• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is your best meal you can cook?

37 minutes ago, Angels Never Die said:

Onions, carrots, celery, beans, soyrizo, and marinara sauce. That's more than just beans, sir, like five more things. So, take that.

Of those 5 ingredients, only onions belong in a bowl of chili.

marinara sauce? wtf? 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

All of you are talking about Tapatio which I’ve had and I like on certain things.  For me my go to spicy sauce is siracha sauce.  I put it on steak, pork chops and chicken.  Love it. 

I find Sriracha to be a little too sweet and it can change the flavor profile of the meal.

Tapatio makes my nose run when I add enough, but doesn't change the profile. It's like just adding a solid spice without ruining the overall flavor.

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

I might mess with fish next, but don't seem to do well with white fish and it comes out dry.

Cooking salmon is probably about as easy of a meal as there is, so I've pretty much stopped bothering with others. I usually season it with salt, pepper, chill powder (or something hot) and rub it with olive oil. Wrap it in foil and bake 12-15 minutes at 370-400 depending on the size of the fillet. Serve with a drizzle of tar tar sauce. Bomb.com

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

Cooking salmon is probably about as easy of a meal as there is, so I've pretty much stopped bothering with others. I usually season it with salt, pepper, chill powder (or something hot) and rub it with olive oil. Wrap it in foil and bake 12-15 minutes at 370-400 depending on the size of the fillet. Serve with a drizzle of tar tar sauce. Bomb.com

I'm good with salmon and have a pretty dope recipe for it.

I don't like citrus type flavors...like how people put lemon on it. I make a decent rub that has some kick, usually more of a garlic base. I like to add some kind of salty cheese like parmesan or asiago in to bake. The cheese kind of gets crispy to add another texture to the dish.

Just now, Brandon said:

I don't like citrus type flavors...like how people put lemon on it. I make a decent rub that has some kick, usually more of a garlic base. I like to add some kind of salty cheese like parmesan or asiago in to bake. The cheese kind of gets crispy to add another texture to the dish.

I love the citrus/lemon profile but its generally all I cook fish with. I have some salmon in the fridge, I'll have to try it your way and see how it turns out... I imagine a rub with garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and parmesan cheese... any other tips?

55 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I love the citrus/lemon profile but its generally all I cook fish with. I have some salmon in the fridge, I'll have to try it your way and see how it turns out... I imagine a rub with garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and parmesan cheese... any other tips?

I tend to lean more towards hearty.

I like your idea and think it would be solid. Cayenne is going to add some kick. I like it. I like to keep it simple and let the garlic, kick from a spice, and cheese be the main things.

Oh, one thing I do that I didn't mention is I microwave a little bit of butter and baste the salmon before. I've done both where I baste it before the spices or do the rub and then baste with butter. Then add as much cheese as you want and put in to bake.

I tend to lean towards garlic salt than garlic powder. So be careful with the regular salt. If you go with fresh garlic you'll be fine with salt. Same with the jarred garlic that I like to use every now and then to mix it up.

I've made this so many times over the years but still have to Google the baking times. I don't wrap it because of the cheese. I just foil the baking sheet and let it rip.

Let me know how it comes out and what you liked or didn't like. Now with us talking about this I want to make this tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I tend to lean more towards hearty.

I like your idea and think it would be solid. Cayenne is going to add some kick. I like it. I like to keep it simple and let the garlic, kick from a spice, and cheese be the main things.

Oh, one thing I do that I didn't mention is I microwave a little bit of butter and baste the salmon before. I've done both where I baste it before the spices or do the rub and then baste with butter. Then add as much cheese as you want and put in to bake.

I tend to lean towards garlic salt than garlic powder. So be careful with the regular salt. If you go with fresh garlic you'll be fine with salt. Same with the jarred garlic that I like to use every now and then to mix it up.

I've made this so many times over the years but still have to Google the baking times. I don't wrap it because of the cheese. I just foil the baking sheet and let it rip.

Let me know how it comes out and what you liked or didn't like. Now with us talking about this I want to make this tomorrow. 

Damn, Im out of parmesan, not sure I want to sub in jack... 

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Damn, Im out of parmesan, not sure I want to sub in jack... 

Jack should be ok. I've even gone with the shitty Kraft grated part before or even mexi mix. Something a little stronger compliments. I think you'll be ok with jack. I've never tried it before, let me know if that's how you go with it.

at PF Chang's they have these fried green beans that are delicious. they come with a dipping sauce that has sriracha in it, and it's perfectly mild enough for me.

this made me believe i could handle sriracha straight. i was wrong. liquid fire in my mouth.

On 5/13/2020 at 9:36 AM, Brandon said:

I ended up picking up some Parmesan to complete the dish. It turned out quite well, though I’m still thinking about what I might add to it to push it over the top.

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I ended up picking up some Parmesan to complete the dish. It turned out quite well, though I’m still thinking about what I might add to it to push it over the top.

As someone that love to cook, I do lack in my spice category. So trying something like basil or marjoram isn't something I considered. One thing I like to do every now and then is add crushed red pepper, but I didn't mention it because you were using cayenne. 

Glad you liked it. I wanted to do something different than just adding salt and squeezing a lemon over it, as I don't really like it too much. Fucked around in the kitchen and came up with this. When I usually make it, it looks like this:

Zatarains cajun seasoning, garlic salt, butter, crushed red pepper, and parmesan