• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

12 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Funny, I worked at a 7-11 for 4 years. There used to be a Native American dude who would come in every other day on his motorcycle to buy a pack of American Spirits (because of course). He was an asshole.

He has his own cd of him playing flute music. I told him I'd buy one off him, expecting it to be like $5. He fuckin charged me $20 for it. I was pissed. Why did I pay 20 bucks for Indian Flute music? 

That was when I knew I had become a dirty Lib.

you should've asked him if you could make payments on it as if you were buying a hat.

10 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I just... don't care about the golfing thing. Yeah he's a hypocrite but that shouldn't surprise anyone. 

I'd rather he spend his time golfing than trying to do political shit. And yes I'm aware he does political shit while golfing.

If I were President, I'd spend a lot of my time golfing too. Obama did. They all do. 

It's funny, but it's just ultimately a non issue.

I agree with this. lots of business goes on on a golf course. this is nothing new.

I feel the same way about getting bent over a POTUS not having served in the military. it's not a big issue to me.

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

Nice, Blarg. That's the first Rocky Horror Picture Show reference I've seen on AW.

On 6/24/2016 at 12:58 PM, Mark68 said:

I think more of Rocky Horror without muscles:

Rocky Horror.jpg

On 5/13/2016 at 6:27 PM, mrwicked said:

Tim Curry for lyfe!

Seriously rocky horror is awesome.. And he has a great post-up game.

On 11/2/2015 at 5:42 PM, Mark68 said:

Rocky Horror Picture Show

HBO was doing a marathon on Halloween. Caught the tail end of it (the last one and a half times through).

Reminded me of seeing it every weekend back in the day at Balboa Theatre and Orange Mall.

On 11/2/2015 at 7:52 PM, mrwicked said:

that movie is so f*cking awful by itself.

but going to a "show" of it was so f*cking fun. where everyone knows the lines and yells sh*t out and dresses up.

agreed, we used to go all the time in HS and college.

can't imagine going now, but maybe ill give it a go sometime for nostalgia.

as long as they serve booze.

12 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

So Trump mentioned this a few times today, including at his rally tonight:

Trump claims Soleimani plotted to blow up US embassies - CNNPolitics
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/09/politics/trump-soleimani-us-embassy/index.html

But apparently it was never mentioned during the "gang of 8" briefing yesterday. So like usual, Trump is apparently making this shit up.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was pressed on why he and the President have referenced threats to US embassies in the Middle East while some lawmakers claim they were not briefed on those threats behind closed doors.

Here's how he responded:

“We did (brief them on embassy threats). Yes. We told them about the imminent threat. All of the intelligence that we briefed – that you’ve heard today I assure you in an unclassified setting, we provide in the classified setting, as well,” Pompeo said. 

Pressed again, he said: “I’m not going to talk about the details of what we shared in a classified setting, but make no mistake about it: those leaders, those members of Congress who want to go access this same intelligence can see that very same intelligence that will reflect what I’m describing and what the president said last night.”

More about this: Two prominent Senate Republicans and congressional Democrats on Wednesday slammed the administration's briefing on the reasoning for the strike following briefings by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Secretary of Defense Mark Esper.

And multiple lawmakers said they saw no specific intelligence that pointed to an imminent threat from Soleimani that justified the strike.

Someone is lying here. I'm going to go out on a limb, and say it's Pompeo. 

30 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was pressed on why he and the President have referenced threats to US embassies in the Middle East while some lawmakers claim they were not briefed on those threats behind closed doors.

Here's how he responded:

“We did (brief them on embassy threats). Yes. We told them about the imminent threat. All of the intelligence that we briefed – that you’ve heard today I assure you in an unclassified setting, we provide in the classified setting, as well,” Pompeo said. 

Pressed again, he said: “I’m not going to talk about the details of what we shared in a classified setting, but make no mistake about it: those leaders, those members of Congress who want to go access this same intelligence can see that very same intelligence that will reflect what I’m describing and what the president said last night.”

More about this: Two prominent Senate Republicans and congressional Democrats on Wednesday slammed the administration's briefing on the reasoning for the strike following briefings by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Secretary of Defense Mark Esper.

And multiple lawmakers said they saw no specific intelligence that pointed to an imminent threat from Soleimani that justified the strike.

Dude. You're talking about public servants. Lying isn't something they would even consider

41 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Here's how he responded:

I'd say that both Pompeo & Trump are lying. But that's par for the course.

On 1/10/2020 at 12:20 AM, Tank said:

I agree with this. lots of business goes on on a golf course. this is nothing new.

I believe that the distinction comes when the current President has gone on record as criticizing how often that his predecessors played golf, then does 20 times as much of it. They also did not own the courses that they played on, and they did not stand to personally profit from it.

11 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I believe that the distinction comes when the current President has gone on record as criticizing how often that his predecessors played golf, then does 20 times as much of it. They also did not own the courses that they played on, and they did not stand to personally profit from it.

This is all true, but I still don't care. He's a hypocrite. Everything he's ever criticized another human being for doing, he's not only done it himself, but he does it regularly.

But golfing and profiting from being President is, unfortunately, a "Both Sides!" thing. 

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

But golfing and profiting from being President is, unfortunately, a "Both Sides!" thing. 

Everybody who has been President for at least the past 50-60 years has profited from it. I don't recall any, however, who so blatantly lined their own pockets directly from public money. Those Secret Service personnel and flight crews aren't staying at Mar-a-Lago for free.