• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Two Angels test positive for coronavirus

On 6/19/2020 at 9:24 PM, arch stanton said:

Any team that says they have had no positive cases is full of shit

I believe most everyone has had this virus already, just contracted it or will eventually get and much to their surprise they had little to ZERO symptoms. Testing has ramped up, so there's obviously going to be more cases now than March, April and May. Duh!

There's a 98% chance if you've contracted this virus that you're going to live. If you just got it, the odds are in their favor. So please just stop! 

Unless you're grandma or grandpa or in shitty health, your chances are pretty damn good of surviving this novel flu. But these guys in professional sports don't fit the profile. They're mostly in tip top shape. If they have an underlying health condition, sit the season out. If you're a staff member wear a mask. 

I'll even add, I've read many stories of those in their 90's and a handful in their early 100's that have survived the Corona Virus. 

Everyone needs to chill. 

Agree with Chuck, I'd hate to see everyone freak out about this.

Most of the PCR tests apparently have a very long tail off where you can test positive many weeks (possibly months?) after you've essentially recovered from the virus.  Even if you had it many weeks ago, the PCR tests still detect unviable virus RNA for quite a time afterwards.

We're now into the mode of testing lots of asymptomatic people (work place requirements, etc), so we are going to get a lot of positive tests that really are on the tail end of a prior infection.

And that's assuming they used PCR (nose/throat swab) tests here.  If they are blood antibody tests, then it's even more likely these positives are just revealing prior infections.

5 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Agree with Chuck, I'd hate to see everyone freak out about this.

Most of the PCR tests apparently have a very long tail off where you can test positive many weeks (possibly months?) after you've essentially recovered from the virus.  Even if you had it many weeks ago, the PCR tests still detect unviable virus RNA for quite a time afterwards.

We're now into the mode of testing lots of asymptomatic people (work place requirements, etc), so we are going to get a lot of positive tests that really are on the tail end of a prior infection.

And that's assuming they used PCR (nose/throat swab) tests here.  If they are blood antibody tests, then it's even more likely these positives are just revealing prior infections.

100% @Lazorko Saves

Essentially this is expected news.

I think the big concern is not the players, but the managers and coaches.  Several of them, our own manager included, are near the high risk age group.  Same thing with students and teachers.  The teachers are the ones at most risk.  What are the odds a manager dies from this?  Hopefully they can figure out a way to adapt to play MLB even with the virus present.  Maybe we can have the managers Zoom.  

5 minutes ago, Dreams said:

I think the big concern is not the players, but the managers and coaches.  Several of them, our own manager included, are near the high risk age group.  Same thing with students and teachers.  The teachers are the ones at most risk.  What are the odds a manager dies from this?  Hopefully they can figure out a way to adapt to play MLB even with the virus present.  Maybe we can have the managers Zoom.  

Definitely  @Dreams.

Maybe in the state of Washington most people have had it (probably not), but in So Cal I can tell you without a doubt that is false.  Most people haven’t had it.  Hell most people who have similar symptoms don’t have or didn’t have it.  This may sound silly because you all know what I do, but I deal with this quite a bit at work.   

This stupid virus is like the flu. It's not like Ebola where a high percent of those who have it dies. The only crap that is different from the flu is that this BS doesn't have a vaccine yet while there is a vaccine for the flu. And even then, not a high percentage of people die from this crap, just like the flu. It is one of the big reason as to why the 2020 MLB season might be cancelled, though. People can't even enjoy their normal lives these days. 

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

This stupid virus is like the flu. It's not like Ebola where a high percent of those who have it dies. The only crap that is different from the flu is that this BS doesn't have a vaccine yet while there is a vaccine for the flu. And even then, not a high percentage of people die from this crap, just like the flu. It is one of the big reason as to why the 2020 MLB season might be cancelled, though. People can't even enjoy their normal lives these days. 

@fishbulb

bat signal batman GIF by Tech Noir

2 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

You didn't know this, but we're gonna be best friends.

2 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Speechless...........

You should go for the complete set and post about how:

1. The holocaust never happened

2. We never landed on the moon

3. Vaccines cause autism

4. Climate change is a myth

8 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Speechless...........

You should go for the complete set and post about how:

1. The holocaust never happened

2. We never landed on the moon

3. Vaccines cause autism

4. Climate change is a myth

It's way under 10%, so apparently, what I said is pretty much accurate. Keep track, please.