• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Silver Lining: Your Memorable Pujols Angels Moment/Game

4 minutes ago, RendZone said:

To be honest I’m not sure if it was the right foot plantar fasciitis that bothered me the most or when he also got it in his left foot. 

Actually when he had surgery on his right knee it didn’t bother me as much as when he had to have surgery on his left knee.

Pulled hamstrings and tight calf muscles along the way were also a joy. Yep his 8 seasons so far have been a fun ride. I think he did get into one All Star game as a backup during his time here. 

Two more seasons of Albert and we can all look forward to Mike Trout in his 30’s.

And what do we have to look forward to you here?

@Stradling and @yk9001 I come here so infrequently. Can you give me some point / counterpoint on the Korean Baseball League. Please feel free to include personal digs in your positions.  

As for Albert, the signing was the greatest thing.  Best thing he did with the stick. Got me motivated during a hot stove. Dude broke down. Im not bitter (about that.) 

Just now, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

@Stradling and @yk9001 I come here so infrequently. Can you give me some point / counterpoint on the Korean Baseball League. Please feel free to include personal digs in your positions.  

As for Albert, the signing was the greatest thing.  Best thing he did with the stick. Got me motivated during a hot stove. Dude broke down. Im not bitter (about that.) 

I haven’t watched much of the Korean League, if I am watching TV at 10:30 at night it is something the wife and I both enjoy.  As for @yk9001, he called me some old white MAGA, yet also talks about how early he goes to sleep.  So there isn’t a chance in the world he has watched much of it to form an opinion.  So since that is the case, mark him down as hating it, because well he’s yk and everything is dumb.  At this point I Stand Up to Cancer, not because of the effect he had on my family, I do it because it bothers some dude I will probably never meet.  And I am the weirdo.  

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I haven’t watched much of the Korean League, if I am watching TV at 10:30 at night it is something the wife and I both enjoy.  As for @yk9001, he called me some old white MAGA, yet also talks about how early he goes to sleep.  So there isn’t a chance in the world he has watched much of it to form an opinion.  So since that is the case, mark him down as hating it, because well he’s yk and everything is dumb.  At this point I Stand Up to Cancer, not because of the effect he had on my family, I do it because it bothers some dude I will probably never meet.  And I am the weirdo.  

You guys have never met?  I just figured this feud all stemmed from a bad slide into second during the AW annual softball game, where not only the two dudes at the bag got hurt, but half of the old overweight guys just watching the play on the field and in the dugout.  God I miss those games. 

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

You guys have never met?  I just figured this feud all stemmed from a bad slide into second during the AW annual softball game, where not only the two dudes at the bag got hurt, but half of the old overweight guys just watching the play on the field and in the dugout.  God I miss those games. 

You were my 2nd pick one year.  Who knows maybe we met.  I remember you, Chuck, Adam, Brandon, AO, Glen, not many more.  

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

I showed up late that year and missed it, but heard dudes talking about it in the dugout. Didn't the dude get kicked out of the game and it wasn't just a slide into a base during a non-competitive beer league type of game, but I think the dude wiped out someone's kid which made it worse.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You were my 2nd pick one year.  Who knows maybe we met.  I remember you, Chuck, Adam, Brandon, AO, Glen, not many more.  

I think you picked me about 6 rounds too high but I value that.  Tank was on our team at least one year, I think 2.  I only played 2 I think. 

1 minute ago, Latrell said:

I showed up late that year and missed it, but heard dudes talking about it in the dugout. Didn't the dude get kicked out of the game and it wasn't just a slide into a base during a non-competitive beer league type of game, but I think the dude wiped out someone's kid which made it worse.

I don’t remember that.   Was that the game Chuck thought he was a SS?  I remember you showing up late and you had a girl with you and you two hung out under a tree.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I don’t remember that.   Was that the game Chuck thought he was a SS?  I remember you showing up late and you had a girl with you and you two hung out under a tree.  

I honestly mix up the games. I think I played in three. The first two are blurry because we played at the same exact field....first one I was on the first base side, the second I was on the 3rd base side.

I showed up late but only missed an inning and went straight to the dugout.....I feel like this was the game where our pics are here on the site and I was wearing the Ron Mexico shirt when the Michael Vick story came out and everyone was complimenting the shirt. I thought that was the game of the slide. Actually, maybe the slide was into Chuck's brother in law. My girlfriend at the time just took all my belongings and sat on the bleachers so I could jump into the dugout right away.

The second game, I barely remember. I just remember some dude from here trying to hit on my Asian chick I was dating and just laughing and her being uncomfortable. This was also the game where we went to Danny K's after....I remember this because we all watched the Angels game and then David Beckham's first game for the Galaxy was right after and some of us stayed longer to watch it.

The third was the first time we did the tournament format type of thing with multiple teams. I did get there early and got to meet a bunch of people before the game started.....wopphil, Mark, James (JPWells). I made a crazy diving catch in left down the line that was probably once in a lifetime luck and LTH called me "Hollywood". After the games I remember standing behind Adam and he didn't know it and said, "Hilarious, Brand.....Latrell brought another dime piece"....which makes me laugh because now that I think about it, I brought three different chicks to each game. This was also the one where we all went under the A at the stadium and did an event. Half my time during the game was with Lou, who had two extra diamond club tix, and the other half in the suite we all pitched in on.

Wait....I might have messed this whole thing up but am too lazy to delete and start over. I'm missing a year and a game because there was a time I was dating someone from here (of all places) and her and I also were there one year under the A...that might be the Lou diamond club game. Shit, maybe I played in four straight years or the last year we didn't play a game and just did the tailgate get together. This last one was the one where Tim Mead came out and talked with us.

So many years ago. This had to be '07-'09 or '10.

I'm going to go slightly off script and say that it isn't one game or moment, its how he has mentored Trout into being who he is.
I think it tells us a great deal about Pujols the man, by what we see in Trout the man. 
We paid for the lesser years, no question, in terms of the athlete himself, but what we got in Trout might well have been worth it. 

On 5/9/2020 at 10:08 AM, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

On 5/9/2020 at 10:13 AM, Stradling said:

On 5/9/2020 at 10:25 AM, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

I don't have any beef with Stradling.  Stradling takes personal offense to me writing that Pujols has sucked as an Angel.  Pujols has, in my opinion been a scourge on this franchise, a ten year blight that having the best player in the majors can't overcome. Stradling feels the need to defend him.  I go to bed early because I get up early for work.  If that's a problem, so be it.  As far as Stradling being a maga, I absolutely think he is.  He and a bunch of this board. 

There was an episode of the very underrated 1970's sitcom Taxi that reminds me of the posters on this board.  A new cabbie was starting, and the Judd Hirsch character was introducing her to the rest of the cabbies.  This one over here, he's a boxer.  That one, he's an actor.  This one, she's an art dealer.  Even though they came in and drove a taxi every day to make a living, none of them were actually cabbies.  Alex, the Judd Hirsch character, was actually the only cabbie in the whole place!!

I spent some time on the politics board here.  These 7 guys posting every day, they all just hated Hillary.  Those two over there, they didn't vote at all.  This one hates Newsom.  These three over there just strongly believe in a well-regulated militia.  Only like  Chuck and two others, they are the only ones who voted for Trump! Can you believe it??? giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I don't have any beef with Stradling.  Stradling takes personal offense to me writing that Pujols has sucked as an Angel.  Pujols has, in my opinion been a scourge on this franchise, a ten year blight that having the best player in the majors can't overcome. Stradling feels the need to defend him.  I go to bed early because I get up early for work.  If that's a problem, so be it.  As far as Stradling being a maga, I absolutely think he is.  He and a bunch of this board. 

There was an episode of the very underrated 1970's sitcom Taxi that reminds me of the posters on this board.  A new cabbie was starting, and the Judd Hirsch character was introducing her to the rest of the cabbies.  This one over here, he's a boxer.  That one, he's an actor.  This one, she's an art dealer.  Even though they came in and drove a taxi every day to make a living, none of them were actually cabbies.  Alex, the Judd Hirsch character, was actually the only cabbie in the whole place!!

I spent some time on the politics board here.  These 7 guys posting every day, they all just hated Hillary.  Those two over there, they didn't vote at all.  This one hates Newsom.  These three over there just strongly believe in a well-regulated militia.  Only like  Chuck and two others, they are the only ones who voted for Trump! Can you believe it??? giphy.gif

To be fair, Stradling defends the entire Angels organization no matter what. With Skaggs death “oh it was just one guy acting on his own and the team didn’t know”

With the baseball secret substance guy selling to other teams “oh it was just one guy acting on his own and the team didn’t know”

sure ok

12 minutes ago, RendZone said:

To be fair, Stradling defends the entire Angels organization no matter what. With Skaggs death “oh it was just one guy acting on his own and the team didn’t know”

With the baseball secret substance guy selling to other teams “oh it was just one guy acting on his own and the team didn’t know”

sure ok

ok.  I think Stradling is also the guy who thought the Angels should revoke the LA Times press passes because of the editorial cartoon of the Angels and the grim reaper (Skaggs death).  If I am wrong, someone can correct me.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

ok.  I think Stradling is also the guy who thought the Angels should revoke the LA Times press passes because of the editorial cartoon of the Angels and the grim reaper (Skaggs death).  If I am wrong, someone can correct me.

Dude has been rumored to wear Angels pajamas so leave it at that.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

I would have zero issue with them revoking the press pass of the individual that posted it.  

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

You're adorable, you hate everything to get attention, I give you attention and then of course it bothers you.  As far as being a MAGA, yea, bullshit.  Swing on by the poli sci board and you'll see that isn't the case.  I consider myself republican fiscally, at the same time I don't hide behind religion like the Magas, I don't hate the gays, and its hard to get behind the twitter king.