• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Jars is too emotional to convey a rational thought.

This is my take on it. Iran is ultimately responsible since they fired the missile. You really can't debate that because they didn't have to retaliate but they chose to.  Where Trump comes into play for me with regards to this is he should have just left the Iran nuclear deal alone whether he thought it was a good deal or not. He didn't need to keep escalating the situation on his end, didn't need to keep imposing sanctions (which he is doing again) and so forth. Both sides just couldn't leave it alone and innocent people are getting caught in between, like they always do. 

Agree. That was a huge misstep, no idea why we pulled out of the deal

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

And it’s news to me that the Baghdad airport is a “combat” zone.   Sulimani was assassinated  by any reasonable definition of the word.   Eventually they’ll get their payback.   Unfortunately for whoever the poor bastard that gets it is. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

41 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Not the ones that own 7-11s, its about the ones who drink in front of them.

Funny, I worked at a 7-11 for 4 years. There used to be a Native American dude who would come in every other day on his motorcycle to buy a pack of American Spirits (because of course). He was an asshole.

He has his own cd of him playing flute music. I told him I'd buy one off him, expecting it to be like $5. He fuckin charged me $20 for it. I was pissed. Why did I pay 20 bucks for Indian Flute music? 

That was when I knew I had become a dirty Lib.

48 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

He pulled out of the deal because it plays well domestically.  In terms of the goal of keeping Iran denuclearized it’s a disaster.  

His opening sentence yesterday was interesting to say the least. After that he said Good morning and proceeded with the briefing. I think a message was sent.

IMG-0824.png

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/01/trump-wants-to-hide-secret-service-cost-of-family-trips.html

Though Trump promised during the campaign that he would “rarely leave the White House,” he has spent 114 days at his home in Mar-a-Lago and 75 days at Trump National Golf Club Bedminster in New Jersey. Full records of Secret Service spending are unavailable, but individual costs detailed over the years offer a glimpse of how much the agency is spending to protect our leisurely president — and why the administration might not want the details publicized in an election year.

In his first four trips to Mar-a-Lago in 2017, the Secret Service alone spent about $1.3 million on each visit. Just renting enough golf carts to follow the president — without hampering his ability to cheat on the green — has cost $588,000 since 2017, according to federal spending data available online. The Secret Service has also had to put taxpayer money directly into Trump’s pocket, spending at least $250,000 at Trump properties in the first five months of his term.

For just one month in 2017, Trump’s travel costs totaled $13.6 million, including expenditures by the Secret Service, the Department of Defense, and the cost of renting space and equipment. As the Post notes: “Trump has made 22 more trips to Mar-a-Lago since then … If the Secret Service’s costs remained constant, that would mean more than $28 million in further spending by the Secret Service alone, and $75 million from the government in all — and just on a fraction of Trump’s total travel.”

In contrast, and flouting Trump’s impression of his predecessor, the government reportedly spent around $96 million on travel for Obama over eight years. Less than two months into Trump’s term, the Secret Service asked Congress for a budget boost of $60 million to manage presidential travel.

Trump’s family, too, has proven to be a serious expense for the agency. As the Post notes: “Since their father was elected, Trump’s sons Eric and Donald Jr. have made business trips to overseas locales including Ireland, Scotland, Dubai, Uruguay, and India. In 2017, Eric Trump’s visit to a Trump building under construction in Uruguay cost taxpayers $97,000.” Last September, the Secret Service also put in a bid to buy Jet Skis, so that federal agents could protect the Trump family off the shore of Mar-a-Lago.

I wonder how outraged Trump-supporting conservatives would be if they learned how much of their taxpayer money is being used for the Trump family's travel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Trump uses tax money to stay at one of his properties, doesn't he make that money back because it's being spent at his properties?

@Make Angels Great Again, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

I just... don't care about the golfing thing. Yeah he's a hypocrite but that shouldn't surprise anyone. 

I'd rather he spend his time golfing than trying to do political shit. And yes I'm aware he does political shit while golfing.

If I were President, I'd spend a lot of my time golfing too. Obama did. They all do. 

It's funny, but it's just ultimately a non issue.

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I just... don't care about the golfing thing. Yeah he's a hypocrite but that shouldn't surprise anyone. 

I'd rather he spend his time golfing than trying to do political shit. And yes I'm aware he does political shit while golfing.

If I were President, I'd spend a lot of my time golfing too. Obama did. They all do. 

It's funny, but it's just ultimately a non issue.

Wait, what? It's not just about golfing. It's about him traveling to and hosting political events at Trump properties. Obama cost taxpayers $96M for travel in 8 years. Trump surpassed that total in a few months.

There's also a huge conflict of interest that goes beyond, "LoL wHeN hE's GoLfInG hE cAn'T dO sTuPiD tRuMp ThInGs." Taxpayer money is being funneled into his properties.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Wait, what? It's not just about golfing. It's about him traveling to and hosting political events at Trump properties. Obama cost taxpayers $96M for travel in 8 years. Trump surpassed that total in a few months.

There's also a huge conflict of interest that goes beyond, "LoL wHeN hE's GoLfInG hE cAn'T dO sTuPiD tRuMp ThInGs." Taxpayer money is being funneled into his properties.

Keep up the good fight, bruh 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I understand that. And yes I'm sure Trump has benefited financially from being President. Add it to the pile.

But people use "golfing" as this big point of interest. Hell there's a link on the front page of Reddit of a graph showing how many days he has spent golfing since becoming president. Who gives a fuck? We all know he's corrupt. He's a politician. He's just awful at hiding it, because he doesn't care. Why bother when he gets away with it?

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.  All of this stuff should rightly be put onto a rocket fired directly up their assholes.  One of these days.

no one will ever convince me that the whole system isn’t collapsing.  It’s unviable.  It’s beyond redeeming. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

30 minutes ago, Taylor said:

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/01/trump-wants-to-hide-secret-service-cost-of-family-trips.html

I wonder how outraged Trump-supporting conservatives would be if they learned how much of their taxpayer money is being used for the Trump family's travel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Trump uses tax money to stay at one of his properties, doesn't he make that money back because it's being spent at his properties?

@Make Angels Great Again, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

It sounds insane, if the figures are accurate and it's something I would obviously like to see rolled back. The figures sound ridiculous enough when compared against Obama that it makes me skeptical of their accuracy.

The line of "our leisurely president" by the author of this article makes me think there's a slant at play, which adds to the skepticism.

I'd like to see pretty much all spending curtailed by hilarious levels, so yeah that would just add to the pile.

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I understand that. And yes I'm sure Trump has benefited financially from being President. Add it to the pile.

But people use "golfing" as this big point of interest. Hell there's a link on the front page of Reddit of a graph showing how many days he has spent golfing since becoming president. Who gives a fuck? We all know he's corrupt. He's a politician. He's just awful at hiding it, because he doesn't care. Why bother when he gets away with it?

He obviously "gives a fuck," otherwise he wouldn't be hiding the cost. 

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

He obviously "gives a fuck," otherwise he wouldn't be hiding the cost. 

Sure, but you know the cost will come out, the left will go into an uproar, and nothing will happen. And Trump's base will not give a single fuck. So he'll get away with it. 

3 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I found a picture of him actually making music. Seems like the guy he's playing to is enjoying it.

Image result for native american scandal

He used to be on YouTube. I can't find him or remember his name. John "Generic Native American Name". Something like that.

23 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If only you would have voted harder

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

The only thing anyone needs to know is he will blame someone else for what he does 10 times over and it sells for him. I imagine when he gets right to the 2020 campaign circuit we will hear about Obama's golf again.  I did include a depiction of Trump transparency below. 

download (13).jpg