrung by mostly bad Arte decisions and a shitload of bad luck. Arte was sticking his chest out in 2014 only to find out that that team really wasn’t that good and showed no sustainability after that. The 2014 Kansas City Royals sucked the life out of this organization and they’ve never been close to returning to the postseason since then.

17 minutes ago, failos said:

Well the thing is, Eppler inherited a depleted system and some really shitty contracts due to Dipoto’s focus on short term success. I think that’s why people here give him a long leash.

I agree it’s taking a while for the team to win, but I somewhat get Dipoto’s approach and understand why people here defend him.

I’m personally not a huge fan, but I don’t think replacing him will give you the results you want.

The system was definitely depleted and we did have some bad deals, I was patient with Eppler for a few years because of that, but especially with his payroll (it was not drastically cut), he shouldn't get anymore than a few years. If this was a low payroll team you can think about giving someone a longer leash. A team like the Yankees is a good example on how to do a soft rebuild of a high level/big money team.

26 minutes ago, RendZone said:

In one way or another this organization has been hamstrung by mostly bad Arte decisions and a shitload of bad luck. Arte was sticking his chest out in 2014 only to find out that that team really wasn’t that good and showed no sustainability after that. The 2014 Kansas City Royals Josh Hamilton sucked the life out of this organization and they’ve never been close to returning to the postseason since then.

thanks.