• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member today and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Silver Lining: Your Memorable Pujols Angels Moment/Game

His contract is almost up, he isn't coming back after 2021 (we think).  What is the game(s)/moment/hit you will remember this glorious era by?  

For me, it will be the May game in 2012 when he finally hit his first homer, which from that point forward offered a glimmer of hope suggesting he still had a little left in him.  From that game to the end of the season (127 games), he hit .305/.365/.569.  Of course he never had an OPS over .800 again after that, but whatever.  

Didn't think his #500 or #600 home runs count as a memorable Angels memory.

A game in April of 2012 against the Astros when Albert hit a walk-off double to score Mike Trout who made a mad dash from 1st base. We were sitting on the third base side up a ways and had a perfect view.

I'm going to look that game up because now I'm wondering if it was 2012.

edit: April 13, 2013. Two-run walkoff double.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/ANA/ANA201304130.shtml

Two memories:

1) The bow-and-arrow 9th inning in 2014 - his RBI double and his reaction after. 

Even though it was clear at that point that his contract was going to be a (probably massive) disappointment, it was fun to see him come up huge in a moment like that when his - and the Angels - pride were on the line. A brief glimpse into the pride of a once-great player. 

2) June 2015. Albert hit .303 for the month, but more importantly he hit 13 home runs in 27 games, leading to his only All Star appearance for the Angels. He had a 1.132 OPS and 182 OPS+ for the month. 

Although I certainly follow baseball closely and am usually aware of stats, and certainly history, I do not watch NL teams on a daily basis like I do AL. It was amazing to think Holy shit, this is what Cardinals fans got to see for 11 straight years? It's easy to understand why they love him in a way that Angels fans never will, and thus vice-versa. 

Just now, yk9001 said:

You had a 50/50 shot at getting it right.  

You didn't get it right.

Yes, but in the end I am winning because I don’t let it bother me.  I don’t litter every thread with the nonsense.  Also it gives me ample opportunity to give shit to the guys that can’t get over it.  Also, it isn’t my money.  

7 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Oh yeah, you banish people to the cornfield when you don't like what they post.

A frigging weirdo.

I don’t banish anyone.  You like to be the guy that hates everything and you like the attention it gets you.  I give you that attention.  You’re welcome.

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

When Gal Gadot starts following my posts and commenting every time I post, I'll like it.  

I don't have any interest in old maga dudes following my every move.

Cool, good for you Brian Ilten doesn’t post here anymore.  KC has left you alone.   I am far from a Maga.  We have come to a point in society where we make gross assumptions based on disagreements.  

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yes, but in the end I am winning because I don’t let it bother me.  I don’t litter every thread with the nonsense.  Also it gives me ample opportunity to give shit to the guys that can’t get over it.  Also, it isn’t my money.  

But you do get bothered by it. The Angels signed Albert to help take the team to the next level. Eight years have passed and that never happened. What’s worse is that he took Trout’s MVP seasons along for the ride. 

Albert brought with him a lot of false hope. The organization had won a lot more games in the eight years prior to signing Pujols. Now looking at four straight losing seasons, but you’re winning...ok

2 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

What does this mean?

Pujols was supposed to perform at a high level. That’s what they signed him for. His fail to do so and being in the middle of the order mostly during his declining years with his countless injuries has directly impacted Trout’s career with his lack of postseason appearances. 

23 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Pujols was supposed to perform at a high level. That’s what they signed him for. His fail to do so and being in the middle of the order mostly during his declining years with his countless injuries has directly impacted Trout’s career with his lack of postseason appearances. 

Damn nigga. My dial up internet is shotty so my time is limited here and I have to read this bullshit?

What's your second favorite moment, when he got plantar fasciitis?

39 minutes ago, Latrell said:

Damn nigga. My dial up internet is shotty so my time is limited here and I have to read this bullshit?

What's your second favorite moment, when he got plantar fasciitis?

To be honest I’m not sure if it was the right foot plantar fasciitis that bothered me the most or when he also got it in his left foot. 

Actually when he had surgery on his right knee it didn’t bother me as much as when he had to have surgery on his left knee.

Pulled hamstrings and tight calf muscles along the way were also a joy. Yep his 8 seasons so far have been a fun ride. I think he did get into one All Star game as a backup during his time here. 

Two more seasons of Albert and we can all look forward to Mike Trout in his 30’s.

Edited by RendZone