• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Two Angels test positive for coronavirus

6 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

A lot of those are old people. 

I agree. Most of the people who are dying are old and previously sick. I think when the final numbers are understood, we will see that the death rate is lower than we anticipated, possibly much lower. 

But that is what I think, not what I know. Throwing out a statement like "this stupid virus is like the flu" is wishful thinking, not one based in fact. 

22 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Try staying on topic. We're just looking at the percentage. Under 10%. Ebola? Different story. 

Sorry, I will use simpler ideas next time. So to summarize your position,  covid is nothing to worry about because of the demographic it kills. Got it.

Good talk.

I had to get tested for a possible job. They shot that temp gun at my forehead and then pricked my finger to get some blood. 15 min later, I was cleared. If I get it, next time I go in, they are gonna do a swab on me and retest. I know I didn't have the virus but it was good to get the 100% clearance so I could go and see my niece without having to worry. 

22 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I believe most everyone has had this virus already, just contracted it or will eventually get and much to their surprise they had little to ZERO symptoms. Testing has ramped up, so there's obviously going to be more cases now than March, April and May. Duh!

There's a 99.8% if you've contracted this virus that you're going to live. If you just got it, the odds are in their favor. So please just stop! 

Unless you're grandma or grandpa or in shitty health, your chances are pretty damn good of surviving this novel flu. But these guys in professional sports don't fit the profile. They're mostly in tip top shape. If they have an underlying health condition, sit the season out. If you're a staff member wear a mask. 

I'll even add, I've read many stories of those in their 90's and a handful in their early 100's that have survived the Corona Virus. 

Everyone needs to chill. 

Agreed Chuck - these are young men in top physical shape they will be ok - the constant charts , graphs and endless predictions are breeding fear . Is this virus real - yes but the reaction is overblown - if we had charts , graphs , endless news stories on every virus we would never leave our homes again. 

6 hours ago, eligrba said:

Sorry, I will use simpler ideas next time. So to summarize your position,  covid is nothing to worry about because of the demographic it kills. Got it.

Good talk.

I believe there is a middle ground - is it serious ? Yes , Is it real ? Yes 

The problem is we keep getting people saying “ it’s too soon “ too soon to be in public , too soon to go to a baseball game , too soon for Disneyland to open etc etc . 

We hear a lot of “too soons “ if now is too soon when will it be ok ? When there’s a vaccine ? (12-18 months ) when it completely goes away ? ( years ) . We may have to come to grips with reality - this thing is going to be around for a while - so how do we go back to living life with it in our midst ? Let’s take baseball for example - it’s been common opinion that outdoors are safer . So let’s say Angel stadium holds 40,000 ( I should know the capacity ) so what If we capped admission to 10,000 game - leaving 30,000 seats to social distance outside ? 

We may have to think about things like this if this virus doesn’t go away ( it won’t anytime soon I hate to say - hope I’m wrong ) 

On 6/19/2020 at 9:32 PM, Chuckster70 said:

I believe most everyone has had this virus already, just contracted it or will eventually get and much to their surprise they had little to ZERO symptoms. Testing has ramped up, so there's obviously going to be more cases now than March, April and May. Duh!

There's a 99.8% if you've contracted this virus that you're going to live. If you just got it, the odds are in their favor. So please just stop! 

Unless you're grandma or grandpa or in shitty health, your chances are pretty damn good of surviving this novel flu. But these guys in professional sports don't fit the profile. They're mostly in tip top shape. If they have an underlying health condition, sit the season out. If you're a staff member wear a mask. 

I'll even add, I've read many stories of those in their 90's and a handful in their early 100's that have survived the Corona Virus. 

Everyone needs to chill. 

99.8% chance is not accurate. politicians and media are throwing false numbers at you to serve their own ends.

an accurate picture of the virus isn't found in the total number of people who have the virus. the picture is found in the people who had the virus. those who have had a resolution to their case. they got better or they died.

i've been tracking those numbers from near the beginning. at the height of the global pandemic the death rate in closed cases was 21%. that's a significant number. now, it's logical to predict that the death rate would lower as more cases closed, stress on hospitals eased, etc.

as of today that number sits at 9%. so let's be factual when we talk about this pandemic, because there's still 3.7 million people in the world who know they have this virus. will 9% of them die, i doubt it, but it's not .2% either. 

12 hours ago, vlad27 said:

I believe there is a middle ground - is it serious ? Yes , Is it real ? Yes 

The problem is we keep getting people saying “ it’s too soon “ too soon to be in public , too soon to go to a baseball game , too soon for Disneyland to open etc etc . 

We hear a lot of “too soons “ if now is too soon when will it be ok ? When there’s a vaccine ? (12-18 months ) when it completely goes away ? ( years ) . We may have to come to grips with reality - this thing is going to be around for a while - so how do we go back to living life with it in our midst ? Let’s take baseball for example - it’s been common opinion that outdoors are safer . So let’s say Angel stadium holds 40,000 ( I should know the capacity ) so what If we capped admission to 10,000 game - leaving 30,000 seats to social distance outside ? 

We may have to think about things like this if this virus doesn’t go away ( it won’t anytime soon I hate to say - hope I’m wrong ) 

I agree there is a middle ground, provided that it is guided by epidemiologists and scientists and not exclusively by morons.

I am not afraid about catching Covid, I am much more concerned about passing it to someone who is susceptible and would need medical treatment.  The ugly truth about people who die from Covid is that they die alone because they are quarantined. 

I blame my parents for thinking about others.

9 hours ago, ukyah said:

99.8% chance is not accurate. politicians and media are throwing false numbers at you to serve their own ends.

an accurate picture of the virus isn't found in the total number of people who have the virus. the picture is found in the people who had the virus. those who have had a resolution to their case. they got better or they died.

i've been tracking those numbers from near the beginning. at the height of the global pandemic the death rate in closed cases was 21%. that's a significant number. now, it's logical to predict that the death rate would lower as more cases closed, stress on hospitals eased, etc.

as of today that number sits at 9%. so let's be factual when we talk about this pandemic, because there's still 3.7 million people in the world who know they have this virus. will 9% of them die, i doubt it, but it's not .2% either. 

From World O Meter which is a non political, non partisan statistical analysis website.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/

20200621_094334.jpg

Honestly there's a good chance that our country has inflated these numbers and others like China have under reported so it may take a long time before we have more accurate statistics/numbers... or maybe we'll really never the truth. 

I also made a mistake in my original post as I meant to put 98% not 99.8%.

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

I agree there is a middle ground, provided that it is guided by epidemiologists and scientists and not exclusively by morons.

I am not afraid about catching Covid, I am much more concerned about passing it to someone who is susceptible and would need medical treatment.  The ugly truth about people who die from Covid is that they die alone because they are quarantined. 

I blame my parents for thinking about others.

That's where I'm at. I typically wear a mask when I'm in stores or in tight corners for this one reason.

You had great parents @ukyah

On 6/20/2020 at 12:30 PM, JustATroutFan said:

This stupid virus is like the flu. It's not like Ebola where a high percent of those who have it dies. The only crap that is different from the flu is that this BS doesn't have a vaccine yet while there is a vaccine for the flu. And even then, not a high percentage of people die from this crap, just like the flu. It is one of the big reason as to why the 2020 MLB season might be cancelled, though. People can't even enjoy their normal lives these days. 

Looking forward to your posts about asterisks if MLB goes with their March 26 agreement and Trout opts out (as would be his right under the agreement), because his wife is pregnant with his first child.

21 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Looking forward to your posts about asterisks if MLB goes with their March 26 agreement and Trout opts out (as would be his right under the agreement), because his wife is pregnant with his first child.

Good point, how many players have wives or significant others who are pregnant?     That is something to not risk being exposed to the virus for.

Comparing death rates is only one factor.  You also have to look at and compare the transmission rates.  That’s the difference between CV19 and others such as sars - it’s extremely contagious and thus much more dangerous.  A lot of a little is much less than a small amount of a huge amount.  It’s like comparing 1% ownership of Apple/Amazon to 100% ownership of a family business.  

8 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Comparing death rates is only one factor.  You also have to look at and compare the transmission rates.  That’s the difference between CV19 and others such as sars - it’s extremely contagious and thus much more dangerous.  A lot of a little is much less than a small amount of a huge amount.  It’s like comparing 1% ownership of Apple/Amazon to 100% ownership of a family business.  

Except it’s not as contagious as once thought.