• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is your best meal you can cook?

With the quarantine my friend and I have cooked a ton and it kicked back up my cooking interest to where it used to be. Granted, she is basically a housewife and I'm essentially in the kitchen with Gordon Ramsey and I'm her sidekick or sous chef.

What is your favorite meal to cook? What are you good at in the kitchen? What is you favorite side dish or entree to cook? Favorite ingredients to use while cooking? Any family or special recipes you like to make?

I've been making pretty solid burgers at home. I season the patties with Montreal. I purchased one of these, and it works well.

Stuffed Burger Press 3 in 1, Make the Perfect Burger, Stuffed Burger or Sliders, Hamburger press patty maker - Walmart.com - Walmart.com
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stuffed-Burger-Press-3-in-1-Make-the-Perfect-Burger-Stuffed-Burger-or-Sliders-Hamburger-press-patty-maker/170158607

22 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I've been making pretty solid burgers at home. I season the patties with Montreal. I purchased one of these, and it works well.

Stuffed Burger Press 3 in 1, Make the Perfect Burger, Stuffed Burger or Sliders, Hamburger press patty maker - Walmart.com - Walmart.com
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stuffed-Burger-Press-3-in-1-Make-the-Perfect-Burger-Stuffed-Burger-or-Sliders-Hamburger-press-patty-maker/170158607

Nice, I've been craving burgers lately, but want to do a homemade approach to them and will check this out and sent a link to my friend.

I've been doing the same thing with this below. It does frittatas, omelets, poached eggs, hard boiled eggs. I do mini omelets for bagel or breakfast type sandwiches and hard boiled for snacks or even adding to thing like homemade ramen I have been making.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GPF8CCZ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07GPF8CCZ&pd_rd_w=qhM61&pf_rd_p=48d372c1-f7e1-4b8b-9d02-4bd86f5158c5&pd_rd_wg=JZxHn&pf_rd_r=2CPYGVSQ26GMK70KFQ0B&pd_rd_r=eca08b42-6d63-4741-94fd-31fb56dd995d&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFYWUxQWkYxMlc4RksmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA3MDQ3MTVIV0pTVVVQSFBLUlEmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDMwMzIzNzRGVE5KOUNNSEJTWiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I think my friend is going to buy that burger gadget.

I would normally just buy the patties and kind of just seasoned it with Lowry's and crushed red pepper, but I like your idea as Montreal on anything is always a solid. Makes the clean up a bit easier, too. 

Yeah, buying the patties, and was at Costco one time, and saw they have 5 pack of frozen ground beef for $18. So I just decided to make my own. I tried the stuffed feature to make a juicy Lucy, but fucked it up. Burger was Abit burnt, and the cheese didn't melt. I'm going to try again, but I'll make sure to watch a video on YouTube first.

For the Montreal, you can buy a huge thing of it at Costco for $8. I also add crushed red pepper, because they don't sell the spicy Montreal that I like.

I have the same breakfast every morning- two veggie sausage links, and two fried eggs on toast with American cheese and scallions. Occasionally I’ll also have a little oatmeal.

i also have the same dinner every night, which is a salad.

my wife makes lunch every day, and it’s usually some kind of chili.

in reality, since my bariatric surgery, I don’t really cook like I used to, which wasn’t really a lot because my wife is an amazing cook and shoulders the majority of the cooking.

6 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Yeah, buying the patties, and was at Costco one time, and saw they have 5 pack of frozen ground beef for $18. So I just decided to make my own. I tried the stuffed feature to make a juicy Lucy, but fucked it up. Burger was Abit burnt, and the cheese didn't melt. I'm going to try again, but I'll make sure to watch a video on YouTube first.

For the Montreal, you can buy a huge thing of it at Costco for $8. I also add crushed red pepper, because they don't sell the spicy Montreal that I like.

Yeah, that's the Montreal I have. Great value.

I want to try this to start customizing burgers.

I moved from Southern California to the Rocky Mountains in 2019, and have found a couple of bison purveyors that I absolutely love. I have long loved bison, but in the last year it's gone from being a once-or-twice-per-year meal to once a week. Dozens of different kinds of bison burgers, of course, and I've been creating recipes such as bison chili, bison empanadas, and, my favorite, bison flat iron steak with caramelized shallots and red wine sauce. 

I'm not going to post pictures since I'm friends with most of you on FB and it's probably annoying. But, from scratch:

Chicken casserole, but with spaghetti type noodles to go with the mix

Ravioli casserole....think lasagna, but with cheese filled raviolis as the layers

Ramen....multiple times with multiple ingredients and recipes

Breakfast sausage, potatoes, and egg scramble

Various burrito mixes...we just get creative in the kitchen

Did a tri-tip, mashed potato, and creamed corn dinner

And a bunch more I have forgotten over the month.

I'm one of the few dudes that likes being in the kitchen and cooking up shit (however, I eat a bag of dicks at baking). I've had the chance to do it in quarantine.I was hoping to get some ideas, ingredients, or recipes from here. 

I make a pretty mean grilled lemon chicken. I’ll also do a tri-tip Korean bbq style. If I’m looking to make a lot of food I’ll cook up a pretty tasty meat sauce for pasta.

90% of my cooking lately is just eggs, bacon, or sausage. This morning I made it into a breakfast burrito, sometimes it’s a sandwich and other times I skip the bread completely. Also, I haven’t made one in awhile because I’ve kind of been avoiding carbs but I used to make a pasta based soufflé pretty regularly - typically with shrimp.

Come to think of it, I’d say it’s because I’ve been lazy, but another thing I like to do but haven’t cooked in some time is a battered / fried pork or chicken cutlet. You can dress them in all sort of ways, from southern style chicken sliders to katsu or just good old fashioned corn and mash potatoes and gravy. 

16 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

thai curries, very hot chili, barbacoa, braised oxtail

now that theres time to do it, we can get a lot of low and slow stuff in

buying a braiser was a game changer

Are those immersion sous vide things worth it?   seems like a nice way to cook chicken

I bought my wife a sous vide but she hasn’t used it yet.  I’ve also read it’s the best way to reheat foods like brisket and tri tip.  

I've been stuck on the opposite side of there bridge since early March so I don't have all of my normal ingredients. I've been experimenting with some offshoots of my usuals. 

Take a pound of chicken breast cut to whatever size you like and shake on some Chinese 5 or Thai 7 spice and a couple squirts each of soy, oyster sauce, and Worcestershire sauce and let it sit for a while. Brown that up in a mix of a tbsp coconut oil and butter. Once it's cooked through pour on a can of coconut milk, drop in a low salt chicken cube and squeeze on some lime juice. My favorite veggies to add are eggplant (goes in right away) baby corn and asparagus (only cook for a couple minutes at the end). As it cooks you can take a little taste and decide what else it might need. I like a lot of lime juice and if you're adventurous you can add some fish sauce. 

Pour this over some rice and contemplate the life choices that led you to this