• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

12 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Late to this thread.

Reference the above, the Iranians were fully involved in Iraq. The Sunni groups like AQI got all the pub, and to be fair, were the bigger problem. But it was the Shia groups that came out on top.... who were financed and led by Iran. 

The EFP devices Iran supplied were the biggest threat, by far, we faced during the Iraq war. 

The biggest foreign policy fuckup we made in decades was Iraq, because of how much it empowered Iran. Iran is more or less running Iraq now... which is one of the keys that led to ISIS coming to power in western Iraq.

Now the Saudis and other gulf states are scrambling to counterpunch. This is what Yemen is about. And a good deal of Syria. 

To answer @wopphils question from a few days back. Iran doesnt have the capability to do a whole lot against us, conventionally. The media, and social media, are going overboard with the WW3 bullshit.

But EVERYTHING in Iraq right now is on the table. I would expect them to mine the gulf. They can fire missiles at our shipping. Things like that. They will continue to assist with anti US groups in the region, including Afghanistan.

Lebanon in the 80s was all Iran's work, too..... so that gives an idea of what they can do.

Iran’s whole thing is asymmetrical warfare.  They are very good at it.  Some of these warhawk guys talk about overthrowing the regime and that presumably can mean an invasion (ridiculous) of Iran.  Barring the use of nuclear weapons we would lose a war that involved invading Iran.  

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Seriously.  Go look at a topographical map of Iran and imagine how moving armored units would go.  The only people who think direct war with Iran is a workable idea are chicken hawk faggots like Mike Pompeo.  

Wow 

19 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Iran’s whole thing is asymmetrical warfare.  They are very good at it.  Some of these warhawk guys talk about overthrowing the regime and that presumably can mean an invasion (ridiculous) of Iran.  Barring the use of nuclear weapons we would lose a war that involved invading Iran.  

Who's talking about invasion?

It’s been holy grail for these fuckers (Pompeo, Bolton etc) for years.  I’m not talking about anything specific right now.   @ten ocho recon scout was talking about war generally.  I agree that right now, that isn’t the situation or close to it.  The concern is out of control escalation.  Who knows where that goes. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

One thing of interest, thats kind of weird. 

The Iranian people, from my understanding, arent real big on the govt. I haven't been there (yet), but a handful of friends have (and Ive dabbled in "persian" women from time to time).

I say ironic, because the people of Iran (at least from what Ive been told) arent too supportive of the government, and want to modernize. And Iran is the enemy. Meanwhile, the people of Iraq.... our...:"ally".... support the Mullahs... and prefer fundamentalism...

The whole region is an enigma. 

43 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Let me add here that, to piggyback on what I said above about foreign policy mistakes, fucking the kurds over is another HUGE screw up, that we will regret for decades....

I don't understand why we haven't backed a Kurdish state. Who cares if Erdogan doesn't want it? Those assholes should have been booted from NATO years ago anyway.

3 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I don't understand why we haven't backed a Kurdish state. Who cares if Erdogan doesn't want it? Those assholes should have been booted from NATO years ago anyway.

Unfortunately, as long as russia is still russia, we will continue to need turkey.

If in some magic world, us and russia ever hugged and made friends, we would likely bail on them faster than the big girl you woke up next to after your 23rd birthday.

And at least she got a BS story like "i forgot i have to help my friend move today". In turkey, we would just say something like "and iverson was done when he got out here, anyway"

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Let me add here that, to piggyback on what I said above about foreign policy mistakes, fucking the kurds over is another HUGE screw up, that we will regret for decades....

The KDP voted to evict the US military from Iraq yesterday.  Probably something one would have imagined unthinkable 1 year ago. 

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The KDP voted to evict the US military from Iraq yesterday.  Probably something one would have imagined unthinkable 1 year ago. 

Associated Press

Thu 27 Dec 2018 14.43 GMTLast modified on Fri 28 Dec 2018 00.10 GMT

Politicians from Iraq’s parliament called for vote to expel US forces and promised to schedule session to debate the matter

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/dec/27/iraq-trump-visit-us-troops-lawmakers-demand-leave

43 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

If in some magic world, us and russia ever hugged and made friends, we would likely bail on them faster than the big girl you woke up next to after your 23rd birthday.

Did anyone else read this as the big girl being the one who bailed?