• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't know what that means. It's 7.4% ABV and it's brewed with Boysenberries, Toasted Coconut, Vanilla, Maple Syrup, Cinnamon, Almonds and Milk Sugar.

I felt a tingle in my clit as I typed that.

I looked it up, it's actually "double vanilla."

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

and as far as Iran seeking to influence Iraq and comparing that to what we’re doing.  Sorry I don’t accept that either.  Iran and Iraq have all sorts of cultural ties.  They are literally neighboring countries.  There was a regime that was hostile to Iran and guess what ! We got rid of them.  We opened the door to Iranian intervention in Iraq.  A country they are justified in having interests in.  At least a far more of justified claim to intervention then we have.

Does it make sense from the Iranian point of view that they should tolerate an American proxy government in Baghdad ? You know history TORS.  Why would that be acceptable to Tehran ? 

Now were getting into a different discussion.

The reason I say that what Iran is doing is what we are doing, is simply to point out that the same standard people who disagree with our foreign policy use against our own government should be used against everyone else.

From my standpoint, what Iran is doing in Iraq, and to a the same extent Syria, Lebanon and the Golan, not to mention Afghanistan, is what we do. And they arent doing it for the greater good, or peacefully. Neither do we. But nobody should hold a different standard of their people are killed in the process.

Also keep in mind that Iranian intervention in Iraq is destabilizing. Not for us, for the region. The Sunnis dont want them there, and its one of the keys that led to ISIS being welcomed in the first place. 

Im not at all saying we are the good guy here. And neither are the Saudis, the other gulf states, etc etc. But Iran is supporting insurgency in almost every country in the region. You mention that Iraq and Iran share a border, fair enough. They dont share a border with Yemen or Lebanon, but they are doing the same.

Soleimani was not a good guy. And the shia death squads they support are every bit as bad as ISIS, just not as united.

5 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I find each day how hypocritical our politicians are.  Obama does something, cons hate it, libs like it.  Trump does something, cons like it, dems hate it.  Even the same things.

It’s because they’re all the same. Remember when R’s liked small government and D’s liked peace? It would be funny if it wasn’t so tragic. 

Edited by Lhalo

So Trump mentioned this a few times today, including at his rally tonight:

Trump claims Soleimani plotted to blow up US embassies - CNNPolitics
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/09/politics/trump-soleimani-us-embassy/index.html

But apparently it was never mentioned during the "gang of 8" briefing yesterday. So like usual, Trump is apparently making this shit up.

5 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Holy shit we are one step away from people posting tweets from @BaghdadBob's twitter account and acting like it's the New York fucking Times.

4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Don't attach my name to that crazy UTH quote.

Ok, my point was that that it’s very much unclear what was going on.  Apparently the senators in briefing yesterday didn’t buy the administrations story either.  1 side says one thing, the other side says another.  Who the hell knows.  And I don’t think I’m being crazy.  I think it’s fucking nuts to believe anything that our government says about war in the Middle East in particular.  Why on earth after everything over our lifetimes would you believe anything they say ?? I’m not saying to buy an Iranian or Iraqi narrative.  But I do think that we should view this with extreme skepticism. 

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Now were getting into a different discussion.

The reason I say that what Iran is doing is what we are doing, is simply to point out that the same standard people who disagree with our foreign policy use against our own government should be used against everyone else.

From my standpoint, what Iran is doing in Iraq, and to a the same extent Syria, Lebanon and the Golan, not to mention Afghanistan, is what we do. And they arent doing it for the greater good, or peacefully. Neither do we. But nobody should hold a different standard of their people are killed in the process.

Also keep in mind that Iranian intervention in Iraq is destabilizing. Not for us, for the region. The Sunnis dont want them there, and its one of the keys that led to ISIS being welcomed in the first place. 

Im not at all saying we are the good guy here. And neither are the Saudis, the other gulf states, etc etc. But Iran is supporting insurgency in almost every country in the region. You mention that Iraq and Iran share a border, fair enough. They dont share a border with Yemen or Lebanon, but they are doing the same.

Soleimani was not a good guy. And the shia death squads they support are every bit as bad as ISIS, just not as united.

I think you and I have very different views of the last century of middle eastern history and we’re kind of dancing around in circles.  We can try and narrow these topics down a bit if you’d like.  But look,  my intention is not to say that Iran is a “good” actor (also what would this even mean ? (Imo there are no good actors in this area).  Obviously the Iranians are guilty of heinous things.  But I think it’s important to take a lot of things into context when talking about this stuff.  We could have a pretty interesting talk about colonialism in the Middle East the various autocratic governments.  US intervention over more then 6 decades.  What’s is essentially a Cold War between Iran and Saudi Arabia.  Saudi incubation of violent Wahhabism (which has far more to do with ISIS then a response to the shia return to dominance in Iraq)  Anyway.  Maybe we should.  I am prepared to buy beers and weep about the Angels in addition.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

41 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think you and I have very different views of the last century of middle eastern history and we’re kind of dancing around in circles.  We can try and narrow these topics down a bit if you’d like.  But look,  my intention is not to say that Iran is a “good” actor (also what would this even mean ? (Imo there are no good actors in this area).  Obviously the Iranians are guilty of heinous things.  But I think it’s important to take a lot of things into context when talking about this stuff.  We could have a pretty interesting talk about colonialism in the Middle East the various autocratic governments.  US intervention over more then 6 decades.  What’s is essentially a Cold War between Iran and Saudi Arabia.  Saudi incubation of violent Wahhabism (which has far more to do with ISIS then a response to the shia return to dominance in Iraq)  Anyway.  Maybe we should.  I am prepared to buy beers and weep about the Angels in addition.  

Ill buy. Just remember, I reserve the right to both change my stance if you win the debate, as well as to make fun of @tanks movie list and strads fries, and get to blame it on the alcohol even before we drink the first one.

and P.S., to clarify, I agree with the majority of your take. Including Washington, there are no good guys participating over there.