• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is your best meal you can cook?

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I bought my wife a sous vide but she hasn’t used it yet.  I’ve also read it’s the best way to reheat foods like brisket and tri tip.  

Isn’t @red321 the one who uses a soul vide a lot? Not sure if that’s accurate or why it stands out for me.

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

@Brandon I have seen the pictures of your meals on FB, they look legit.  I don’t know if I have ever had home made cream corn, but I would be willing to give it a go.  I imagine with some green chilies it could be pretty legit.  

Thanks man. That means a lot because I think my pictures are terrible and don't do the dishes justice, plus I suck at plating or presentation.....I usually just want to eat so I load up the plate not thinking, but then my friend reminds me how long we too or the love put in so I take a pic and share it. The girl I cook with is a monster in the kitchen and it's been kind of like one of those cooking shows where I come up with an ingredient and then we'll base our shopping list or meal behind it and run with it. It's been creative and fun.....and because of quarantine we generally make multiple meals and snacks a day that I don't even post up. I think next is, we are going to do chilaquiles and want to do pizza....hope it comes out like the one your wife did in the pic. 

As for the cream corn, I'll get you a recipe from her and my grandmother. The one we made the other night is maybe a bit on the sweeter side or basic while one of my grandmothers is from Alabama and she throws in some heat with paprika and/or cayenne. Both have similar ingredients and a great thickness and texture...and the good news is it's simple to make, so you can customize it with things like green chilies or spices. Which by the way, is a good idea.

Did a beef tenerdoin (2 lbs) last night.  First time doing one. Turned out okay.  Made an error that kinda messed with the finished product, but did not really alter taste that much. 

Make some pretty good homemade Italian meatballs.  Cooking is fun and creative, but it can get difficult when you have kids who are pretty limited in their palates.  (Young adults, so screw them.  I make it.  You eat it.  I still try to be considerate, though.)

12 hours ago, Tank said:

Isn’t @red321 the one who uses a soul vide a lot? Not sure if that’s accurate or why it stands out for me.

Yes. We use sous vide. Great for cooking frozen meats. Buy a big Costco pack. Season. Vacuum seal and freeze. When ready Throw it in Sous vide bath and forget for 10-20 hours depending on level of tenderness you want. Reverse sear at end. 
still prefer my wood smoker though. I have that dialed in for most things. 

my signature dish though. Gumbo. 

I make pretty good oxtails. You could almost call it a stew really, as it's finished in a crock pot and I'll add in potatoes (sometimes other stuff too) toward the end. The oxtail recipe is sort of something I made up on my own over time, and I've got it to a point that I really like.

I'd really like to start getting into Indian cooking. I freaking love Indian food, and the idea of playing around with so many different cooking techniques and the absolute boat load of spices that go into Indian meals sounds pretty fun to me.

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

As for the cream corn, I'll get you a recipe from her and my grandmother. The one we made the other night is maybe a bit on the sweeter side or basic while one of my grandmothers is from Alabama and she throws in some heat with paprika and/or cayenne. Both have similar ingredients and a great thickness and texture...and the good news is it's simple to make, so you can customize it with things like green chilies or spices. Which by the way, is a good idea.

I’d be interested in that recipe, too.

1 hour ago, Don said:

I make pretty good oxtails. You could almost call it a stew really, as it's finished in a crock pot and I'll add in potatoes (sometimes other stuff too) toward the end. The oxtail recipe is sort of something I made up on my own over time, and I've got it to a point that I really like.

I'd really like to start getting into Indian cooking. I freaking love Indian food, and the idea of playing around with so many different cooking techniques and the absolute boat load of spices that go into Indian meals sounds pretty fun to me.

Let me see if I can get something for you.

One of the meals Strad mentioned that I posted was butter chicken (basically just chicken curry, basmati rice, and naan. I'm not a big Indian food person, but wanted to expand my horizons. Still not an Indian food person, but if I was I would have loved what we made. Even without liking Indian food I thought it was ok, so if you love Indian food this would be up your alley.

93436677_10217363520666216_5238190192065 

29 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Thats funny @Brandon. Chick im dating us a super chef. Weve been cooking a ton lately. But like you said, shes doing like 97 percent of it.... i get the pans ready, and clean the dishes. But its still a team effort.

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie....I'm the same. I come up with the ideas or things to add, but she does all the magic. There are a couple dishes I do myself that she likes and just do them while she is cooking, but like you it's mostly doing shit like whisking the eggs or mashing the potatoes....the grunt shit, and doing dishes while cooking on things we don't need to use anymore. I'd like to follow her more, but she's so damn fast with everything I can't pay attention while doing something else.

But here is the good news, she gets such a kick out of the kitchen she will come in and do all my dishes! She will empty the dishwasher and also add the new ones plus whatever she makes as a snack and will run it. She also buys almost all the groceries that we cook with....it's like I have a sugar momma.

50 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie....I'm the same. I come up with the ideas or things to add, but she does all the magic. There are a couple dishes I do myself that she likes and just do them while she is cooking, but like you it's mostly doing shit like whisking the eggs or mashing the potatoes....the grunt shit, and doing dishes while cooking on things we don't need to use anymore. I'd like to follow her more, but she's so damn fast with everything I can't pay attention while doing something else.

But here is the good news, she gets such a kick out of the kitchen she will come in and do all my dishes! She will empty the dishwasher and also add the new ones plus whatever she makes as a snack and will run it. She also buys almost all the groceries that we cook with....it's like I have a sugar momma.

Youre winning this round, amigo. Keep giving her positive reinforcement, and letting her know how much fun shes having.... meanwhile youre texting her recipes of stuff you thought could only be done in a restaraunt. 

Ill say this, I never realized how easy some of this stuff is. Just making the sauces is like the hardest part. The other part, like whatever protein youre making, is pretty easy.

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Youre winning this round, amigo. Keep giving her positive reinforcement, and letting her know how much fun shes having.... meanwhile youre texting her recipes of stuff you thought could only be done in a restaraunt. 

Ill say this, I never realized how easy some of this stuff is. Just making the sauces is like the hardest part. The other part, like whatever protein youre making, is pretty easy.

It's weird. I don't even need to give her props, she just likes cooking and the ideas I come up with half the time. One time I took her dog for a walk and came back to a mopped floor, dishes done, and bed made.....and then she proceeded to cook. And I don't even have to date her!?!

You're right though, a lot of shit is pretty easy, it's just the ingredients to make certain components like sauce, seasonings, etc. I just get jealous that she's so experienced that she just glances at the recipe and goes to town while someone like me would read every direction step by step.

25 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It's weird. I don't even need to give her props, she just likes cooking and the ideas I come up with half the time. One time I took her dog for a walk and came back to a mopped floor, dishes done, and bed made.....and then she proceeded to cook. And I don't even have to date her!?!

You're right though, a lot of shit is pretty easy, it's just the ingredients to make certain components like sauce, seasonings, etc. I just get jealous that she's so experienced that she just glances at the recipe and goes to town while someone like me would read every direction step by step.

How far away is she from getting her green card?