• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Two Angels test positive for coronavirus

39 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Except it’s not as contagious as once thought.  

This is what is so confusing. At first people thought it floated around the air for a long time, before it settled on surfaces where it would live for days. Now they are saying it’s much harder to get from contact with infected surfaces, that it’s mostly spread from person to person. For a while they were saying asymptotic people spread it easily, now they don’t.

So right now, you have to be in an enclosed space with someone who is infected for a long time to catch it. Indoor places of gathering.

People need to just accept that there is a lot of unknown about the virus.  They say one thing and then a couple of weeks later say a different thing.  It doesn’t mean there’s malice.  It means that we don’t know everything and shit is confusing.  Wear a mask.  Avoid large crowds.  Particularly indoors.  Don’t be disgusting and properly clean.  Live life with the pandemic with reasonable precautions and be conscientious of others.  If everyone would just accept the masks in some necessary scenarios the transmission would be dramatically slowed. Necessary scenarios: indoors among others where good spacing is not possible at all times.  It’s not complicated. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Except it’s not as contagious as once thought.  

Except it is more contagious than the average flu.

Honestly, the normalization of this is astounding to me. The fact that people refuse to wear a simple basic mask when they go out is deeply troubling, it shows a basic lack of caring for their fellow human beings. It is such a simple thing to do: Live your life, do the necessary things you need to do, but practice basic physical distancing, wear a simple mask (very easy to put on, everyone is saying it), and practice good hand cleaning and basic hygiene.

Can't wait for an even more serious virus to be introduced and the immediate reaction is going to be, "Nah I don't need a mask, I'm good!".

6 minutes ago, ettin said:

Honestly, the normalization of this is astounding to me. The fact that people refuse to wear a simple basic mask when they go out is deeply troubling, it shows a basic lack of caring for their fellow human beings. It is such a simple thing to do: Live your life, do the necessary things you need to do, but practice basic physical distancing, wear a simple mask (very easy to put on, everyone is saying it), and practice good hand cleaning and basic hygiene.

Can't wait for an even more serious virus to be introduced and the immediate reaction is going to be, "Nah I don't need a mask, I'm good!".

The UPS guy delivered my package to me the other day with no mask on. I also answered the door with no mask so I don't know if I am also to blame. I keep my mask in the car and wear it when I go out shopping. I guess UPS doesn't mandate it's employees wear masks so they don't think it's that serious. Maybe he was supposed to and just broke the rules. I was honestly surprised he knocked and just didn't leave it on my front step.

I've seen families in the store and not all have a mask on. Sometimes I see the Dad with no mask. Sometimes it's the kids or the Mom. My point is that a lot of people aren't just going to be able to change their behavior over a couple of months. We've never had to do this before in my lifetime so it's still going to take a lot more time for people to adjust if more and more die. I liken it to driving; I can follow the rules of the road 100% but someone can still text and drive and run into me or run a red light and total my car and injure me. I just have to hope that I don't catch the virus and spread it to someone that might be at risk despite taking precautions.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I have it on good authority that you cannot get AIDS very easily if you wear a condom.

I only know one dude with HIV and he got it from a blood transfusion.   That being said I have no idea if he wore a rubber during the transfusion.  

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I have some very good anecdotal evidence about this but really can’t share on the forum.  Bottom line is it doesn’t spread as easily as we thought it did if you wash your hands, don’t go out if you are sick and you wear face masks.  

That's codeish for an In-N-Out employee had it and not many (or any) other people that were around them got infected at work and possibly in their homes.

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Bottom line is it doesn’t spread as easily as we thought it did if you wash your hands, don’t go out if you are sick and you wear face masks.  

Also, that's kind where we're at: if we do all the right things, we can drastically slow the spread.

On the other hand, if enough people do jack and pretend like it's the end of the world to wear a mask, we're stuck with this state of affairs for a decent while.

15 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

That's codeish for an In-N-Out employee had it and not many (or any) other people that were around them got infected at work and possibly in their homes.

That's cool that the virus was In-N-Out.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

The UPS guy delivered my package to me the other day with no mask on. I also answered the door with no mask so I don't know if I am also to blame. I keep my mask in the car and wear it when I go out shopping. I guess UPS doesn't mandate it's employees wear masks so they don't think it's that serious. Maybe he was supposed to and just broke the rules. I was honestly surprised he knocked and just didn't leave it on my front step.

I've seen families in the store and not all have a mask on. Sometimes I see the Dad with no mask. Sometimes it's the kids or the Mom. My point is that a lot of people aren't just going to be able to change their behavior over a couple of months. We've never had to do this before in my lifetime so it's still going to take a lot more time for people to adjust if more and more die. I liken it to driving; I can follow the rules of the road 100% but someone can still text and drive and run into me or run a red light and total my car and injure me. I just have to hope that I don't catch the virus and spread it to someone that might be at risk despite taking precautions.

Sure Beatles, I get it, sometimes my wife and I go walking and we suddenly realize we don't have our masks on (despite the fact no one is on the streets, we rarely run into people and everyone in my neighborhood is pretty conscious about physical distancing we feel stupid and usually turn around and go get them). I know it is a "habit" that we are not used to as a whole. My point is more to the fact that there are people out there who blatantly disregard the danger and by doing so they willfully put others in danger as well including family and friends or people they run into on the street.

There was a lady who recently visited a Trader Joe's in Palos Verdes, that went viral on YouTube, who was screaming at the manager because she was told she needed a mask. There have been others that run up and actually cough on people because they think the whole thing is a "hoax". There is some segment of the population that does not take this seriously at all and it won't be funny once one of their family members or friends gets put on a ventilator and is at serious risk of death.

Common sense should be ruling the day here (masks, physical distancing, hygiene, stressing the seriousness of how easy this virus transmits between humans) and the White House won't even acknowledge or mandate (or lead by example) those very basic preventative measures that can help save lives and possibly mitigate tragedies. It drives me nuts that science and facts are being ignored and lives are being lost because of ignorance and 'Merica!

Appreciate your response, Beatle.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I have some very good anecdotal evidence about this but really can’t share on the forum.  Bottom line is it doesn’t spread as easily as we thought it did if you wash your hands, don’t go out if you are sick and you wear face masks.  

There's the problem - "don't go out if you're sick" - basically, we're all dependent on the behavior of other people.

Hong Kong has had 1100 cases, and 5 deaths - despite having nearly the population and density of NYC - which had 216,000 cases and 21,719 deaths.

Why?  Everyone wears masks.

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/18/21262273/coronavirus-hong-kong-masks-deaths-new-york

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

Man, if you can’t share anecdotal evidence about a virus causing a global pandemic on a baseball forum, where can you?

20 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

People need to just accept that there is a lot of unknown about the virus.  They say one thing and then a couple of weeks later say a different thing.  It doesn’t mean there’s malice.  It means that we don’t know everything and shit is confusing.  Wear a mask.  Avoid large crowds.  Particularly indoors.  Don’t be disgusting and properly clean.  Live life with the pandemic with reasonable precautions and be conscientious of others.  If everyone would just accept the masks in some necessary scenarios the transmission would be dramatically slowed. Necessary scenarios: indoors among others where good spacing is not possible at all times.  It’s not complicated. 

Jesus, can we just pin this /\/\/\ post to the top of the board?

There is a lot we don't know.  I sure as hell don't know.  And the keyboard expert epidemiologists here are fucking batshit crazy

20 hours ago, ettin said:

If i had a word better than astounding, I'd use it.